Become a Patron!

Distilled water/vodka

esctex

Member For 4 Years
Ok i have a question, why would you use distilled water/vodka in eliquid, besides thinning it out, and why would you want to thin out your juice?

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Some people can't tolerate PG and are vaping pure VG.

VG is to thick to wick properly so DW is usually added.

Vodka is rarely used.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
vodka or rum (WHhte! 151) is acceptable.. forms a throat hit as well as thins out ejuice..
it can also be used for an extractor for herbs, spices and other things..

please avoid anything that may have sugars in it.. everclear is yet another good one..

Graham Bradley

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For those with PG allergies it is useful to dilute with water or alcohol, but as smoky said, dont use alcohol that has sugar in it =o

Zanaspus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also, I find that adding a bit of distilled water rounds out some of the rough edges of a vape. Makes it smoother in general.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I tend not to use booze in my juice (except for screwdrivers), but I will add about 1-3% Distilled water to really thick VG.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
For newcomers, Dont use regular tap water if you do use water...Use only distilled water...Tap water has chemicals you dont want in your lungs.

Im not allergic to pg but decided to use water to thin out my mixes as its saving me more money not needing PG....10 percent water seems to be the going percentage to thin vg out...depends really how your wicking...some may use more ,some may use less.

Dont make the mistake i did and think you can mix 50% water and 50% vg to make a 50/50 mix..lol..It doesnt work like that with water.

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
As was said, I use the dw in some mixes to kinda fluff up the vape, for mouthfeel. I use saline in my desserts kinda pops the flavors. Low % for my purposes, like 2-4%

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
mmmm i just do not like to add water to my juice.. much rather use heat, before adding my nic..
I have noticed it does thin down a bit, and makes it easier to mix with..

as for adding water.. i have heard anywhere from 1-10% and well I just dont like it in my juice..
kinda picky like that :p I love my clouds a bit too much..

the only times I do use any sort of alcohol is when i am either doing extracts or.. looking for an added th..
(very rare!) :)

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just came across this thread and wanted to add my experience from tonight. I felt like a mad little scientist lol.

So I have a jug of distilled water, and since most of my juice is thick, some is just too thick to wick in my rta. I made up a simple quick 10ml strawberries and cream mix. It came to 20%pg from the flavorings and sweetener, 15%dw and 65%vg. Well... it's quite thin, so I'm thankful I have juice flow control. But I have to say, even as a s&v this vapor is delish and so smooth. Super thin, but tasty. Next time I'll go for the 75%vg 5%dw and 20%pg flavorings

On the other hand, some of the juice I buy is quite harsh, so I may start adding 1% total dw to those to make them less punchy on the inhale.

VU Sponsors