Become a Patron!

Difference between chips?

Is DNA Evolv Worth It?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ReyesRec89

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have been vaping for a little more than a year and have been using a Rx200 with the joyetech chip. I'm curious to get opinions on the difference in the vaping experience in terms of better performance relative to ramp up time and cloud production. Concerning the joyetech, Yihi and DNA chips. It seems everyone says DNA is the best hands down but when I go and ask the people behind the counters at vape shops they say there isn't much of a difference. How about it? DNA worth it?
IMG_0098.JPG

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got both the Reuleaux RX and DNA, DNA is far better. Better at TC, more accurate and you can really fine tune it and customize.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
DNA200 and 250 chips are great but get a mod like the Lost Vape or Think Vape that already come setup. A lot of DNA mods require the user to do the initial setup via escribe. If you vape low wattage the DNA 75 mods are fine but they are not as efficient as the 200 or 250 chips.

FSK chipped mods like the Hohmtech G2 and Slice require a learning curve, check my signature or if on Tapatalk check the stickied thread in the regulated mods section for a FSK new users guide. You do get the additional ability to tc any wire including kanthal and nichrome, this is dependent on the user defining the proper setting though.

Yihi makes great chips as well but I am not as experienced as the other 2 mentioned. From the 2 mods I have with Yihi chips I am happy but there higher end chips can be pretty pricey, soon I will get one but there is no denying there popularity.

For me all 3 chips mentioned are better than the RX200 chip and any other chip I have tried so far.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Agree with all of the above and add... guessing the shop probably doesn't sell DNA mod therefore it's not all that great lol

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There was and still is to a certain extent especially as you increase wattage the DNA is smoother more efficient more customizable I think it depends on what you are not doing. If you do not use TC at all then I would say no if you like to customize then yes whats interesting about this though it not just the chip but the build of a DNA device typically they are higher quality better connector hopefully better wiring that adds up to a better all around MOD that is important to some.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If you're a tinkerer and like to control every little aspect of your vape. If you're proficient with a pc. If you like many different form factors then get a DNA.

If you you like adjusting things on your mod or via an app? Right now the app is only available for iPhones. Then get the new Yihi board.

If you want to adjust everything on your mod. If you want to tc anything (including Kanthal)or fire anything then get an FSK board.

In the end we can all speculate which board is the best. The bottom line is the best board is the one that keeps you off cigarettes and works for your personal wants and needs. I say try everything and don't pigeonhole yourself to a specific board. New stuff is always coming out.

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all it's flavour.

-William Cowper

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you're a tinkerer and like to control every little aspect of your vape. If you're proficient with a pc. If you like many different form factors then get a DNA.

If you you like adjusting things on your mod or via an app? Right now the app is only available for iPhones. Then get the new Yihi board.

If you want to adjust everything on your mod. If you want to tc anything (including Kanthal)or fire anything then get an FSK board.

In the end we can all speculate which board is the best. The bottom line is the best board is the one that keeps you off cigarettes and works for your personal wants and needs. I say try everything and don't pigeonhole yourself to a specific board. New stuff is always coming out.

-William Cowper
That 550J Yihi Chips looks awful nice

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lol, I have a slight reputation as a 1st class enabler.

-William Cowper
Im not sold on the Boxer though I guess I kinda feel if IM going to get a Ferrari of a Chip I dont want a Nylon box I may have to build it myself if I can find time

Boxer_Cl_YiHi550_Black_grey_8-114x114.jpg

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Im not sold on the Boxer though I guess I kinda feel if IM going to get a Ferrari of a Chip I dont want a Nylon box I may have to build it myself if I can find time

Boxer_Cl_YiHi550_Black_grey_8-114x114.jpg
I know but they get real good reviews and she is sexy.

08ec7239e7b706f34ac2ec5a87919aff.jpg

-William Cowper

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This picture makes it appear metallic anodized but its freaking ugly plastic
Yeah, I'm sure it's a computerized mock up but it's already sold out on the first run.

-William Cowper

VapeNMirrors

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Whatever you go with, ultimately the quality of the 510 is every bit as important as the chip

VU Sponsors