Become a Patron!

Digiflavor Edge 200W TC Kit with Spectre

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Edge 200W TC Kit with Spectre from Digiflavor. The Edge 200W TC Kit with Spectre was supplied for the purpose of this review by Carrie from Digiflavor and Geekvape.

http://digiflavor.com/project/edge-kit/

Introduction

The Edge is a 200W device which comes with an interesting menu system and supports wireless charging. The Edge has a colour screen and boasts full TC suite and curves feature. The biggest surprise to me is that Geekvape released the Edge under the Digiflavor name as usually their power devices are released as Geekvape products. In this kit the Edge comes paired with the rather nice looking Spectre tank that comes with mesh coils, so let's give the Edge Kit a good look to see if it has the edge!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Box

Contents:

5.5ml Standard Edition

1 x Edge MOD
1 x Spectre Tank(5.5ml)
1 x Regular Glass Tube(4ml)
1 x 0.2ohm Digimesh Coil
1 x Warranty Card
1 x User manual
1 x USB Cable
1 x Spare Parts Pack

2ml TPD Edition

1 x Edge MOD
1 x Spectre Tank(2ml)
1 x 0.2ohm Digimesh Coil
1 x Warranty Card
1 x User manual
1 x USB Cable
1 x Spare Parts Pack

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aesthetics and ergonomics

The Edge Kit came in the usual plain White cardboard packaging that Digiflavor samples are sent in. I received the black version which comes with matching Black Spectre tank. It's also available in Blue, Green, Stainless Steel and Gunmetal, all versions come with matching tanks. The Edge is slightly taller than the average dual 18650 device and has some nice depth to it so will accommodate large atty's. The corners are cut and all edges rounded off, both sides have diamond style raised heavy textured pattern one of these sides has a large fire button which fits into the textured design at the top where the corner is slanted so is pressed at an approximately 45 degree angle. Both back and front of the device has a mirrored protector which gives the device a really nice finish but a hell of a fingerprint magnet. The back is the battery panel and featureless the front houses the 1.54" coloured screen at the top, further down is a arrowhead shaped navigational rocker with an LED strip that follows the rockers shape to indicate charging, further down still we have the Type C USB port. The base of the device has the battery panel release mechanism button recessed and to give further protection from the mechanism activating by accident we have raised small circular feet, one in each corner. Up top we have a centre 510 plate with Gold plated, spring loaded 510. The device has good ergonomics especially as a thumb firer and textured sides gives it good grip, the device is very solid with a durable feeling.

Spectre Specs and Features:

Size: 24 x 42.4mm(2ml)/28 x 42.4(5.5ml)
Capacity: 5.5ml/2ml
Coil: Digimesh 0.2ohm Coil(30-90W, Best 60-80W)
Compatible with Geekvape IM and Super Coils plus Smok TFV8 Baby coils
Digimesh Coil bringing optimal flavor
Adjustable bottom airflow system
Easy top refilling design without leakage
Huge 5.5ml capacity with a bubble tube
Diamond cutting texture for superb ergonomics in style
Thread: 510
Colour: Blue, Green, Stainless Steel, Gunmetal, Black

Spectre Overview

The Spectre is a good looking (in my opinion) sub-ohm tank with diamond design heavy texturing top and bottom. It has a quarter turn bayonet style top-fill system and once the top is off a metal plate is revealed with 2 generous juice port cut-outs and silicone seal in the underside of the top-cap. The coil screws straight into the base and the glass tube secures top and bottom with silicone. When the tank is screwed together the top of the coil screws onto the air pipe keeping the tank tight together. The drip tip is an 810 so you can fit your own if you wish and the tank separates into it's various parts very easily. The standard edition comes pre-installed with a 5.5ml bulge glass while the TPD has a 2ml glass the spare glass is 4ml. You get 2 identical coils included which are 0.2ohm mesh coils made of Kanthal which have a best of rating between 60W and 80W.

Edge Specs and Features:

Size: 90 x 67 x 29mm
Cell type: dual 18650 cells(not included)
Power range: 5-200W
Resistance range: 0.05-3.0ohm
Temperature range: 300-600℉/100-315℃
Charging: USB Port/Wireless Charging (charging dock sold separately)
Wireless Charging: 9V/1.1A
First Device with wireless charging technology
Ergonomic design with diamond cutting texture
Advanced AS chipset powers up to 200W
1.54 inch full-colour display
Thread: 510
Colour: Blue, Green, Stainless Steel, Gunmetal, Black

Digiflavor Wireless Fast Charger

Digiflavor Wireless Fast Charger is designed for Edge kit and mod,but it has wide compatibility which is compatible with Epsilon mod, iphone 8/8 plus, iphone X, SamsungS6 etc.It also can detect impurity and supports the Qi V1.2.4 communications protocol. The wireless charger is a separate purchase so isn't included in the kit.

Parameters:

Size: 100* 99* 65mm
Voltage range: 5V/2A - 9V/1.67A - 12V/1.5A
Output: 15W
Output current: 9V/1.1A
USB/Type-C

Features:

Wireless charging
Qi V1.2.4 communications protocol
Fast charge compatible with Edge mod
Wide compatible
Overvoltage protection
Loaded undervoltage protection
Overcurrent protection
Short circuit protection
Impurity detection

Contents:

1* Digiflavor Fast Charger
1* USB cable
1* User manual

https://www.geekvape.com/store/parts-acc...l?___SID=U

Review Continued Below:

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Review Continued:

My Experience With The Charger

First thing to mention is you get a long USB cable with USB Type C connector to plug into the charger but you don't receive a USB power adaptor. I'm not sure about the most modern PC or laptop USB connections but certainly the USB ports on my PC were not powerful enough to work with the docking port. A USB power adaptor can be picked up cheaply though and i just had a look in one of my junk draws and picked out a plug i used to charge the cheap ego batteries a while back and that worked absolutely fine. I had no issues with connection between the dock and the Edge, it worked great. It isn't as quick as using an external charger but for just sitting on the computer desk using to keep your batteries topped up between vaping it was ideal. In my opinion the dock is going to appeal more to those who already have another device or devices like an iphone that can also be used with it if not most people will be happy using the Edge without the charger.

Fitting The Batteries

The Edge runs off dual 18650 batteries and the back battery panel uses a button press release mechanism. The button is recessed into the base of the device and pressing it see's the bottom of the panel spring up so then it can be fully removed with your fingers. If the device is put in a pocket with other objects or it hits a surface with some force then it's more than possible the mechanism will release the door but under normal use it's very secure with no rattle or movement.

The Display

The large colour screen is very bright and sharp with all information easily readable, the brightness can be adjusted and the screen is so bright i found it suited me at about 60%. Despite being a colour screen there is no customisation possible, there is a geometric design in the background and the colour theme is a mixture of Blue, Grey, Black and White. In each top corner we have battery status bars then most of the screen is taken up with a Polygon shape with a wealth of information inside. Centre top is the memory bank you are in, underneath the memory is your mode followed in the centre by the wattage (temperature when in temp control). Below the wattage or temperature we have the resistance to the left, volts to the right and in the centre the amps which changes to watts when in temp control. Outside the Polygon we have puffs bottom left and seconds vaped bottom right, finally when vaping the parameter of the Polygon lights up Green.

Navigating The Edge

The edge is the usual 5 clicks to turn on and 5 clicks to turn off and the device powers up or down extremely quickly. The menu is all on one level so no going to various screens things just alter on the main screen as you highlight and choose options. The device works by having 4 memory banks which can be altered and then are set unless you wish to change the information. As usual you need to click the fire button 3 times which highlights the memory which you can change between M1, M2, M3 or M4, clicking the fire button now highlights the mode which again you can alter between Power, Bypass, VPC (custom curve), TCR, TC-TI, TC-SS and TC-Ni. When Power is highlighted next to it is your preheat which can be highlighted by pressing fire, again this can be altered between Standard, Soft or Powerful, pressing fire again highlights the resistance which you can lock. When choosing VPC it then allows you to set the curve, TCR allows you to enter value and Bypass takes the voltage straight from the batteries. When choosing a temp control wire again you can lock the resistance but now the amps on the display is wattage and pressing fire again highlights this so you can set wattage for temp control. Pressing the up and down sections of the rocker at the same time locks the rocker but the device will still fire, but if while the rocker is locked you press the fire button 3 times it locks the device completely, to unlock press the fire button 3 times again. Finally pressing the up or down together with fire alters the brightness of the screen up or down.

My Experience Using The Edge With Spectre

First thing as ever to point out is the fact i don't vape in temp control and i don't have access to data so simply review devices as a personal experience. This is a top device in my opinion all wattage's i vaped at seemed bang on and the device fires impressively quickly, the fire button needs a firm press (which i like) and is very clicky. If you are a finger firer then it will get a bit of use to having the fire button at an angle but if you are a thumb firer then it feels more natural than face on, again the way the device uses memory slots for the menu will seem strange at first but i actually love the way the menu works. The preheats and curves work really well but already mentioned for temp control you would need to find out more information. The Spectre again i can't fault personally although if you like loads of air it will disappoint as it gives quite a restricted lung hit. The airflow is very smooth and the flavour is up there with the best mesh coil tanks, as a bonus it's very aesthetically pleasing, i found the supplied coils best bang in the middle of their best at rating 70w. The USB connection is Type C and if not using the wireless technology supports 2A charging, the device is fully firmware upgradeable. Battery life seemed fine but to be honest i was constantly messing with the dock topping the batteries up so can't be certain. The edge will accommodate large atty's 28mm fit with ease and even my 31mm Steam Crave Glaz only had the slightest of overhang but there is a slight gap due to the 510 plate being slightly raised which is more noticeable the bigger the atty you use.

Excellent build quality
Ergonomic and natural thumb firer
Colour screen
Curves
Temp control (not tested)
performed well
Fires instantly
Memory slot style menu system
Wireless Charging capabilities
Separate wireless Dock available
Bright, sharp display
Will accommodate large atty's
Centre 510
Spectre aesthetically pleasing
Quarter turn bayonet top-fill
Very good flavour
Standard edition 5.5ml capacity
Good tank spares
USB Type C
Firmware upgradeable

Cons

Menu system and finger firing position will be strange at first
Slight gapping
Fingerprint magnet

I would once again like to thank Carrie from Geekvape / Digiflavor for supplying the Edge 200W TC Kit with Spectre for the purpose of this review.

http://digiflavor.com/project/edge-kit/

https://www.geekvape.com/store/parts-acc...l?___SID=U

VU Sponsors