Become a Patron!

Did I ruin my batteries? Boxdrip 160

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Aight I shall go back to that original thought of size. I really want to try a staple build those look sick as fuck. I’ll need thinner wire. I will get all three probably 24-26-28 .
Yeah that's why I get thinner wire! I've not tried stapled yet but they look something eh??

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Flavor depends on temperature and airflow, plus the type of coil you use. A clapton coil gives better flavor than a straight coil. Size of the mouth piece also affects flavor.

Bah! Just because ... *big shit eating grin*
<joking>
No! You're wrong, it's beans that give off flavor! Now, I demand you profess your Silly Putty addiction that makes you think you know it all. </joking> :giggle: *shaking my head*

Hey, you need one of these :hug: :) I saw you know who and they told me you needed one. :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
blah, blah, blah ... The facts that I know are that a lot of people on this forum website are spreading misinformation and child fantasies about batteries for vaping ... blah, blah, blah

I look at the join date listed under your avatar and visible each time you post. My joining date is sooner than yours. I can recall @David Wolf from one, possibly two other forums regarding vaping I frequent at times. @David Wolf has always presented themselves with integrity, intellect, a sense of having a good handle on information in the age of information & data. That to me, along with @David Wolf seeming to also have a sense of humility conveys and earns my respect.

They give respect. That is a lesson in how to get it for yourself. You've come here and frankly irked a few of us who attempted genuinely to help. We offer our experience out of kindness and a joy we find in helping others. We are not often irked by folks, we have what is called thick skins. We've been the newbie before too, you see? We have thought at one time or another we knew all about all, even total strangers on an internet forum. We learned, sometimes easily, sometimes with difficulty no one can know all.

Back to your join date. How do you suppose to explain knowing folks here are giving bad information to newbies if you've not been here? Have you been lurking and suddenly decide to contribute your know all-ness to help save the newbies? Why didn't you chime in sooner? We that are now experienced sure could have used your great help way back when. Shoot, how did we ever manage without you? I'm sad I didn't get to bake you a cake, no one foretold of your coming.

Sorry, the truth is we've seen your kind before. You're not original, not unique, not the best or greatest, not the first and likely not the last. You have disturbed my inner calm because you've drug this out so long and now are trying, and failing to weasel out by transference. You are such a joke if only you were funny. Alright, I'm done with you and I think a lot here are as well. Please do continue your blathering if you like though, you surely do have that right, as we've a right to not listen. Have a happy. :)

Think I'll now defer this to @Countrypami &/or a @Huckleberried, I'm sure they might be better suited to help you understand courtesy.

Last edited:

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I look at the join date listed under your avatar and visible each time you post. My joining date is sooner than yours. I can recall @David Wolf from one, possibly two other forums regarding vaping I frequent at times. @David Wolf has always presented themselves with integrity, intellect, a sense of having a good handle on information in the age of information & data. That to me, along with @David Wolf seeming to also have a sense of humility conveys and earns my respect.

They give respect. That is a lesson in how to get it for yourself. You've come here and frankly irked a few of us who attempted genuinely to help. We offer our experience out of kindness and a joy we find in helping others. We are not often irked by folks, we have what is called thick skins. We've been the newbie before too, you see? We have thought at one time or another we knew all about all, even total strangers on an internet forum. We learned, sometimes easily, sometimes with difficulty no one can know all.

Back to your join date. How do you suppose to explain knowing folks here are giving bad information to newbies if you've not been here? Have you been lurking and suddenly decide to contribute your know all-ness to help save the newbies? Why didn't you chime in sooner? We that are now experienced sure could have used your great help way back when. Shoot, how did we ever manage without you? I'm sad I didn't get to bake you a cake, no one foretold of your coming.

Sorry, the truth is we've seen your kind before. You're not original, not unique, not the best or greatest, not the first and likely not the last. You have disturbed my inner calm because you've drug this out so long and now are trying, and failing to weasel out by transference. You are such a joke if only you were funny. Alright, I'm done with you and I think a lot here are as well. Please do continue your blathering if you like though, you surely do have that right, as we've a right to not listen. Have a happy. :)

Think I'll now defer this to @Countrypami &/or a @Huckleberried, I'm sure they might be better suited to help you understand courtesy.

Well said!

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I don't judge posts by the join date of the person who posted, nor even by the person's post count, but rather, I judge them by what's posted. If you need an early join date to cover up the fact your postings are plain old bullshit most of the time, then yeah... I think I get your point about "intellect". ;)

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team

Nicely done. Good example of grace sir.
I am getting tired of popcorn, might just try that pizza.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't judge posts by the join date of the person who posted, nor even by the person's post count, but rather, I judge them by what's posted. If you need an early join date to cover up the fact your postings are plain old bullshit most of the time, then yeah... I think I get your point about "intellect". ;)

No, I genuinely doubt you could ever see any of my points. Even if you did, I know your type and know you would deny, state contrary to any valid point I raised. Sorry if I'm not actually giving you a rise per say. As I noted before, total strangers on an Internet & Web forum. I do not know you specifically ergo I cannot have any real salient opinion of you specifically because apathy distracts emotions. That means the limited perception I have about you can be stated objectively. I've no use for the ilk of trolls, jerks, fools, and those who put others down to make themselves appear better. As I said, have a happy. Click by the way.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No, I genuinely doubt you could ever see any of my points. Even if you did, I know your type and know you would deny, state contrary to any valid point I raised. Sorry if I'm not actually giving you a rise per say. As I noted before, total strangers on an Internet & Web forum. I do not know you specifically ergo I cannot have any real salient opinion of you specifically because apathy distracts emotions. That means the limited perception I have about you can be stated objectively. I've no use for the ilk of trolls, jerks, fools, and those who put others down to make themselves appear better. As I said, have a happy. Click by the way.
Mooch is not a "total stranger on an Internet & Web forum". Ergo, your point is moot. Limited perception = to not be capable to read & understand what's written in Mooch's blog & to not be capable to watch & understand what's been said in multiple video interviews with Mooch on YouTube. So, because I respect Mooch, go fuck yourself happily sideways. ;)

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mooch is not a "total stranger on an Internet & Web forum". Ergo, your point is moot. Limited perception = to not be capable to read & understand what's written in Mooch's blog & to not be capable to watch & understand what's been said in multiple video interviews with Mooch on YouTube. So, because I respect Mooch, go fuck yourself happily sideways. ;)
Lmao I like you :p

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Since there’s so many people on here
Question: is less wraps or more wraps better for flavour?
I find a larger inner diameter is better for flavor and cloud. (more juice in coil) but for flavor, the more juice the coil can trap and heat, the better the flavor.
A simple coil best for clouds
A single core clapton is better than a simple coil for flavor.
A dual core clapton is better than single core.
Then you have alien coils, and fancier coil builds. Rule of thumb, the more spaces in a coil wire, the better the flavor. 5 strands of ribbon wire, mounted between 2 strands of regular wire and claptoned would trap more juice that the other coils I mentioned, hence would give more flavor.

5 strands of twisted (not to tightly twisted) ribbon wire is simple and also gives good flavor.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Now as for this battery debate..laptop batteries? Are you insane? They do not always drain equally so once the laptop cell fails, they are not married. Plus 6A is far to low to vape and will blow your face off. Consider.. 0.15 ohm at 4.2V = 28A. FAR above the 6 amp CDR. This means the cell is going to overheat very quickly, swell and explode like a shotgun shell.

So here is the final be all and end all of battery recommendations. HIGH DRAIN batteries only. MINIMIUM 20A CDR. (20A, 25A 30A) are your choices. DO NOT buy any battery with a "pulse rating" That is a deliberately misleading label meant to sell batteries to stupid people with no concern for their safety. A battery will pulse at whatever Amp you build your coil to. ***DO NOT BUILD THIS EXAMPLE*** 0.04ohm. 4.2V = 105 AMP PULSE far in excess of even a 30A CDR.... Will it work? Yes. Will it explode in your face.. probably. MOOCHs stress tests are limited to 70A and 100C battery temperature. Just to give you something to compare. Mainly... there is no standard pulse time. 2 second? 5 second? 10 second? You have no way to know how long they fired the cell to get that 35A pulse rating. (usually, it is only a 20A CDR battery)

Use 2000Mah to 3000Mah. Higher Mah = longer run time. Lower Mah = harder hitting (higher amp)
Example.. 2000MaH 30A vs 3000MaH 20A. Generally higher amps are meant for mech users. Most regulated mod users use 2500 to 3000 MaH.

We recommend only 3 brands of batteries. Samsung, Sony, LG. These are high quality batteries tested and used by millions of vapers and proven reliable. They cost a couple dollars more, but is saving $4.00 over a 1 year period worth risking blowing your face off and undergoing months of surgery?

This is all the information you need to know about what batteries to use. Now if you use this information is on YOU. So if you ignore it and blow your face off.. don't be going on youtube whining about vaping being dangerous or blaming your mod, or vaping or any of the other failtard reasons you see in those "I blew my face off" videos.

Battery brands such as IMFire, etc.. are rewrapped factory 2nds. Now personally, I don't want to vape on a battery that has failed Manufacturer Quality Assurance tests. Hence the reason they are factory 2nds. Batteries that pass will have the Sony, Samsung, LG label.

Beware of fakes. Find a trusted vendor or supplier and stick. They aren't there to make a quick buck, they are there for the long term and their reputation is their livelihood.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now as for this battery debate..laptop batteries? Are you insane? They do not always drain equally so once the laptop cell fails, they are not married. Plus 6A is far to low to vape and will blow your face off. Consider.. 0.15 ohm at 4.2V = 28A. FAR above the 6 amp CDR. This means the cell is going to overheat very quickly, swell and explode like a shotgun shell.

So here is the final be all and end all of battery recommendations. HIGH DRAIN batteries only. MINIMIUM 20A CDR. (20A, 25A 30A) are your choices. DO NOT buy any battery with a "pulse rating" That is a deliberately misleading label meant to sell batteries to stupid people with no concern for their safety. A battery will pulse at whatever Amp you build your coil to. ***DO NOT BUILD THIS EXAMPLE*** 0.04ohm. 4.2V = 105 AMP PULSE far in excess of even a 30A CDR.... Will it work? Yes. Will it explode in your face.. probably. MOOCHs stress tests are limited to 70A and 100C battery temperature. Just to give you something to compare. Mainly... there is no standard pulse time. 2 second? 5 second? 10 second? You have no way to know how long they fired the cell to get that 35A pulse rating. (usually, it is only a 20A CDR battery)

Use 2000Mah to 3000Mah. Higher Mah = longer run time. Lower Mah = harder hitting (higher amp)
Example.. 2000MaH 30A vs 3000MaH 20A. Generally higher amps are meant for mech users. Most regulated mod users use 2500 to 3000 MaH.

We recommend only 3 brands of batteries. Samsung, Sony, LG. These are high quality batteries tested and used by millions of vapers and proven reliable. They cost a couple dollars more, but is saving $4.00 over a 1 year period worth risking blowing your face off and undergoing months of surgery?

This is all the information you need to know about what batteries to use. Now if you use this information is on YOU. So if you ignore it and blow your face off.. don't be going on youtube whining about vaping being dangerous or blaming your mod, or vaping or any of the other failtard reasons you see in those "I blew my face off" videos.

Battery brands such as IMFire, etc.. are rewrapped factory 2nds. Now personally, I don't want to vape on a battery that has failed Manufacturer Quality Assurance tests. Hence the reason they are factory 2nds. Batteries that pass will have the Sony, Samsung, LG label.

Beware of fakes. Find a trusted vendor or supplier and stick. They aren't there to make a quick buck, they are there for the long term and their reputation is their livelihood.
+1 for this :)

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I find a larger inner diameter is better for flavor and cloud. (more juice in coil) but for flavor, the more juice the coil can trap and heat, the better the flavor.
A simple coil best for clouds
A single core clapton is better than a simple coil for flavor.
A dual core clapton is better than single core.
Then you have alien coils, and fancier coil builds. Rule of thumb, the more spaces in a coil wire, the better the flavor. 5 strands of ribbon wire, mounted between 2 strands of regular wire and claptoned would trap more juice that the other coils I mentioned, hence would give more flavor.

5 strands of twisted (not to tightly twisted) ribbon wire is simple and also gives good flavor.
Since I discovered fused claptons & how simple they are too build it's only claptons I use.
Do you have any advice for a good ss build btw?? I am new too TC

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Battery marriage for batteries used solely in a regulated mod in which the batteries are hooked up in series configuration is highly overrated. Further, he is using a regulated mod so not sure why you gave him a theoretical (as well as very heavily oversimplified, but anyway...) example of how it could (not) work on a mech mod.

The 26F has such a gargantuan voltage sag, as a direct result the Drip Box 160 wouldn't actually even be technically materially capable to draw that many amps from two of these batteries. So you'd still be relatively safe, and, nope, they won't explode in your face that easily because thermal runaway doesn't normally occur except if you very, VERY heavily abuse the battery. At first, Mooch wrote it [the 26F] uses the type of battery chemistry that is considered too unsafe for vaping, but he later said he was wrong: http://www.tasteyourjuice.com/wordpress/archives/14250
It is still not recommended for vaping, even though you could vape it up to 15 watts per battery in a regulated mod, temporarily if you temporarily had no other choice and assuming 15 watts per battery would be enough to satisfy your vaping needs. (The OP has stated he needs 55 - 60 watts so 27.5 - 30 watts per battery, or double the watts the 26F is capable to provide without the mod immediately showing the "Weak Battery" message─per Mooch.)

A higher amp rating is not the same thing as harder hitting, just like a higher mAh rating is not the same thing as a longer runtime.

As for your remark of "We recommend only 3 brands of batteries. Samsung, Sony, LG." The 26F (and 26FU) is still also a genuine Samsung battery BTW... :giggle:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Battery marriage for batteries used solely in a regulated mod in which the batteries are hooked up in series configuration is highly overrated.
Not highly overrated according to Mooch. he says a bit overrated but not highly.

According to Mooch the batteries need to be about the same age with close to the same number of cycles and always the same model of battery.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Battery marriage for batteries used solely in a regulated mod in which the batteries are hooked up in series configuration is highly overrated. Further, he is using a regulated mod so not sure why you gave him a theoretical (as well as very heavily oversimplified, but anyway...) example of how it could (not) work on a mech mod.

The 26F has such a gargantuan voltage sag, as a direct result the Drip Box 160 wouldn't actually even be technically materially capable to draw that many amps from two of these batteries. So you'd still be relatively safe, and, nope, they won't explode in your face that easily because thermal runaway doesn't normally occur except if you very, VERY heavily abuse the battery. At first, Mooch wrote it [the 26F] uses the type of battery chemistry that is considered too unsafe for vaping, but he later said he was wrong: http://www.tasteyourjuice.com/wordpress/archives/14250
It is still not recommended for vaping, even though you could vape it up to 15 watts per battery in a regulated mod, temporarily if you temporarily had no other choice and assuming 15 watts per battery would be enough to satisfy your vaping needs. (The OP has stated he needs 55 - 60 watts so 27.5 - 30 watts per battery, or double the watts the 26F is capable to provide without the mod immediately showing the "Weak Battery" message─per Mooch.)

A higher amp rating is not the same thing as harder hitting, just like a higher mAh rating is not the same thing as a longer runtime.

As for your remark of "We recommend only 3 brands of batteries. Samsung, Sony, LG." The 26F (and 26FU) is still also a genuine Samsung battery BTW... :giggle:
Regardless.. we do not recommend ANY batteries other than those PROVEN safe that I mentioned. The 26f may be samsung, but not in the recommended 20A+ High Drain range. Why even suggest batteries that will not perform and may be unsafe? We know the safe and proven batteries. Using garbage reclaimed batteries is NOT safe and should never be suggested. I mean hey.. if YOU want to use them in your mods.. that is up to you. Your mod, your risk to take and your face. Don't recommend them to others. The idea is to do what we can to maximize vaping safely. Not make suggestions that could cause harm to others.

Now if you follow this advice is up to you. Nobody can force you to. Hopefully the OP will recognize good advice over half assed opinion.

mAh means milliamp Hour and is a unit that measures (electric) power over time. It is commonly used to measure the energy capacity of a battery. In general, the more mAh and the longer the battery capacity or battery life.

Last edited:

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@grandsouls this thread is just going on and on but no they don't have a life at all.
Even worse is the ones who review vape products and that's how they earn a wage.
There is more too life than vaping. It's not a way of life for fuck sake so I totally agree :D

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Batteries can still discharge uneven even if you marry them. So sometimes the marriage of batteries is just fucking pointless. Would you get fresh batteries for every mod you get?? Fuck that & lmao your right they are genuine Samsung batteries and are ideal for tootle puffs?! ;)

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not highly overrated according to Mooch. he says a bit overrated but not highly.

According to Mooch the batteries need to be about the same age with close to the same number of cycles and always the same model of battery.
He recommends battery marriage, but he admitted in a video interview on YouTube he doesn't actually marry his own batteries for vaping. No joke.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He recommends battery marriage, but he admitted in a video interview on YouTube he doesn't actually marry his own batteries for vaping. No joke.

Well screw that then, I'm telling my batteries tonight they can all get divorced. I bet that 25r is going to be banging the 30Q before the night is out.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well screw that then, I'm telling my batteries tonight they can all get divorced. I bet that 25r is going to be banging the 30Q before the night is out.
yeah but the guy is an expert and has MANY new batteries of the same type.
He also charges his batteries at 4 amps....

He did say same model of battery.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Regardless.. we do not recommend ANY batteries other than those PROVEN safe that I mentioned. The 26f may be samsung, but not in the recommended 20A+ High Drain range. Why even suggest batteries that will not perform and may be unsafe? We know the safe and proven batteries. Using garbage reclaimed batteries is NOT safe and should never be suggested. I mean hey.. if YOU want to use them in your mods.. that is up to you. Your mod, your risk to take and your face. Don't recommend them to others. The idea is to do what we can to maximize vaping safely. Not make suggestions that could cause harm to others.

Now if you follow this advice is up to you. Nobody can force you to. Hopefully the OP will recognize good advice over half assed opinion.

mAh means milliamp Hour and is a unit that measures (electric) power over time. It is commonly used to measure the energy capacity of a battery. In general, the more mAh and the longer the battery capacity or battery life.
Yes of course it's not in the 20A+ High Drain range... it's only a 5.2A battery so it's in the Low Drain range instead. But whether or not that's a problem will still depend on the wattage you vape. In answer to your question, why even suggest using them for vaping? I already answered that multiple times up thread... it's because if you vape below 30 watts or less, then you could still vape on them in a dual 18650 battery regulated mod whilst still being safe enough, and do so temporarily whilst waiting for your much more decent performing batteries to arrive. Plain simple. Why is it safe enough? It's because 30 watts or less in a dual 18650 battery regulated mod equals 15 watts or less per battery, and, Mooch wrote that that's still safe enough as well as doesn't cause the mod to immediately show the "Weak Battery" message.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Batteries can still discharge uneven even if you marry them. So sometimes the marriage of batteries is just fucking pointless. Would you get fresh batteries for every mod you get?? Fuck that & lmao your right they are genuine Samsung batteries and are ideal for tootle puffs?! ;)
Mooch did a very long test run to find out how useful/pointless married batteries are. He hasn't posted the results yet.
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...age-needed-or-not-testing-starts-soon.760633/

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Yes of course it's not in the 20A+ High Drain range... it's only a 5.2A battery so it's in the Low Drain range instead. But whether or not that's a problem will still depend on the wattage you vape. In answer to your question, why even suggest using them for vaping? I already answered that multiple times up thread... it's because if you vape below 30 watts or less, then you could still vape on them in a dual 18650 battery regulated mod whilst still being safe enough, and do so temporarily whilst waiting for your much more decent performing batteries to arrive. Plain simple. Why is it safe enough? It's because 30 watts or less in a dual 18650 battery regulated mod equals 15 watts or less per battery, and, Mooch wrote that that's still safe enough as well as doesn't cause the mod to immediately show the "Weak Battery" message.
Most people buy batteries when they buy the Mod. If you have to buy a battery, buy the proper ones. Even if those batteries don't blow up, they are still subject to over heating and venting. Also, my example in previous post was demonstrating ohms law and contained all necessary info. The relation to watts, amps and resistance to show how a fairly standard coil can pull many times the cdr of a battery. 3.5x CDR is higher than I will go even on a competition cloud build. The higher the amps pulled the faster the cell heats. Now perhaps the cell will not explode, but 100C is boiling point. Plenty hot enough to give a very nasty burn. Local vape shops sell proper vape batteries. No waiting. So no need to recommend the use of improper batteries. One of the main rules in this forum is to not recommend anything that could be harmful. Which is why you will never see me telling anyone what resistance to use on a mech. They should know that before using the mech in the first place. Now, if asked how to build a coil to a specific resistance, that I can help with or recommend against building to that resistance if it might be unsafe. It isn't easy telling someone that has been vaping for years to do more research when they switch to a Mech. But I would rather be called an asshole than have someone blow their face off by saying nothing. (yes, it has happened as many here have witnessed).
It boils down to this. It is better to tell someone to buy batteries at a local shop than tell them that it might be ok to use improper batteries.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
yeah but the guy is an expert and has MANY new batteries of the same type.
He also charges his batteries at 4 amps....

He did say same model of battery.
Not sure, but I vaguely recall him saying on YouTube he was charging his VTC5A batteries at 6 amps.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most people buy batteries when they buy the Mod. If you have to buy a battery, buy the proper ones. Even if those batteries don't blow up, they are still subject to over heating and venting. Also, my example in previous post was demonstrating ohms law and contained all necessary info. The relation to watts, amps and resistance to show how a fairly standard coil can pull many times the cdr of a battery. 3.5x CDR is higher than I will go even on a competition cloud build. The higher the amps pulled the faster the cell heats. Now perhaps the cell will not explode, but 100C is boiling point. Plenty hot enough to give a very nasty burn. Local vape shops sell proper vape batteries. No waiting. So no need to recommend the use of improper batteries. One of the main rules in this forum is to not recommend anything that could be harmful. Which is why you will never see me telling anyone what resistance to use on a mech. They should know that before using the mech in the first place. Now, if asked how to build a coil to a specific resistance, that I can help with or recommend against building to that resistance if it might be unsafe. It isn't easy telling someone that has been vaping for years to do more research when they switch to a Mech. But I would rather be called an asshole than have someone blow their face off by saying nothing. (yes, it has happened as many here have witnessed).
It boils down to this. It is better to tell someone to buy batteries at a local shop than tell them that it might be ok to use improper batteries.
Ohms law isn't that important with a regulated mod. This is not a mech thread.
Also all the vape shops round here use fucking efest batteries so you can't just say "go to a vape shop and buy some 30qs."

Anyway... I'm sick of people always posting about resistance when talking about regulated devices. Alot of people aren't stupid enough too build that low!
A regulated mod has safety features.

However the info you suggested was helpful cos I don't want the op to blow his face off by pushing 6 amps

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Also all the vape shops round here use fucking efest batteries so you can't just say "go to a vape shop and buy some 30qs."

Anyway... I'm sick of people always posting about resistance when talking about regulated devices. Alot of people aren't stupid enough too build that low!

However the info you suggested was helpful cos I don't want the op to blow his face off by pushing 6 amps
That's why i referenced ohms law. To demonstrate how amp draw affects the battery. Regulated mods use this in the primary controller, although we don't see it as it is done automatically.
Resistance does actually play a role in regulated mods. Mainly having to do with the mods upper limit. Example.. you want a 32ga stainless steel coil for an RBA mini. To get a decent vape you need say 18 wraps, however this brings your resistance to over 5 ohms. So your coil will not work as is. However, you can make a 9 wrap 2 strand parallel coil. Same number of "loops" but half the resistance. Again, i used a very low build to demonstrate how the CDR is affected when to much draw is applied to a cell. The higher you go above CDR the faster the cell heats. Stating this for those that are not aware. Pretty sure you already know this.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well yeah, but that's my point... if you bought a used mod and the seller fucked you over by including the wrong batteries... then your next logical step will be to buy new batteries─and in fact I would buy new ones REGARDLESS of whether the included ones are correct ones─and therefore you would need to find a local shop that has them in stock or else you'd have to order them online and wait for your package to be delivered to your doorstep. What that means is, if you can't travel to such a shop due to where you live and whatnot, then waiting for vape mail to arrive is your only option... in which case you could decide to, whilst waiting, vape on a pair of 26F batteries below 30 watts. Mooch found that these don't overheat if used below 15 watts per battery. To me, that means they don't overheat if used below 15 watts per battery. To you, it might mean something else. But to me, it means they don't overheat if used below 15 watts per battery regardless of what it means to you, and besides, I would pull out the batteries after every few puffs to verify they aren't getting too warm.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Yuppers. The rule for a regulated mod is that you take the highest wattage you'll vape (30 in the example I gave), and then divide that by the number of batteries (the DripBox 160 uses 2 batteries), and then divide that by the voltage cut-off of the mod (the DripBox 160 has a voltage cut-off of 3.2 volts), and then divide that by 0.9 to compensate for the minimal 90% efficiency of a regulated mod. So 30 watts divided by 2 batteries divided by 3.2 volts divided by 0.9 equals 5.2 amps, which perfectly matches the amp rating of the 26F battery. So 30 watts is the maximum safe wattage on a Kanger DripBox 160 equipped with two Samsung ICR18650-26F pink batteries. But for others who might stumble across this thread in the future I'll repeat that utmost care should be taken when removing a spot welded battery from a battery pack in order to not damage the battery... check for visible damage first, including both the shrink wrap and─at the top (positive) contact─the insulator ring that covers the 3mm gap between the positive and negative contacts of the battery, and, whatever you do don't short circuit the battery.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well yeah, but that's my point... if you bought a used mod and the seller fucked you over by including the wrong batteries... then your next logical step will be to buy new batteries─and in fact I would buy new ones REGARDLESS of whether the included ones are correct ones─and therefore you would need to find a local shop that has them in stock or else you'd have to order them online and wait for your package to be delivered to your doorstep. What that means is, if you can't travel to such a shop due to where you live and whatnot, then waiting for vape mail to arrive is your only option... in which case you could decide to, whilst waiting, vape on a pair of 26F batteries below 30 watts. Mooch found that these don't overheat if used below 15 watts per battery. To me, that means they don't overheat if used below 15 watts per battery. To you, it might mean something else. But to me, it means they don't overheat if used below 15 watts per battery regardless of what it means to you, and besides, I would pull out the batteries after every few puffs to verify they aren't getting too warm.
Hey we both agree it's just a stupid idea lmao. We will leave it at that.
This town sucks though only one shop sells decent batteries abs they are sold out all the time & that's only since my friend owned it. Before that they stocked efest. I despise shops that don't know about battery safety. I used to work at one expecting me to sell 'avatar' batteries!

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yuppers. The rule for a regulated mod is that you take the highest wattage you'll vape (30 in the example I gave), and then divide that by the number of batteries (the DripBox 160 uses 2 batteries), and then divide that by the voltage cut-off of the mod (the DripBox 160 has a voltage cut-off of 3.2 volts), and then divide that by 0.9 to compensate for the minimal 90% efficiency of a regulated mod. So 30 watts divided by 2 batteries divided by 3.2 volts divided by 0.9 equals 5.2 amps, which perfectly matches the amp rating of the 26F battery. So 30 watts is the maximum safe wattage on a Kanger DripBox 160 equipped with two Samsung ICR18650-26F pink batteries. But for others who might stumble across this thread in the future I'll repeat that utmost care should be taken when removing a spot welded battery from a battery pack in order to not damage the battery... check for visible damage first, including both the shrink wrap and─at the top (positive) contact─the insulator ring that covers the 3mm gap between the positive and negative contacts of the battery, and, whatever you do don't short circuit the battery.
Your the only person on this thread talking fucking sense! :D

VU Sponsors