Become a Patron!

Dilute VG based nic in PG?

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, well, i just bought VG based 100mg nic from Hiliq. I have a few concerns. No where on this bottle is any indication that there is nicotine in it except 10% with a little red circle sticker next to it. That's kind of something that makes me worried. But i put it in the freezer and i would take out my 30ml bottle later for storing in the fridge. Well, i took it out and opened it about an hour later and I'm not sure if its just the temp of it or the VG base in it, but its almost as thick as syrup. Is there anyway i can dilute a vg based nic with pg? Otherwise this thing is going to cake my coil in no time, not to mention the smok TF-V8 and TF-V4 attys that my niece and husband are running

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sure, you can dilute it with PG. The VG does get thick when froze, but it will loosen up as it gets back up to temp. Just remember your to relabel your new ratio of base.

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sure, you can dilute it with PG. The VG does get thick when froze, but it will loosen up as it gets back up to temp. Just remember your to relabel your new ratio of base.
Ok. Yeah, it was only out for about 15-20 mins before I got it opened to put some in a smaller bottle and was still kinda cold then. But my math is escaping me right now. How will i put that in my diy app for my recipes to be accurate? I use e-juice lab

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok. Yeah, it was only out for about 15-20 mins before I got it opened to put some in a smaller bottle and was still kinda cold then. But my math is escaping me right now. How will i put that in my diy app for my recipes to be accurate? I use e-juice lab

There should be a 50/50 nic base option. If you cut it with PG ,say 50% then it will now be a 50/50 @ 50mg base.
The other issue is how well distributed was the nic in the VG as it was being frozen, so what you got out will be the proper strength.

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There should be a 50/50 nic base option. If you cut it with PG ,say 50% then it will now be a 50/50 @ 50mg base.
The other issue is how well distributed was the nic in the VG as it was being frozen, so what you got out will be the proper strength.
So you mean how well was it mixed before I put it in the freezer?

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh ok. I'll have to shake vigorously then before putting it in the smaller bottle too

Yes. I broke down my 1L jugs down to 4 X 240ml bottles before freezing, shaking the crap out of it between each bottle fill. I thaw the 240ml bottle completely, and shake that before filling the current 30ml mixing batch bottles, and refreeze the balance.

VU Sponsors