Become a Patron!
DirectVape.com is unreliable. On the bottom of their page it says "fast Shipping". I ordered a Alien Baby 85w kit in metallic blue. I made this order 6 Days ago (last Thursday, it is now Wednesday). Yesterday I emailed them and they said that it was delayed because of the holiday weekend which I completely understand but this evening at 5:30pm they email me saying that they cannot fulfill the order because they are out of the Blue. They told me I had to either choose silver or red/black. I am pissed that I have been waiting 6 flipping days just to find out I can't get the color I wanted. How do they expect me to be a returning customer knowing that whatever I order I have to pay right away but then wait n see if they even have it in stock? I will forever be an ecig-City.com fan. They have the best price and they at least tell me right on the items page that they are out of stock, that was the whole reason I went to DirectVape.com because it said that they had it and it was a little cheaper comparing them to the other sites that had it! Now I am still waiting on a color I don't like when I could have went elsewhere and paid a few extra dollars and I would probably already have the one I wanted by now! sorry for the long review but I wanted to let others know so they don't have to go through what I did lol.

I was poking around to see if anyone else had a problem with turnaround times for DirectVape.net. I have ordered Baby Beast coils from them, and they always shipped right away. Last order I placed, I ordered coils and two lithium ion batteries. They shipped right away, but the batteries were duds. I contacted customer service and got a reply right away saying they would ship another pair. This was on Wednesday, August 30th. Come Tuesday, September 5th, I still haven't heard anything about the replacements and they didn't show up on the mail, so I nudged them by asking for a tracking number. They replied right away saying they were super backed up and my replacements would be shipping shortly. Well, I got a USPS notification that night saying that they were shipped and then they proceeded to languish in a Florida post office until September 8th, at which point I signed up for email notifications. FYI, if a package gets stuck somewhere for a few days or so, signing up for email notifications will usually shake it loose from the cosmos. Apparently it hit Jacksonville on the night of the 8th a2nd is currently making its way to upstate NY.

Problem is, my old batteries were going bad and I expected my replacement to be handled with the same level of efficiency as all my other orders had been. If they were super backed up, they should have been forthright with me to begin with and I would have happily taken a refund in lieu of a replacement. I've already bought new batteries at a local store because DirectVape.net dragged their feet in processing my replacement, and then dropped it off at a post office in Florida right before a hurricane is supposed to make landfall (which probably explains the initial delay during which the package just sat there for three days).

If you can't provide satisfactory customer service in a timely manner, just offer a refund. I'm not even sure they were backlogged or whatever. I have a feeling that the customer service representative I dealt with isn't the same person who physically packs the merchandise, and the signals got garbled somewhere.

I'll probably give them another chance because the Baby Beast coils are cheap, but now I'm belatedly awaiting batteries that I don't really need anymore because they took so long to deal with it. At least the customer service team replies promptly, but they seem to have issues with the right hand not talking to the left hand.

Last edited:
Update: I still haven't gotten the replacement batteries because they are still sitting Florida. Granted, the circumstances are out of anyone's control but this could have been avoided if Direct Vape.net hadn't waited six days to ship out a replacement item when their website claims that their turnaround time is 42 hours.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Attention customers: The hurricane has passed and we anticipate reopening and returning to normal operations on September 13th-14th, please expect delays with the delivery of your order. We greatly appreciate your support at this time for those willing to wait for their orders. If you have a pending order and prefer to cancel please contact us immediately via our contact form.

Boca Raton was under mandatory evacuation orders as of September 8th.

Attention customers: The hurricane has passed and we anticipate reopening and returning to normal operations on September 13th-14th, please expect delays with the delivery of your order. We greatly appreciate your support at this time for those willing to wait for their orders. If you have a pending order and prefer to cancel please contact us immediately via our contact form.

Boca Raton was under mandatory evacuation orders as of September 8th.

The initial conversation about the bad batteries and the replacements took place on August 30th (Wedmesday) and they were mailed the following Tuesday (September 5th), by which time I suspect many Floridians had already evacuated. I had expected the replacements would be mailed out sometime before Labor Day Weekend, Saturday at latest.

It's not anyone's fault that a hurricane made landfall, and I'm glad that they will be resuming operations shortly. I just wish they had told me it would be a while when I first reached out about the defective merchandise. Given that my old batteries were almost unusable, I would have just asked for a refund and bought new ones locally at a store.

VU Sponsors