Become a Patron!

Disposable E Cigs?

mr.piglet

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are they worth it to buy? Should one start with them? Or go straight to mods and all of that.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol, what kind of thread is this?

I dont think you should use straight mods, i think they all need to be gay. Rainbows, Pinks and purples!!! DO IT

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I started with a Blu, and although some of the flavor cartridges were tasty, there wasn't enough nicotine in them to keep me satisfied and off the cigs. I purchased an eGo battery and some ce4's and a higher milligram nic juice, which finally made me quit the analogs, then moved on quickly to box mods and tanks. Some may do well just jumping in with the latter, but personally I'm glad I took those "baby steps" and started out with simple gear that didn't require a ton of knowledge or maintenance. I learned as I went and studied the "bigger and better" before I bought it. That worked out better for me, someone else may be different.

mr.piglet

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I started with a Blu, and although some of the flavor cartridges were tasty, there wasn't enough nicotine in them to keep me satisfied and off the cigs. I purchased an eGo battery and some ce4's and a higher milligram nic juice, which finally made me quit the analogs, then moved on quickly to box mods and tanks. Some may do well just jumping in with the latter, but personally I'm glad I took those "baby steps" and started out with simple gear that didn't require a ton of knowledge or maintenance. I learned as I went and studied the "bigger and better" before I bought it. That worked out better for me, someone else may be different.
I originally started with a Blu way back when, moved off of the cigalikes and never touched them since. You're right, they're good to start with but won't satisfy you for too long.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I started off with a pen style then went to a couple mechs and from there the VV's, found my wattage range that I liked and became a collector of sorts.

thewanderernick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
went through three phases before finding a fit. Years ago maybe 5 I had the pen type. Didnt do it for me. Then a half mechanical clone tube. was ok but it still didn't give me that deep lung feeling i was used to. Now i am done with analog forever, and i find a nice box mod does it for me. I like an unregulated box that I can control everything with the build i choose, but alot of people are on the temp control ones. If its something you think you will be doing for a while save your money and go straight for a box.

BigJRyan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Started with the blu ones and they just werent worth it. Was just trying to find something to get me off cigs and the blus didnt work for long enough. First e-cig that worked for me was a ego-t battery with an aspire tank(cheaper one). Currently using the 30w istick with the subtank mini and i love the combo, due to the fact that i can hit it at a variety of wattages while also having nice battery life. Wish i had started out with them originally tbh.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I quit smoking using White Cloud disposables. It was a perfect transition for me. I was way too jittery to deal with anything complicated, like charging a battery. lol They have some pretty good flavors and variety, and they go up to 54 mg nic (that's really, really a lot of nic).

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Started with the blu ones and they just werent worth it. Was just trying to find something to get me off cigs and the blus didnt work for long enough. First e-cig that worked for me was a ego-t battery with an aspire tank(cheaper one). Currently using the 30w istick with the subtank mini and i love the combo, due to the fact that i can hit it at a variety of wattages while also having nice battery life. Wish i had started out with them originally tbh.
same. to the letter.

Boogie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I quit smoking using White Cloud disposables. It was a perfect transition for me. I was way too jittery to deal with anything complicated, like charging a battery. lol They have some pretty good flavors and variety, and they go up to 54 mg nic (that's really, really a lot of nic).

54mg? FML that is nuts. Im guessing the only reason you could use that and not have your head explode is because cigalikes are so weak that the nic delivery is very very very attenuated compared to modern gear (actually I know that to be true already, but still WOW on the 54mg)

cjk081293

Member For 4 Years
I originally managed to quit using a cigalike that ran cartridges with 18mg nic.

Then I went onto a cheap ego starter kit with a ce4 but I got frustrated after I realized I'd have to get a replacement ce4 and the juice although now it doesn't seem as bad though id have a hard time going back to that now but that ego battery broke off at the threading adapter. I got a replacement battery and tank in the same sort of packaging which I saw had the unscrewable bottom so I thought I could just replace the coils and keep that setup.

Found out I couldn't even get replacements for that head so i got an aspire ce5-s which took the bvc coils and used it on the cheap ego which worked for awhile but I realized the battery was weak and went down to the local vape shop and tried a vision spinner which was a radical improvement for that tank. I found a spinner on sale at another store for 20 so I grabbed one figuring I'd be set...

Started doing some research and looking into at some more sites and researching other gear and decided I wanted to move onto a higher wattage box mod so I could run whatever I wanted on it after trying my brother-in-laws sub-ohm setup. In the process I ended up having the first spinner I had break at the same connection while working right before break and I was tempted to go buy a pack to get through the day but my s.o. convinced me to just wait until after I got off to get a new spinner since they still had them (gotta love her, still have it as a backup if need be).

After about a month I was finally able to upgrade to a mvp 3 pro with an eleaf gs air ms. The eleaf tank is still what I mainly use for lack of fuss at this point. But in the last week I've already got a dark horse, a mutation v3, and I've been learning to build as well as now having a subtank mini en route to me. Though I want a backup mod now in case anything happens to the MVP. :facepalm: sorry for ranting lol.

Tl;Dr I managed to quit using cigalikes but left something to be desired, got cheap setups and managed to stay off cigs but continued frustration, got some cheap upgrades to tie me over until I could afford something I wanted, but wished I could've just saved the money and got what I have now in the beginning and saved a lot of time and frustration and some money. But to be honest it was still probably cheaper then smoking would've been.

cage

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I bought a Blue several years ago and it failed to do anything for me. Tasted terrible, no hit unless I blocked the airholes, and certainly not enough nic delivery to get me to quite the real things. After finding it in a box a few months ago while cleaning my office closet (day or so before I bought my first VW rig), I charged it up, put on a fresh cartridge and remembered why it so full of fail for me. Now it just sits on my desk, collecting dust, with me not wanting to throw it away because of what I spent on it.

The best disposable that I have found was the Enjoy King from the gas station. Said that it would last longer than two packs of smokes (nope!). But it had better flavor and a decent throat hit if I closed my hand around the air holes. I only tried them due to a flight to Florida and wanting to have something that I could get away with. But at $7+ each and lasting less than a day each, smoking the real deal was cheaper.

If you want to quit smoking and are looking at vaping, buy some real gear right off the bat. Buy once, cry once. Hope this helps!

NYNURSE

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Disposables have there place in life. I think of them as emergency back ups, such as prolonged power failures or areas where risk of theft or loss is high. In the long term, a moderately priced mod will be much cheaper and give greater satisfaction.

Thomas L

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No way! It is not worth it at all! If you want to keep vaping, you have to go with a box mod starter kit like the Kanger Subox Kit (might need to read online on sub ohm works), but this device is awesome with great taste and clouds. But if you want something simple and easy to use, go with the Aspire Premium Kit or Kanger EMOW kit. I'll take an eGo starter kit before I go with disposables e-cigs.

http://vapestreetsc.com/kits-bundles/kanger-subox-mini-starter-kit-now-69-98/
http://www.vapeitnow.com/starter-kits/aspire-starter-kits/aspire-premium-starter-kit/
http://infinitevapor.com/kanger-emow-mega-starter-kit/

thewanderernick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think those disposable ecigs are purposefully created shitty to keep people from ever wanted to try any other vaping experiences. I mean they totally suck

cvcrcr99

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
started with mark10s, moved to something called a mystic bridge kit (sold at places like wlagreens), then went to a mini protank 3 and EGO styled battery (my suggestion for new vapors moving forward).... since then I have had a mechanic mod, ipv mini 2 with subtank, and now an ipv d2 with a black subtank.

If you are ready to get off analogs, my suggestion is to go for the mini protank 3. I successfully converted a few friends with the MPT3, too.

VU Sponsors