Become a Patron!

Display screen battery question

Ephraim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I just bought the Paranormal DNC 250c. The display screen says Im using 80 watts in boost mode and using 15.3 amps of battery and 6.3 volts. Heres my question. If I use 30 amp batteries with 2000mah since the device is only using half the amps will I get as much battery life as I wud with a 20 amp battery with a 3000mah?

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope or everyone would be buying 30A batteries. DNA 250c only does 200w with 2 batteries so I think 30A batteries is overkill

Ephraim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Nope or everyone would be buying 30A batteries. DNA 250c only does 200w with 2 batteries so I think 30A batteries is overkill
But it wont hurt the device? I was also told not to let ur batteries drain less then 30%. Is that true?

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But it wont hurt the device? I was also told not to let ur batteries drain less then 30%. Is that true?
The cutoff with most devices is 3.3v but batteries specs the cut off voltage is 2.5v in the case of LG HG2. Nope having high amp batteries isn't going to harm a device

Ephraim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
The cutoff with most devices is 3.3v but batteries specs the cut off voltage is 2.5v in the case of LG HG2. Nope having high amp batteries isn't going to harm a device
So dont drain the battery all the way? All the screen tells me is the percentage of the battery. Nothing about volts. So at what percent shud I charge?

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So dont drain the battery all the way? All the screen tells me is the percentage of the battery. Nothing about volts. So at what percent shud I charge?
The mod will cut you off. DNA 250c has cutoff of 6v so that is 3v each battery and still within safety margin

Ephraim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
The mod will cut you off. DNA 250c has cutoff of 6v so that is 3v each battery and still within safety margin
Do u think theyll be a big difference in battery life between the 30 amp 2000mah and the 20 amp 3000mah or will it only be slight?

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Two different parameters here.

The first, 2000/3000 mah. This figure is the battery capacity. It's how much energy the battery can store and allow you to use before being recharged. Obviously the one with the higher mah rating will give you more battery life.

The second, 20/30 amp. This figure is the current you can safely draw from the battery continuously. This figure is the one you need to worry about to make sure you don't exceed it since excess current draw heats the battery quickly.

If I draw 15 amps (1500 ma) from a 2000 mah battery, the battery theoretically will last for 1.33 hours.
If I draw 15 amps from a 3000 mah battery, the battery should last for 2 hours.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Even when you discharge your batteries until the MOD won't fire due to Low Battery you will not in most cases damage a battery. I personally have done it so many times over the last 4 years and never had a problem with Built In Batteries or replaceable. Just my opinion based on 1st hand usage.

VU Sponsors