Become a Patron!

Discuss. Best tank for long, juicy hits?

Hi there guys, first post! *please pardon the typo in the title*

I want to know what are your go-to tanks for long hits. I'm using a smok stick v8 rainbow kit right now and I'm finding that the 0.25 ohm m2 coil is struggling with long hits. Burns after a couple of seconds which is a real downer because I like to really chug on it.

Wanna give me some recommendations? :)

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Hi there guys, first post! *please pardon the typo in the title*

I want to know what are your go-to tanks for long hits. I'm using a smok stick v8 rainbow kit right now and I'm finding that the 0.25 ohm m2 coil is struggling with long hits. Burns after a couple of seconds which is a real downer because I like to really chug on it.

Wanna give me some recommendations? :)

I fixed the title typo for you ;)

I wish I could be helpful with your question but I only use rebuildable tank atomizers (RTA's) or rebuildable atomizers (RDA's)

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Have you tried using a lower ohm coil?
Possibly something closer to 0.15 ohms?

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Maybe look into temperature control vaping. Typically with stainless steel coils. The idea is the coil stops heating up before it burns the cotton.

I'm not up to date on which tanks are best for this, but I'm sure others here will know which tanks and mods to suggest. Off hand, DeucesJack and Anthony Vapes know their TC and post here often.

Budget is also a factor. Some spend $150 or more on DNA mods and a few others to get the most customizable TC vape. But there are decent options for a lot less.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd suggest updating to a dual battery mod, I found that the Smok V8 struggled with long hits too.
I mostly use a T-Priv which comes with a big baby beast but I take 6-8 second hits.
Maybe a variable voltage tank with a decent sub ohm tank.
There are lots of sub ohm tanks out there if you don't wanna use rebuildables.
The big baby comes with an RBA too so if you do wanna build the options there.
The Crown 3 is a good tank too, my girlfriend owns one & I steal it off her every now an again haha :)

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Definitely invest in a mod you can control volts / watts. I prefer dual battery mods. Maybe take a look at Smoant Battlestar. Budget friendly and easy to navigate. You might not need another tank.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Definitely invest in a mod you can control volts / watts. I prefer dual battery mods. Maybe take a look at Smoant Battlestar. Budget friendly and easy to navigate. You might not need another tank.
I do totally agree with what your saying, the baby beast is a good tank. Just needs a variable wattage mod & thumbs up for the Battlestar btw :)

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like my v8 stick. It gives me long draws with really good taste. Its not a dense cloud machine but thats not what I'm going for. I have had a couple of defective coils along the way tho. They taste burnt after very little use. However a proper m2 coil will last me weeks.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Actually I don't like BB, BBB ok with rba. Lot of people do like it. Aaronh may like if he could control his vape.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually I don't like BB, BBB ok with rba. Lot of people do like it. Aaronh may like if he could control his vape.
The best tank by smok in my eyes is the spiral tank & I like that at 25 watts but everyone seems to wanna vape higher an is not so concerned with flavour.
I like subtank mini with RBA & ego one tank with CLR coils.
I find lower wattage more satisfying but that's just me!!

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like my v8 stick. It gives me long draws with really good taste. Its not a dense cloud machine but thats not what I'm going for. I have had a couple of defective coils along the way tho. They taste burnt after very little use. However a proper m2 coil will last me weeks.
That's problem with factory coils, you've gotta be prepared to get defective coils!

VU Sponsors