Become a Patron!

[Difficult] Creed RTA Geekvape

JosCiv

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi all,

As mentioned in the title, I consider this problem as difficult because I'm stuck with it for over 5 months now and I asked a lot of advice already so you're all my last resort :sad:.

I bought about 5 months ago the Creed RTA by Geekvape and after reading/seeing all the reviews I was really hyped... until I needed to build it. The first problems became visible as my coils were not fitted for this RTA so I bought some new ones and these are also the ones that you can see on the photos (not the same as 5 months ago, just the same type: alien coils 0.15). After that things became better and better. The Bacom Prime cotton that was included with the coils made sure the wicks were wet enough and I had a lot of air bubbles whilst vaping so no problems at all. The wicks lasted over 3 weeks and then I needed to change them. Here is where the issues started. I had Kendo cotton myself so I started using that but after a while I figured out it wasn't good enough because my wicks were dry all the time. So I went back and bought Bacon Prime cotton. The owner of the shop (who helped me build the first one) helped me this time again. Although the wicks were wet I didn't have as much air bubbles as before and therefore the flavour isn't always great. After looking up over 10 builds I decided to rewick them and against my expectations I managed to build it perfectly. The flavour was great, the air bubbles were present and the wicks were wet every time.

After about 2 weeks I needed to change them again and ever since I didn't manage to build it the same way again. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong because I copied my method from last time and this time the RTA does not produce as many air bubbles as usual which results in less flavour and dry wicks.

I tried cutting them longer, shorter; less cotton and more cotton; different airflow caps that come included; waiting a day before vaping, ...

If anybody has a great solution to this please help me out. To state it clear: How can I prevent vapour locking in my Creed RTA by Geekvape? The photos were taken today and the build is from last week.

Thanks in advance!

:tldr:Creed RTA has vapour locking and I've tried my possible solutions but so far no ultimate solution found.

Attachments

• 20190208_124539.jpg
    20190208_124539.jpg
    875.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 20190208_124606.jpg
    20190208_124606.jpg
    669.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 20190208_124626.jpg
    20190208_124626.jpg
    784.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 20190208_124631.jpg
    20190208_124631.jpg
    882.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 20190208_124539.jpg
    20190208_124539.jpg
    875.2 KB · Views: 14

JosCiv

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I do the combing all the time but this doesn't seem to prevent the vapour locking, in order to get the right flavour I need to open the tank and then the air bubbles are coming out.

JosCiv

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Do you mean in the middle of the two cotton tails? If so, I followed RIP trippers build on this one where he advises a tweezers space between both cotton tails. (
)

VU Sponsors