1. UP FOR A NEW CHALLENGE? CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT

Difference between mint and menthol?

Discussion in 'Ejuice / Flavor Discussions' started by rj9923, Sep 13, 2015.

1. rj9923

rj9923 Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Sorry if this turns out to be a dumb question, but are mint and menthol the same thing? If not, what are the differences?

I've had mint and menthols from half a dozen different vendors, and they're all pretty much the same thing. I believe menthol is made from mint, so are menthol and mint just two names for one thing?

2. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Personally, I taste a difference. Mint vapes, depending on which mint, generally taste like the one it says it is. Menthols taste like a eucalyptus type flavor. I taste a difference between peppermint, spearmint, wintergreen, sweet mints, cinnamon red hots and menthol. Same kinda of... throat hit or cool hit, but definitely different.

rolltidevaper likes this.
  3. Alter

Alter Bronze Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I like the mint in my juices not the menthol. I add mint to my DIY tobacco juices and get a mint taste without the coldness of menthol. I would assume it becoming a challenge to get commercial mint juices that don't contain menthol.