Become a Patron!

Did I vape to much ?

Calcilculcelcol

Member For 4 Years
Guys glad to found you all here , anyway since iam quit real cig 6 month ago i am vaping like hell . i can vape 4 to 7 ml a day , is that bad ? i am little bit worried about get poisoning lol.
anyway please share how much ml a day do you guys vape.

mrsdeli

Member For 5 Years
I usually go through the same amount as you. My question for you is what mg are you vaping and out of what (clearo, carto, atty)? I carry my stuff around with me all day, sometimes I chain vape sometimes I don't. If you "have" to hit it constantly you may want to increase your nic level. You really have to nail down what you "aren't" getting in order to determine what to change. Is it really the nic you crave or the throat hit, maybe its just the "hand to mouth" . In my experience you will set it down long before you get poisoned. If I vape to much I get a headache, I don't usually push it much further than that. If I have a flavor that I LOVE I order it in a lower nic level so I can vape it up without any headaches. I love "" marks!

Calcilculcelcol

Member For 4 Years
Yayy i have budy here
I usually go through the same amount as you. My question for you is what mg are you vaping and out of what (clearo, carto, atty)? I carry my stuff around with me all day, sometimes I chain vape sometimes I don't. If you "have" to hit it constantly you may want to increase your nic level. You really have to nail down what you "aren't" getting in order to determine what to change. Is it really the nic you crave or the throat hit, maybe its just the "hand to mouth" . In my experience you will set it down long before you get poisoned. If I vape to much I get a headache, I don't usually push it much further than that. If I have a flavor that I LOVE I order it in a lower nic level so I can vape it up without any headaches. I love "" marks!
Yayy i have Buddy here hahaha... i am vape 12 first time now cut it down like 8 FYI i start DIY too tho ... its more cheaper thanks for sharing i am not feel guilty now hahaha

mrsdeli

Member For 5 Years
Yes diy is cheaper lol. I prefer to pay others to do it for me though :D Keep up the good work, don't put so much emphasis on cutting the nic level. You could end up screwing yourself that way. I started at 18 and when I couldn't sleep and started getting bad headaches I cut it back to 12. I can't do 12 all day either or I get bad insomnia so...I started dripping 6 and that is good. I am at my happy place. Your body will tell you when its time to drop. Keep up the good work!!! For what it's worth, there are folks that go through a 30 mil bottle in a couple of days easy. You are good.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I started at 18 and when I couldn't sleep and started getting bad headaches I cut it back to 12. I can't do 12 all day either or I get bad insomnia so...I started dripping 6 and that is good.

too much nic can cause sleeplessness??? i had this problem a week or so ago (still figuring out my nic level on a dripper) and i thought it was because i dropped my nic too fast. i went from 18mg in a mini protank/ego setup to 12mg in a dripper and i couldnt sleep, i would even take a puff or two in the middle of the night bc i would get restless and wake up.. ive been dripping 18mg on low wattages high ohm coils (similar to fully charged ego) for a few days now while i wait for 12 and 6mg to steep and i havent had that problem.. maybe you know something i dont lol

mrsdeli

Member For 5 Years
Yes, nicotine is a stimulant. I never had the problem when I smoked cigarettes but I think that is because of all the other crap in cigs may have masked it. I try to go low nic in the evening or I cannot sleep. I think 12 on a dripper would probably kill me lol.

Kemosabe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ive read that nicotine is unique is that it both stimulates and relaxes. to me i usually only feel the stimulation but at times i feel the relaxation of it as well. ive also read that nicotine only stays active in your system for up to 45mins. so if you cant sleep, just lay there and wait a few minutes. or take melatonin. i like melatonin for sleeplessness because its naturally occurring in our brains.

mrsdeli

Member For 5 Years
I use melatonin as well, the only problem with it is you build up a resistance to it after a week or so. I usually do one week on and two weeks off. I have noticed as I get older I can't do caffeine like I used to either, no coffee for me after two in the afternoon during the week.

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
4-7ml a day I would say is probably somewhere close to average if you're using rebuildable atomizer. With the higher wattage, these things get thirsty. Nic level you adjust as you seem fitting. If you are getting jittery, headaches, can't sleep etc maybe lower the nic a bit. I still to this day feel like I need to be able to vape and then depending on the situation might find myself chain vaping or can easily go a couple hours without a drag.

Don't worry about your juice consumption and your body will tell you about the nic. It's pretty obvious when you get "nic'ed out". Heck even if you have to mellow down to 3mg or 0mg towards the evening and add a dap of menthol / mint to give you that throat hit.

Calcilculcelcol

Member For 4 Years
4-7ml a day I would say is probably somewhere close to average if you're using rebuildable atomizer. With the higher wattage, these things get thirsty. Nic level you adjust as you seem fitting. If you are getting jittery, headaches, can't sleep etc maybe lower the nic a bit. I still to this day feel like I need to be able to vape and then depending on the situation might find myself chain vaping or can easily go a couple hours without a drag.

Don't worry about your juice consumption and your body will tell you about the nic. It's pretty obvious when you get "nic'ed out". Heck even if you have to mellow down to 3mg or 0mg towards the evening and add a dap of menthol / mint to give you that throat hit.
Thanks and good idea for put menthol i never smoke menthol but i might be try for cutting down my vape behave !!

Bahas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm an insomniac so the loss of sleep is nothing new. Though I don't think you are overdoing it unless you question yourself then you probably need to ask yourself if you can afford the amount you are vaping, if you are doing it safely, and watch out for the signs of overdosing on nicotine. Headaches, twitching, sweats, et al. But yes your body will adjust especially if you are just recently started vaping from being on the stinkies. I have found when I was first vaping after stopping the stinkies I vaped like a train which is fitting seeing as I was used to two packs a day usage. About a month of vaping like a fiend my body started to regulate it out seeing as I was losing the thousands+ chemicals that my body was used to. Happy Vaping All.

Kemosabe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use melatonin as well, the only problem with it is you build up a resistance to it after a week or so. I usually do one week on and two weeks off. I have noticed as I get older I can't do caffeine like I used to either, no coffee for me after two in the afternoon during the week.

i agree. i have been using melatonin for a few years and im already up to 5mg each night. sometimes 10mg+. but 90% of the time 5mg is enough.
as far as caffeine goes, im 32 and ive never been able to sleep with any amount of it in my system. i need about 12 hours off caffeine before i can sleep soundly. so when i do have caffeine, i gotta be done with it by noon or so on weekdays.

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
ive heard about stuff like that (caffeine in the juice), only a matter of time before all kind of different supplements are in juices.. protein anyone? lol
Yeah it seems like their main line is a "energy line" but they came out with that melatonin juice as well. Kinda weirds me out a little but seeing the melatonin and can't sleep chatter, I felt it was interesting to link it out.

Calcilculcelcol

Member For 4 Years
Yeah it seems like their main line is a "energy line" but they came out with that melatonin juice as well. Kinda weirds me out a little but seeing the melatonin and can't sleep chatter, I felt it was interesting to link it out.
The future Energy drink :D i should try it ..

jessecast

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you haven't got the nic headache or nic body tingle or throwing up you aren't gaping too much everyone has their own sweetspot they can vape at and amount they can

VaporVino

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I encourage my new customers to try to stay below 12mg nicotine as they can usually vape as much as they want at that level, though my standard is, if you don't feel well, stop. If you get a headache, you probably have vaped too much. I usually find customers not feeling well who vape 18mg and higher. I successfully stopped smoking by vaping as much as I wanted, which was pretty much constantly the first few months. Now, I am at zero nicotine, and vape every few hours.

I love to smoke / vape, and thus see no problems doing it whenever I want.

Good luck!

VT Andrew

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Show Host
Although I agree that vapers generally don't need more than 12-18, some SMOKERS definitely need more than that. We have some new vapers that start on 24mg and have to go up to 30mg to kill the cravings.

VaporVino

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I agree VT, but I try to keep them below 18 to see if it will work because of the high nicotine issues and headaches. I find the majority are more habitual liking the oral issues with smoking, than the nicotine, but not everyone. I have one customer who has vaped a long time and has never switched below 24mg high menthol tobacco flavor! I can't stand tobacco flavors now, but he loves it, so that's what works for him and I am glad to have his favorite flavor.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i just dropped my nic to 6mg today (from 12mg) and i like it alot better.. can pull deeper into lungs and turn up the watts without that harsh feeling and i think that offsets the nic drop

VT Andrew

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Show Host
I feel it necessary to point out that if you vaped 3mls a day of 18mg, and switched to 10mls a day of 6mg, you're getting MORE nicotine and spending WAY more money in juice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I vape more since I lowered my nic. I know what too much nic is like, so if I start to feel the effects, I drink more water and slow down the vaping. learn your body and let it lead the way. The same urges that fueled your smoking, work the same way with vaping.

VaporVino

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I feel it necessary to point out that if you vaped 3mls a day of 18mg, and switched to 10mls a day of 6mg, you're getting MORE nicotine and spending WAY more money in juice.

My focus is changing from tobacco to e-cig. For me, that meant vaping when I wanted to, and not being worried about getting a headache. 12mg and below was what allowed me to be a puffing piglet! I vaped around the clock, went through a LOT of juice, but never picked up a cigarette again! Watching my mother suffocate over a week from a COPD crisis made me want to stop smoking, but I was not successful with the blue device or patches. It wasn't until 3 years later when I had my own crisis, got pneumonia and could not take 2 steps that I was really motivated. I prayed and that week I found vaping.

I am like one of those religious converts. You know the over eager, zealous type who wants everyone else to find what I found?!

For me, it was the need to have that stupid thing in my mouth inhaling. It was not the nicotine issue. For my sister who is a judge and sits in chambers all day listening to lawyers and defendants whine incessantly and can't leave, it cannot be about the nicotine, yet she wanted to use 18 mg. She coughed her head off, was not happy and would go back to cigs. I finally moved her down to 6mg, she can vape all she wants and now it's just the mental issue of the cigarette feel for her. We each have our motives. Even going through 30 mls a week is cheaper than cigarettes.

I only charge $12.00 a bottle for 30 ml because I want my clients to vape a LOT and they do. I am watching a lot of people stop smoking and enjoy vaping!

VT Andrew

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Show Host
I also feel most smokers would
smoke 2-3 packs a day if they could afford it and/or it didn't make you feel like dogshit to chain smoke all day...

claviger

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Work days : 10ml
Weekends : 15-20ml

No, you are fine with 4-7 lol :p

claviger

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I usually stick with a flavor for a day during the work week, but on weeks I typically have 3 tanks running with 3 flavors.

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've never really thought about it but i go threw a 30ml bottle in a few days. so I'm about like 7-10ml a day lol.

robtest

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have been vaping for 2 years now. Started at 28-24mg in clearomizer tanks. I have always done about 3-4ml average weekdays, 4-7ml on the weekends. About every 3-4 months, I have tried to drop it down a level. About a month ago, I dropped from 6mg to 3mg... I was surprised at how much that step "stressed" me, but then again, I basically cut my nic in half. At first I was doing more ml, but have leveled back to my average now. My current setup is a vv/vw mod and iClear30 or kangertech aero tank.

VU Sponsors