Become a Patron!

Different Kangertech TC Coils?

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I went to the local BM & bought a couple of Kanger .15 ohm TC coils for my Toptank Mini. I thought they looked different. When I went to swap one out I noticed they're about 2/3 of the diameter of the one I had in. The one I had in had had two big holes and one small one in the side. The new one doesn't have a small hole and the big holes aren't quite as big as they were on the old one. The band is blue around the bottom. It fits anyway. Probably the tank would hold more juice too with the smaller size. It works pretty much the same as the old one except the resistance is a bit higher than on the old ones. The old ones were reading about .22 and this one is reading at about .26 ohm. Anybody else seen these? What's up with these? They say .15ohm 15W-50W on the side.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I went to the local BM & bought a couple of Kanger .15 ohm TC coils for my Toptank Mini. I thought they looked different. When I went to swap one out I noticed they're about 2/3 of the diameter of the one I had in. The one I had in had had two big holes and one small one in the side. The new one doesn't have a small hole and the big holes aren't quite as big as they were on the old one. The band is blue around the bottom. It fits anyway. Probably the tank would hold more juice too with the smaller size. It works pretty much the same as the old one except the resistance is a bit higher than on the old ones. The old ones were reading about .22 and this one is reading at about .26 ohm. Anybody else seen these? What's up with these? They say .15ohm 15W-50W on the side.

I have the same coils. Factory coils for the Toptank mini are okay, but building with the RBA is fantastic as far as flavor and performance go. Compared to the factory coils it is like night and day.

Once I get more wire and cotton I'll never go back to factory coils.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh and if you didn't already know the coils with the blue band are nickel and therefore are only compatible with TC mode.

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Oh and if you didn't already know the coils with the blue band are nickel and therefore are only compatible with TC mode.
Ya I knew that thanks. I just was a bit surprised to see they were totally different from what I was used to seeing. I didn't get an RBA with my Toptank. I got the Toptank with my Subvod Mega and it wasn't included in the kit. I bought a Toptank clone and this didn't come with it either because I didn't spring the extra for the kit. I like the clone just as much as the original. I might get a couple more of those clones and I'll spring the extra for the kit to give it a whirl. Do you think those would compare to the original RBA? I suppose it wouldn't matter much if it's a clone because the important components are installed by you.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ya I knew that thanks. I just was a bit surprised to see they were totally different from what I was used to seeing. I didn't get an RBA with my Toptank. I got the Toptank with my Subvod Mega. I bought a Toptank clone and this didn't come with it either because I didn't spring the extra for the kit. I like the clone just as much as the original. I might get a couple more of those clones and I'll spring the extra for the kit to give it a whirl. Do you think those would compare to the original RBA? I suppose it wouldn't matter much if it's a clone because the important components are installed by you.

I have never bought a clone nor used one so I really can't say anything about clones. But if you can find the cloned RBA for sale I would say give it a go, shouldn't be too much money lost if it doesn't work out.

I got my authentic Toptank mini with RBA included in the kit and I love the setup. It's a single coil setup and delivers great flavor.

Good luck with whatever route you choose!

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I would say spring for the authentic one but if you're going to put it in a Toptank clone you might want the cloned RBA because it may fit better. Or you can just buy both and try them both (which is what I would do).

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I have a clone tank and an authentic one. I'm going to buy two More clone tanks. I'll make one of those the kit with the clone RBA. That will definitely fit in all three clone tanks. I'll also get an authentic RBA for my authentic tank. Then I can really compare all clone to all authentic. Thanks for the suggestions.

VU Sponsors