digital readers "ohm measuring"

cloudyjosh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
hello everyone I currently have a dreadnaut on order and am aware it will not fit on a standard ohms reader as it is a hybrid. So you have to get a multi meter I don't know how to use these hoping somebody does there's different settings like 200k,20,20k and so on...please help me :) many thanks

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
hello everyone I currently have a dreadnaut on order and am aware it will not fit on a standard ohms reader as it is a hybrid. So you have to get a multi meter I don't know how to use these hoping somebody does there's different settings like 200k,20,20k and so on...please help me :) many thanks
Use the lowest setting, hope this helps you.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Set it on the lowest ohm setting, probably 200. Check the resistance if any in your leads by touching them together and noting the reading. Touch the leads to your posts and subtract the resistance of your leads from that number to get your coil resistance figure. Or one lead to the threads the other to the positive connector.

Last edited:

dingo1799

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Or get a deck of an atty you don't use/don't like, run a pair of wires off it o_O

Anus Braun

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Speaking of meter...my free-to-me John Fluke had a display problem, almost as bad as when it was given to me, 'bout four years back...removed the display, cleaned the conductive foam connections, their mate on the board, full display once again...whew ! really can't afford to shell out, fer a new meter..I'd haveta take the pawn shop gambit. In any case, each coil is .3 ohms, dammit...I got 'em made to less...'course right now, they're wet...mini-DSC_000002.JPG

VU Sponsors