Become a Patron!

Did I ruin my batteries? Boxdrip 160

grandsouls

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
337E0F0A-513C-4794-A34D-27745131D8B4.jpeg I just bot a brand new kanger dripbox 160 today along with 2 li-ion 18650 batteries (ones pictured)
I first didn’t realize or know (guy who sold it to me said no it comes with a USB charger you don’t need battery chargers.) until I read up on this, USB charging is bad. Of course after draining what was on the batteries when I bot them I plugged the unit into the USB charger. I left until the battery symbol was full and was gone on the device (1 hr later or so)
After fully charged it died maybe 20-30 minutes of actual use. At only 55 watts :,( I then bot chargers. I let them charge for 2? Or so hrs I plugged into unit again and tried using it as I was excited and wanted to try. It does within 15-20 long drags off of the unit at 55-60 watts ( when put batteries in there where two bars after few hits drained)
So! It has been 2 hrs again and I am letting them till chargers turn green. But will they work ugh I don’t have anymore money to spend :,( asshole told me usb charge is fine!
So are they fried or USB just not charge it properly? The device itself works brilliantly am really happy with it. But batteries I think I broke them please help :( .? If not how long do these things take to charge? Could the problem second time be they just weren’t charged properly so they just drained right away or what??
Please help sorry for the long ramble thank you to any who reads and helps out

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Looks to me like you've been sold the wrong batteries... they look a lot like low drain batteries from a loathsome brand called Ultrafire. Also, USB charging is usually NOT fine... it depends, because many regulated mods will overcharge the batteries and or internally overheat so, unless you know for sure, it is actually even dangerous to do.

The best batteries for your intended use are Sony Konion VTC6 batteries... second best choice are Samsung 30Q batteries. Get a separate battery charger, such as the Nitecore NEW i2, and, last but not least, buy your batteries (and charger) from a reputable vendor... not ebay.

grandsouls

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
E1E2742F-51A3-4D7E-A2B2-E391C464D6CB.jpeg
Looks to me like you've been sold the wrong batteries... they look a lot like low drain batteries from a loathsome brand called Ultrafire. Also, USB charging is usually NOT fine... it depends, because many regulated mods will overcharge the batteries and or internally overheat so, unless you know for sure, it is actually even dangerous to do.

The best batteries for your intended use are Sony Konion VTC6 batteries... second best choice are Samsung 30Q batteries. Get a separate battery charger, such as the Nitecore NEW i2, and, last but not least, buy your batteries (and charger) from a reputable vendor... not ebay.
So he fucked me over :,(
It was the rest of money I had I buy with, I wanted to quit smoking. Now I can’t buy a carton either. That’s bullshit !
Here’s an exact image of my battery

grandsouls

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sorry I didn’t see that they where different- last picture posted of is the one I posses

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Are you in the US?

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Low drain battery manufactured in China. Sells for about a dollar or less on Alibaba.com so yeah... looks like you've been fucked over with those batteries, and you've been fucked over with them terribly hard too.

grandsouls

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Low drain battery manufactured in China. Sells for about a dollar or less on Alibaba.com so yeah... looks like you've been fucked over with those batteries, and you've been fucked over with them terribly hard too.
Really the ones I just posted ?
Dude

grandsouls

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Fuck that he’s giving me my money back. I asked if they where right battery and if I can USB charge. He said yes to both. Peice of shit

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Really the ones I just posted ?
Dude

The batteries you were sold are very bad, what are called rewraps - they are battery cells that were rejected by the reputable manufacturers and wrapped with an off-brand label - probably why they are draining so quickly

When you have enough money get some from a reputable seller: authentic Sony, Samsung or LG brand

Be careful, there are many fakes of these brands out there also

Avoid Efest brand and any brand with the word "fire" in the name - these are crappy and can be dangerous

grandsouls

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The batteries you were sold are very bad, what are called rewraps - they are battery cells that were rejected by the reputable manufacturers and wrapped with an off-brand label - probably why they are draining so quickly

When you have enough money get some from a reputable seller: authentic Sony, Samsung or LG brand

Avoid Efest brand and any brand with the word "fire" in the name - these are crappy and can be dangerous

Ok sir thank you. Yes I’m going to have a talking with him tomorrow. Why are people such assholes. :( I spent the rest of my money on this set up :( cock sucker

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

They are not rewraps... they are manufactured by a Chinese manufacturer called "Guiping Jieli (VIPOW) Battery Co., Ltd.". They are low drain batteries intended to be used in low powered flashlights, toys, portable radios, storage of solar energy, etc..

grandsouls

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They are not rewraps... they are manufactured by a Chinese manufacturer called "Guiping Jieli (VIPOW) Battery Co., Ltd.". They are low drain batteries intended to be used in low powered flashlights, toys, portable radios, storage of solar energy, etc..
Seriously .. :( why would someone do that

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can you use dripbox while plugged in

I'm pretty sure it doesn't have pass through that allows you to do so. You're next question should be where can you find a reputable battery dealer? And go back to the guy who sold it to you and see what he'll do about it.

grandsouls

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm pretty sure it doesn't have pass through that allows you to do so. You're next question should be where can you find a reputable battery dealer? And go back to the guy who sold it to you and see what he'll do about it.
I’m goin tomorrow and getting my money back and if he doesn’t give it back than I’m telling everyone he scammed me. One little man who knows no one in town vs someone who knows just about every soul who has been or is in this town.
Fucking peice of shit I HATE being fucked over even if it was 26$ it was my last bit of my money don’t take last of a mans money!!!

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Interesting info - thanks

Learn something new everyday :cloud:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I’m goin tomorrow and getting my money back and if he doesn’t give it back than I’m telling everyone he scammed me. One little man who knows no one in town vs someone who knows just about every soul who has been or is in this town.
Fucking peice of shit I HATE being fucked over even if it was 26$ it was my last bit of my money don’t take last of a mans money!!!

Hey Yo!

Get good batteries at IMR. This is where I order batteries from and have not had any issues with being fucked over by them. They send you authentic and genuine batteries. Yes, they do their own in-house rewrapping. But it is not rewrapping with nefarious purposes intended. They rewrap batteries which come wrapped cheaply with crap for wrappings and replace that with extremely good and tough wrappings that are 3mm thick I believe.

The batteries are marked with the rough information as to what it is, company that made them abbreviated, size, amps and IMR's own little plug. They also sell battery wrap material of good grade, battery positive pin covers, buttery rubbers(Ask Lucy, she'll 'splain what I mean. :) ), butter cases, if it's battery related you'll likely find them selling it. IMR are good folks, stand up fellers (inclusive of ladies that may work for them).

grandsouls

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey Yo!

Get good batteries at IMR. This is where I order batteries from and have not had any issues with being fucked over by them. They send you authentic and genuine batteries. Yes, they do their own in-house rewrapping. But it is not rewrapping with nefarious purposes intended. They rewrap batteries which come wrapped cheaply with crap for wrappings and replace that with extremely good and tough wrappings that are 3mm thick I believe.

The batteries are marked with the rough information as to what it is, company that made them abbreviated, size, amps and IMR's own little plug. They also sell battery wrap material of good grade, battery positive pin covers, buttery rubbers(Ask Lucy, she'll 'splain what I mean. :) ), butter cases, if it's battery related you'll likely find them selling it. IMR are good folks, stand up fellers (inclusive of ladies that may work for them).

Ok thanks so much I am able to at lease get my money back I’ll be going to the city soon and I’ll go to a reputable store and get proper battery

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Seriously .. :( why would someone do that

Because most people who don't frequent vape forums DON'T KNOW ANY BETTER. That's exactly why you have news reports of "exploding e-cigarettes"... it's really the batteries that are at fault, not the "e-cigarette", but people just don't know any better.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ok thanks so much I am able to at lease get my money back I’ll be going to the city soon and I’ll go to a reputable store and get proper battery

I realize you're in Canada, and I don't really know what kinds of stores you have or what they have in them.... but even IF you can find the right batteries in a store, you're likely going to pay 10 times what they're really worth. Order online... illumn.com, or liionwholesale.com -- best prices, and genuine batteries that are suited for vaping -- you need batteries that are 20A CDR -- 15A CDR is acceptable, but 20A is better.

Andria

grandsouls

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I realize you're in Canada, and I don't really know what kinds of stores you have or what they have in them.... but even IF you can find the right batteries in a store, you're likely going to pay 10 times what they're really worth. Order online... illumn.com, or liionwholesale.com -- best prices, and genuine batteries that are suited for vaping -- you need batteries that are 20A CDR -- 15A CDR is acceptable, but 20A is better.

Andria
Thank you
Can I just use the two batteries from my cool fire Iv tc 100 and my istick tc40w ?

grandsouls

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also I have a bunch of old laptops can I crack some open and take the 18650s from there ???

grandsouls

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Please do not do that - very dangerous
any regular stores sell? I found Walmart has some kinds...?
I just want to use it I spent last of money on it and now I can’t use it. And I did get my money back for batteries so that’s good

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Doesn't matter where you get them as long as they are GENUINE AUTHENTIC Sony, LG or Samsung 18650 cells

Don't know if Walmart in Canada sells those - places that sell high end flashlights probably will have the batteries you need

grandsouls

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Doesn't matter where you get them as long as they are GENUINE AUTHENTIC Sony, LG or Samsung 18650 cells

Don't know if Walmart in Canada sells those - places that sell high end flashlights probably will have the batteries you need
Ah maybe I can figure this out k thx

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I REALLY DOUBT Walmart has anything even close to what's needed. If you have any stores that are dedicated battery stores, they MIGHT... maybe. But around here, I went into a Batteries Plus store, and they were trying to sell Efests for vaping. :facepalm: So just the fact that it's a battery store, means NOTHING.

If you want to be sure you're getting GENUINE Samsung, Sony, or LG batteries... illumn.com or liionwholesale.com

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thank you
Can I just use the two batteries from my cool fire Iv tc 100 and my istick tc40w ?

I don't know what you have in those, so no way to know if even those are appropriate for vaping. There's apparently a growth industry in selling sub-par and even counterfeit batteries these days. For a flashlight, that wouldn't be a huge problem. For something you're going to put up IN YOUR FACE and carry around probably in a pocket or something... you do not want to cheap out on batteries, unless you're just dying to have some plastic surgery on your body somewhere; surgery to the face/mouth is usually really expensive and painful, and burn wards are terrible places to find yourself.

Andria

grandsouls

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
These are in old laptop battery Samsung 18650s.
Is there any valid reason I can’t use them ?

Attachments

• DD6A8377-E2D2-4EF5-8E55-EEA182C13046.jpeg
    DD6A8377-E2D2-4EF5-8E55-EEA182C13046.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17

grandsouls

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
O

Is there any chance I can use these Samsung batteries from laptop ?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
These are in old laptop battery Samsung 18650s.
Is there any valid reason I can’t use them ?

Yes there is an excellent reason not to use them: they're ICRs, not IMRs nor even INRs. ICRs are NOT!!!!!!!!!! SAFE FOR VAPING!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
O

Is there any chance I can use these Samsung batteries from laptop ?

What part of NO aren't you understanding?????????

Andria

ETA: those are 26Fs, which are "protected" batteries -- which means they won't give you anything over 15w, and are NOT safe for vaping, if they'll even fit, which is highly doubtful -- they're 69.5mm long, which is 4.5mm too long for vape mods. AND THEY'RE NOT SAFE! They will ONLY go to 6amp, which isn't even CLOSE to the 15-20 amps you require.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you want to be sure you're getting GENUINE Samsung, Sony, or LG batteries... illumn.com or liionwholesale.com

I'll add again, imrbatteries.com

I would trust any of these three online vendors to ship proper, GENUINE Sony, Samsung, LG batteries. I personally buy from IMR but know @JuicyLucy & @AndriaD will not steer me wrong on where to also shop for batteries. If either one of them says such and such is a good vendor, you can put it to the gospel, ride it to the bank, mine it from the vein of gold, what these Ladies tell you are bang on accurate. If I could sire little human babies I would trust either of them implicitly that said baby/ies were hurt, killed, they would see to it the remains would vanish without any question. :giggle: So trust them to tell me which batteries won't go boom too likely? Sure, I'll trust them.

By the by, IMR is having a good sale on proper LG HB6 18650 1500mAh 30A Battery for about $4.50 USD each unit. Not sure exactly what that relates in the sterling pound or what Queen Mum has you Cannucks using, but I'd expect it's not too terribly much out of line to make it expensive. Got four of them last week, retired 2-3 I'd been using for 6-8 months so they can gradually go out of the cycle. I'll use them in flashlights, got a 18650 taking radio, this will be all the retired ones get used for.

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'll add again, imrbatteries.com

I would trust any of these three online vendors to ship proper, GENUINE Sony, Samsung, LG batteries. I personally buy from IMR but know @JuicyLucy & @AndriaD will not steer me wrong on where to also shop for batteries. If either one of them says such and such is a good vendor, you can put it to the gospel, ride it to the bank, mine it from the vein of gold, what these Ladies tell you are bang on accurate. If I could sire little human babies I would trust either of them implicitly that is said baby/ies were hurt, killed, they would see to it the remains would vanish without any question. :giggle: So trust them to tell me which batteries won't go boom too likely? Sure, I'll trust them.

I haven't shopped at IMR before so I dunno, but I do know that at illumn.com and liionwholesale.com, they give you all the specs of every battery they sell -- that's how I found the info on the 25F, at liionwholesale.com.

The mAh is less important than the CDR -- Continuous Discharge Rate, which is the amperage rating -- for vaping, you need at least 15amps, if you're a low-wattage/high resistance vaper.... if you're into either high wattage or low resistance or both, you need 20A *AT A MINIMUM* to be safe. and the higher the CDR, the lower the mAh will be -- you can't have both, and any battery that seems to indicate that you can, is lying.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Go with Sony, LG or Samsung

IMR recommendation is confusing things

Sony, LG and Samsung are your best bet

Very true, because INRs are also acceptable, if the CDR is high enough -- I think all of mine are INRs -- Samsung 25Rs, LG HE2s, and Samsung 30Qs.

Andria

VU Sponsors