Become a Patron!

Did you know doctors receive incentives to prescribe prescription drugs?

af0926

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Jai Haze is hurting the vaping community intentionally because his friends are doctors. SMOK is amazing!

Last edited:

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Headline sucked me in, although it isnt exactly news. They do want to kill us.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Where there's Smok there's fire

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Won't use a Smok product, really don't care to watch dude's video's, kinda like watching a one man circus.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"Wooooh Nelly." Says the dark rider as he approaches the saloon. Get a good rest Nelly. For there are no sevens in this here card game. He creeps to the bar, with a slink of deceit, perversion and a thirst. (A thirst so bad it reminds you of the desert sun. Beating the shit out of your skin. The wind ripping through your soul as you're about to take you last breath. That kind of thirst.) The man says bartender I'll have a double. Seagrams seven. The bartender looks in fear. He scours the shelves. Frantically searching. Sir, he says. We have no seven. "What?" says the masked rider. No seven? No sir, says the man. No seven. The rider turns. Thirst of death at his parched lips. He murmers, then screams. NO SEVENNNNNNNNN. WOW what a dream. Says the driver to his friend in the passenger seat. As his friend is clutching to life by a thread he says in fear. WAKE UPPP!! YOU'RE DRIVING ASSHOLE

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Jai Haze is hurting the vaping community intentionally because his friends are doctors. SMOK is amazing!

To the title:

"Did you know doctors receive incentives to prescribe prescription drugs?

Yes, They were caught receiving "kickbacks" so laws were created to prevent it.
But they are weasels so they are paid in other ways now.
They have found loopholes to the rule.

Such as attending a 30 minute seminar in which they get to stay all weekend in Hawaii at an expensive resort for writing prescriptions for a certain drug.
The drug companies also pay for seminars on new drugs they are pushing usually at a 5 star locations with all expenses paid.
The drug companies offer doctors everything from free branded pens and coffee mugs to branded prescription pads and wall clocks

As to the thread body:
"Jai Haze is hurting the vaping community"

He is an open the box ,try it, and talk about it style reviewer.

He admits that he spends little to no time with the devices to give an "out of the box" review.

This may be less helpful to people looking for information on all types of issues.

I can think of many issues that you CAN NOT cover if you do not spend at least a week to two with a device that you are reviewing.

Things if it's a mod:

battery life - will it last all day while out?

Whether or not the button gets pressed in your pocket easily

If it's comfortable in the hand over extended periods of time.

etc...

if it's a pod device or a tank with a coil =

how long does one last?

Does the tank/pod leak / get condensation buildup?

etc..

Does it hurt the vape community?
Doubtful.

Most people look at more than one review because some reviewers have bias towards certain products.
Some people enjoy watching him because of his personality some people do not.

The good thing about this is there are so many youtube reviewers that there is a better chance that you can find one who is into the same types of things you are and has a personality that you like.

Now, on to Smok:

SMOK has some of the worst QC (Quality control) out of all of the major China manufacturers

Many people do get good Smok products that work as intended for a very long period of time.

**BUT**

Multiple people have gotten straight junk from smok that they have to jump through hoops to get replaced or refunded.

Multiple people have gotten smok devices from vape shops to only have them break in less than a month, then the vape shop pushes the customer off on Smok.

People who shop at vape shops don't want to deal with a Chinese vendor online.
If they did they would have just bought the device online from China for less than half of what they paid for it at the vape shop.

Smok also makes "upgradeable firmware" mods but NEVER releases the actual firmware for certain devices.

These devices get "bricked" often where reflashing the firmware would easily fix them.
You have to contact smok to beg them for the firmware and most of the time you are beat.

There are dozens of threads on this forum about Smok issues.

I searched for "smok issues" using the forums search feature at the top of the page and these were all on the first page:

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/need-help-with-smok-stick-v8-and-coil-issues.480016/
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/stick-v8-baby-issues.463316/
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/smok-tfv8-rba-short.467436/
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/vapes-leaking-ultimately-break.474414/

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Found the jumping thread.

Drat and I had a reply figured out for the new title.

Well here goes.
In socialized medicine UK it is illegal for doctors to get ANY compensation from any pharma company or employee for recommending any medicine.
That rule gets in the way of big pharma profits in the USA.

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The thing that gets me is, his daughter just passed. He should be taking a break, eh?

Nah, he's pumping out the vids. Perhaps it's his way of coping, IDK, but it irks me somehow. :huh:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The thing that gets me is, his daughter just passed. He should be taking a break, eh?

Nah, he's pumping out the vids. Perhaps it's his way of coping, IDK, but it irks me somehow. :huh:
For some it's easier to stay away from the pain. Makes you feel better even though it's still there.

VU Sponsors