Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Works fine here. Maybe wipe your cookie and retry

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
CaFF I'm running FF 34.0.5 and it's not doing it to me. I have noticed though if I have other sites open that require me to log in and I spend time there that every now and then it logs me out of here for some reason. I am not sure if VU has something that is timing me being away and logging me out or if its the other sites doing it.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hmm.

I'm using the lappy now that has Palemoon 25.1 and it does it as well.

I login to: http://www.vapingunderground.com/login

If I click the header graphic, I'm logged out. Why does it have a different URL?

IDK....I have different software firewalls and AVs on the laptop and the desktop,so that isn't it.
Doesn't seem to happen when I use Opera, so it's probably a FF cookie setting, I have cookies set to accept "from Visited", not from all.

I do see two different xf_session cookies, one for www and one without.

Yes, I have 'remember' me checked and I clear all cache and cookies everytime the browsers close.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Tic the "keep me logged in box" when you log in, FF does the same thing to me if I don't tic that option.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Tic the "keep me logged in box" when you log in, FF does the same thing to me if I don't tic that option.

Look up. I said that I do clear caches/cookies and always have used the checkbox, which is saved along with my password in the password manager.

It's not on my end, it's the cookie paths Admin has set and the URL's set for your headers that are colliding. Perhaps you guys use looser security so it doesn't affect ya. Hell, most of you likely use your phones more than a real computer.

NVM...

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It depends on how you have your browser set up and with add-ons in the way they handle cookies. So your not a computer noob, Ok I get that. The cookie path setup issue might be due to the way you accept cloudflare or ajax requests for cookie placement.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It depends on how you have your browser set up and with add-ons in the way they handle cookies. So your not a computer noob, Ok I get that. The cookie path setup issue might be due to the way you accept cloudflare or ajax requests for cookie placement.

Well, put it this way; try loading Ghostery and then load VU. It's a damn nightmare of SEO, Social Media and CDNs.

I block most of it. If that makes the site unusable, so be it...

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm running ghostery. noscript, and betterprivacy atm with no issues. PM me, perhaps I can list my settings, might help.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, I looked at the path for the cookie. It is with the www.

vu-cookie-path.png

So, that pretty much explains why hitting the header graphic that has the URL without the www would log out.

IMO, all that needs to be done to ensure this can't happen, is to change the URL on the header graphic to match the rest of the site. ;)

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I might've actually uninstalled that piece of redundant rubbish. Once upon a yonder year I'd keep it as a back up if a site didn't display properly in my browser. But those days have long gone

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I might've actually uninstalled that piece of redundant rubbish. Once upon a yonder year I'd keep it as a back up if a site didn't display properly in my browser. But those days have long gone

*stoled yer Vote linky* :D

Ya like the gfx I made?

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, I had to mess with it and wrestle with the av scaling, but not bad.

This:

R54VNC0.jpg

I figged I'd help out. :)

VU Sponsors