Become a Patron!

Did I ruin my batteries? Boxdrip 160

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
As predicted, and you didn’t even need the link to dismiss the specs I found haha. As an electrical and controls engineer I like to read Mooch’s testing AND the specs too, but this one he didn’t test. And I’m not going anywhere, have a nice day!
Dude. The 26F, 26FM, and 26FU are all the same 5.2 amp batteries and the specs are all exactly the same... the optional letter M or U at the end of "26F" just serves as an identifier for the location of the manufacturing plant. :D

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
:bliss:
Dude. The 26F, 26FM, and 26FU are all the same 5.2 amp batteries and the specs are all exactly the same... the optional letter M or U at the end of "26F" just serves as an identifier for the location of the manufacturing plant. :D
I could care less if you are right, wrong, if the specs are its 5.2A or 6A, or anything else, I wouldn't vape that battery haha. And you are arguing with your self, I never made any claims about whether the link to the specs I found were right or wrong I just mentioned I found some for that battery, you are a trip man! :facepalm:
Here was my exact quote:
"By the way that Samsung 26FU is rated at 6.0 Amps if the specs I found are correct. I wouldnt use that or the VIPOW batteries you were sold. Use the ones a lot of folks recommended here. Good luck"
And here's the link to the specs I referred to:
http://sebattery.en.hisupplier.com/product-2385347-Samsung-icr18650-26fu-with-3-7volt.html

Nothing in my post was false, and I didn't make it up as you inferred. Nothing in my post claimed anything regarding whether or not those spec's were accurate. I simply found a link to some specs for a 26FU and repeated what they said with a disclaimer. But go ahead, prove you were right about something I never claimed... to yourself. ;)

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I could care less if you are right, wrong, if the specs are its 5.2A or 6A, or anything else, I wouldn't vape that battery haha. And you are arguing with your self, I never made any claims about whether the link to the specs I found were right or wrong, you are a trip man! :facepalm:
I already know you wouldn't vape that battery, and besides, neither would I. But if I was a MTL vaper who vapes far enough below 30 watts (I'm not), then with two of these (undamaged) batteries in a regulated mod I know I could still vape them temporarily until my new batteries arrived. So no, I'm not arguing with myself... just making sure that other people who might stumble across this thread in the future can easily see who is spreading all the noise.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I could care less if you are right, wrong, if the specs are its 5.2A or 6A, or anything else, I wouldn't vape that battery haha. And you are arguing with your self, I never made any claims about whether the link to the specs I found were right or wrong I just mentioned I found some for that battery, you are a trip man! :facepalm:
Here was my exact quote:
"By the way that Samsung 26FU is rated at 6.0 Amps if the specs I found are correct. I wouldnt use that or the VIPOW batteries you were sold. Use the ones a lot of folks recommended here. Good luck"
And here's the link to the specs I referred to:
http://sebattery.en.hisupplier.com/product-2385347-Samsung-icr18650-26fu-with-3-7volt.html

Nothing in my post was false, and I didn't make it up as you inferred. Nothing in my post claimed anything regarding whether or not those spec's were accurate. I simply found a link to some specs for a 26FU and repeated what they said. But go ahead, prove you were right about something I never claimed... to yourself. ;)
I never claimed that you thought/assumed those specs are correct. I only pointed out that neither the wrong specs you found nor your useless opinion of said batteries will change the fact they can still be used for vaping at less than 15 watts per battery despite that vaping them is not recommended (mainly due to the high voltage sag and lower mAh rating compared to several other affordable low amp battery choices).

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I never claimed that you thought/assumed those specs are correct. I only pointed out that neither the wrong specs you found nor your useless opinion of said batteries will change the fact they can still be used for vaping at less than 15 watts per battery despite that vaping them is not recommended (mainly due to the high voltage sag and lower mAh rating compared to several other affordable low amp battery choices).
Lol wow you sure do like to move the goal posts around you blow more smoke than a 200W mod lmao!
Your earlier post:
“Care to tell us where exactly it was that you've found those specs? Or should we judge you by the fact you're just talking out of your ass?”
The only “fact” about that post is that you talk out your ass ;)

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Umm vaping at 15 watts? A bit of a detour since the OP said they were vaping at 55-60 watts.
No, not vaping at 15 watts. Vaping at 15 watts PER BATTERY.

Read the thread. The OP was already made aware (by me) that two of these batteries are not capable to provide more than 30 watts, meaning, two of these can't provide anything even close to 55 watts.

grandsouls

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Since there’s so many people on here
Question: is less wraps or more wraps better for flavour?

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There is no standard answer to the question of how many wraps are ideal. It depends on pretty much everything else, including the inner diameter of the coil and what exactly it is that you are wrapping, the airflow, etc..

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile

grandsouls

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There is no standard answer to the question of how many wraps are ideal. It depends on pretty much everything else, including the inner diameter of the coil and what exactly it is that you are wrapping, the airflow, etc..
All I got right now is kenthal A1 22g wire I built couple different coils, thus far I found my last the most
Is it safe to have two coils connected as one? 5C6B7AC4-4DA7-4A7C-A034-5A8DFC6E063C.jpegLike this

grandsouls

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also on this deck ( old school two posts with one hole in each ) is it safe to run as a single coil? When I got it With the dripbox 160 they had it set up as a duel coil. My other favourite build so far is just a single coil 12 wraps on that deck. It produced decent clouds and even better flavour
But this last build has a lot better clouds weirdly enough I dunno what I’m doing lol it’s my first rda
So for future. I love flavour, would stainless steel be better as I can do temp control ?

grandsouls

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Like this, is this safe I quite like the vape it gives me goooood flavour it’s at .77 ohms

Attachments

• C616233B-981A-468A-97B4-C71343F4AF50.jpeg
    C616233B-981A-468A-97B4-C71343F4AF50.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
If you are enjoying the vape, you are good to go

grandsouls

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you are enjoying the vape, you are good to go
I try duel now.
Ohms only .43
Why is it less if there’s another coil wouldn’t it be doubled .. like 1.4 1.3 ohms..????
Flavour is better but it burns hotter and less vapour

Attachments

• 6EF22B04-F98F-45AB-BC69-307781562D77.jpeg
    6EF22B04-F98F-45AB-BC69-307781562D77.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 5

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I try duel now.
Ohms only .43
Why is it less if there’s another coil wouldn’t it be doubled .. like 1.4 1.3 ohms..????
Flavour is better but it burns hotter and less vapour
The opposite. It halves. A 0.3 coil would come out as 0.15 so the resistance reading on your mod would be showing the resistance of both coils. Just don't build stupidly low. Like below 0.1 ohms an you'll be fine! I'd suggest getting a better RDA like the tsunami for the Dripbox though cos that stock atty sucks. Can't get larger builds into the tiny build area

grandsouls

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The opposite. It halves. A 0.3 coil would come out as 0.15 so the resistance reading on your mod would be showing the resistance of both coils. Just don't build stupidly low. Like below 0.1 ohms an you'll be fine! I'd suggest getting a better RDA like the tsunami for the Dripbox though cos that stock atty sucks. Can't get larger builds into the tiny build area
Ah ok, thank you
Yah I heard the tsunami is good.
https://www.canadaejuice.com/geek-vape-tsunami-rda?search=Tsunami#intro
Like this one? It’s only 4.99$!!! Sweet

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I actually love my tsunami 24 but it doesn't sit flush on the Dripbox & I hate overhang!
Like Lucy said though alot of people seem to have leaking. To be honest though I only have leaking if I over drip. It's actually my favourite RDA. You can also have one airflow slot open an use it in single coil mode cos the closed airflow is blocking the other post. I prefer it in single coil mode myself.

grandsouls

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I actually love my tsunami 24 but it doesn't sit flush on the Dripbox & I hate overhang!
Like Lucy said though alot of people seem to have leaking. To be honest though I only have leaking if I over drip. It's actually my favourite RDA. You can also have one airflow slot open an use it in single coil mode cos the closed airflow is blocking the other post. I prefer it in single coil mode myself.
Interesting.
The reviews I see don’t say it’s for squonking ( I think it’s called ) do they have needle adaptor thingys ?
Edit: So I should get the 5.00$ tsunami maybe as it fits better?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Interesting.
The reviews I see don’t say it’s for squonking ( I think it’s called ) do they have needle adaptor thingys ?

I'm not seeing that a squonk pin is included for that particular attie - - -

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Interesting.
It comes with a regular pin preinstalled but you can unscrew it an insert a squonk pin.
I sometimes use mine on my dripbox 160 when I fancy using an RDA as I'd rather squonk than have to drip all the time!

grandsouls

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It comes with a regular pin preinstalled but you can unscrew it an insert a squonk pin.
I sometimes use mine on my dripbox 160 when I fancy using an RDA as I'd rather squonk than have to drip all the time!
Yes I quite like the idea of squonking that’s why I chose the dripbox160 I don’t like the idea of always having to drip. Don’t have patients an at work really don’t have the time sometimes.
Ok thanks bud

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes I quite like the idea of squonking that’s why I chose the dripbox160 I don’t like the idea of always having to drip. Don’t have patients an at work really don’t have the time sometimes.
Ok thanks bud
I'm totally the same and squonking is much more convenient for on the go.
You can't really beat the flavour of a dripper. What build did you put in your atty btw?? Might be better with a good build!

grandsouls

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks all you guys for all the help! I appreciate it a lot. I’ve only used the Innokin Coolfire4 TC100, it never satisfied me though enough, with this drip box though Iv been 6 days without a fag, and still haven’t even really thought about a cigarette, the clouds and flavour from it are so satisfying, I can’t wait to get a even better rda and get even better clouds and flavour!

grandsouls

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm totally the same and squonking is much more convenient for on the go.
You can't really beat the flavour of a dripper. What build did you put in your atty btw?? Might be better with a good build!
It’s just a single coil 12 wrap 22g kenthal
Any recommendation for coil build ( I’m stuck with 22g Kenthal till I’m paid )
I’ll take any ideas ☺️ Thus far this seems to hit the spot the best.

Attachments

• C611EB4D-198C-4460-8C93-E6B3760D8A29.jpeg
    C611EB4D-198C-4460-8C93-E6B3760D8A29.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5

grandsouls

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No worries dude. Aliens give good flavour buy haven't quite mastered them so I get pre made. I get pre mades if I just can't be bothered! You'll find videos on YouTube for some easy but good performing builds :)
Aight cool cool next order I will be buying some SS wires, do you know a 2 good gauges for clampton? I was probably just gonna but 26 & 24s
Perhaps for clampton 26 & 32s?

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Aight cool cool next order I will be buying some SS wires, do you know a 2 good gauges for clampton? I was probably just gonna but 26 & 24s
Perhaps for clampton 26 & 32s?
You'll have to experiment & see what you like. I use 28 gauge but people are different. Some people like thicker wire an a longer ramp up an some people the opposite. You sound like your off to a good start! Wish I got ss wire when I first built. I had single claptons and it was the thinnest wire ever hahaha

grandsouls

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You'll have to experiment & see what you like. I use 28 gauge but people are different. Some people like thicker wire an a longer ramp up an some people the opposite. You sound like your off to a good start! Wish I got ss wire when I first built. I had single claptons and it was the thinnest wire ever hahaha
Ok cool. Well I’m using 22g kanthal right now it’s alright.
You need screwdriver to make a clampton tho don’t ya?

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok cool. Well I’m using 22g kanthal right now it’s alright.
You need screwdriver to make a clampton tho don’t ya?
Yeah I use a screwdriver and do 6-8 wraps. Some people use a drill for my exotic coils or better still you can buy a jig.
It can be pretty hard to build more complex builds with just a screwdriver.
If you use a jig it twists the wire for you.
I think 24-26 would suite you btw. 28 might be too thin for you if you've started building on 22

grandsouls

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah I use a screwdriver and do 6-8 wraps. Some people use a drill for my exotic coils or better still you can buy a jig.
It can be pretty hard to build more complex builds with just a screwdriver.
If you use a jig it twists the wire for you.
I think 24-26 would suite you btw. 28 might be too thin for you if you've started building on 22
Aight I shall go back to that original thought of size. I really want to try a staple build those look sick as fuck. I’ll need thinner wire. I will get all three probably 24-26-28 .

VU Sponsors