Become a Patron!

DIY bull shoot thread.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
A thread for DIY, just for shooting the breeze about whatever you seem to be doing with DIY and want to talk about it.

Tossed some flavors around today for a new tobacco brew. I am introducing Fa Joy into it. I'll try it tomorrow, and let one bottle age for 2+ weeks and see if it tastes any different.

Also made up a blueberry doughnut. I've asked more than once if anyone had a recipe, and never did get a response. So we will see how my first attempt goes. It sure smells good so far.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bull shoot? Oh freemind, honey. I expect better from you, darlin'. :blowkiss:

Heck Huckleberried, I never knew you were a Chicago pro basketball fan! :facepalm:

Yes!

"Bulls Lives Matter"

Ron
---
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."- Kurt Vonnegut

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@freemind, @pulsevape's callin' you old!!
you heard her Free...the pot is calling to the kettle.

well my bull shoot is I need another ADV....I got two I really like but I need to expand....the two I got are my own recepies I dreamed up...I guess I need to look through the recepies and see if anything jumps out.

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

well my bull shoot is I need another ADV....I got two I really like but I need to expand....the two I got are my own recepies I dreamed up...I guess I need to look through the recepies and see if anything jumps out.
Lots of good stuff in there, though, I'm where you are. I have 2 all days, one of my own, one of HIC's.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I'm beginning to resemble that.

I just ordered a few hundred of flavors a while ago. I'm sure I can find something to whip up.

PreparationHero

I drink and I know things
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Stuff we've been working on huh.. Hmm.

I've got a Gorilla Juice clone I'm almost done with, considering they stopped making it a year ago and I'm doing it by memory, it's pretty good.

I started posting my flavor notes in the diy review section, about one a day, so I've been vaping about 20-30 mls a day to get as much as I can out of them, and it's rough.

Also I've been testing out quick steeping using a n20 cocktail shaker. That's about it in the vape world.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Working on a peanut butter/banana vape and trying to taste both flavors equally, which is proving more difficult than it sounds. I make a pretty mean banana pudding juice, so I mixed up 40ml of that and divided it into four 10ml bottles. I then added about 1.5% of each peanut butter I have - Flavorah, TFA, and both versions of Capella. The only one with a clear peanut butter taste was FV, but banana still dominates. So now I'm wondering if I didn't do this back-asswards. Maybe instead of adding PB to a banana juice, I should add banana to a PB juice. And maybe I'm just thinking out loud.... :idea:

PreparationHero

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Working on a peanut butter/banana vape and trying to taste both flavors equally, which is proving more difficult than it sounds. I make a pretty mean banana pudding juice, so I mixed up 40ml of that and divided it into four 10ml bottles. I then added about 1.5% of each peanut butter I have - Flavorah, TFA, and both versions of Capella. The only one with a clear peanut butter taste was FV, but banana still dominates. So now I'm wondering if I didn't do this back-asswards. Maybe instead of adding PB to a banana juice, I should add banana to a PB juice. And maybe I'm just thinking out loud.... :idea:
Tfa Smooth helped me with peanut butter and druits, but I also use a few drops of almond to make it nuttier. But yes adding banana to pb is better. I prefer banana ripe.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've tried a couple PB flavoring. Both tasted like peanut butter SAUCE, and not peanut butter. So I gave up on peanut butter vapes.

Good luck finding something that suits ya.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Of note here....

CAP glazed doughnut tastes like cake batter. That ain't a doughnut flavor, Capella!

I'll try TFA doughnut next.
I get Play-Dough from Caps glazed. They just released a new flavor, "Funnel Cake." I jumped all over that one, thought it might actually taste like funnel cake since FA Joy was a big let-down in that department. The Caps FC tastes just like their glazed donut. :blech: ....Really disappointed.

PreparationHero

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Of note here....

CAP glazed doughnut tastes like cake batter. That ain't a doughnut flavor, Capella!

I'll try TFA doughnut next.
I get Play-Dough from Caps glazed. They just released a new flavor, "Funnel Cake." I jumped all over that one, thought it might actually taste like funnel cake since FA Joy was a big let-down in that department. The Caps FC tastes just like their glazed donut. :blech: ....Really disappointed.

You have to cut it with joy to get the flavor out, otherwise I just get wax.

PreparationHero

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Two flavor wrongs make a right? o_O LOL!!
That's just how it goes sometimes. People underestimate joy and it's usefulness, and too many people think flavor1 + flavor 2 = flavor 1 +2. Every flavor changes another and becomes different. That's what joy is made for, same as smooth, mts vape wizard, EM, sour, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, that philosophy I'm very familiar with but not particularly with those two in question. I can handle Joy in mega-small doses before I get stale beer. And that's one flavoring that always stays in my freezer, as it tends to "sour" if I leave it out with the rest. I just pull it out as I need it.

PreparationHero

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Well, that philosophy I'm very familiar with but not particularly with those two in question. I can handle Joy in mega-small doses before I get stale beer. And that's one flavoring that always stays in my freezer, as it tends to "sour" if I leave it out with the rest. I just pull it out as I need it.
Joy is something I would definitely keep in the one to two drop range no matter what.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
OMG, Cake Batter, Vanilla Custard, Sugar Cookie,annnnnd..... one of the other's they make all taste the same to me, so I just don't use 'em. Just can't get past something in those, no matter how little, or how much I've tried.
That's what joy is made for
Joy is made for an Underworld I hope I never end up in.
I just pull it out as I need it
That's what she said!!.

I just HAD to. You KNOW me.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I found my own button....

DWuQLvT.jpg

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've probably asked this a thousand times already, here, there, and everywhere, but I'll go ahead with 1,001... Has anybody been able to make a good blueberry muffin flavor, without diketones? And also without that nasty cake batter flavor; I had to throw it away, it stunk so bad.

I discovered yesterday that the primary way that 8/8 affects me is that I can no longer get the Blueberry Muffin from Sweet-Vapes. It was the customization of the PG/VG that kept me buying that one ejuice, and that of course is the reason why they can't offer it anymore. Thanks a fucking lot, FDA, you asshats.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Don't know if you're interested in any of HIC's recipes, but there's one for sale on his recipes website. $3 for gourmet recipe, then a lifetime to mix and enjoy it. http://www.hicsmixes.com/

I might at some point. He seems to use FA pretty exclusively, and I don't have too many FA flavors, so I'd also have to acquire those. Although I prefer TFA's Blueberry Extra to any other blueberry I've tasted, it's not a strong flavor at all, other flavors can overwhelm it very easily, so it may not be suitable for a pastry kind of thing.

Andria

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You could also try subbing what you do have if they don't all work out. At least, it's an option.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh.. also, if flavors other that FA are required, that's usually mentioned in the descriptions.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HIC's is the best blueberry muffin I've ever tried, the others taste like raisin bread to me.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
HIC's is the best blueberry muffin I've ever tried, the others taste like raisin bread to me.

Ok. Maybe i can make room for that and some FA flavors from Monday's paycheck. I dunno though; I desperately need a new showerhead and shower curtain, and the mate has had to go light on coins for the last 2 checks, while i frantically tried to get all the vaping shit I'd need for forever. :D Missed that blueberry muffin though. :xD:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Get the shower stuff... recipe will be there, FDA can't touch HIC, lol.

Well, the best thing about DIY to me is how inexpensively it can be begun -- small bottles of flavors don't cost much, and of course I've got all the nic and PG/VG and tools and whatnot. So it shouldn't be too difficult. And when we were at Home Depot getting our new water heater, I saw that they have a vast selection of showerheads, and decent prices on them, so that won't be a huge deal. I'm just sick of the one I have because it won't stay focused straight down, it keeps tilting to one side or the other, driving me NUTS! It's rather aged. :D

I'm glad to know that BCV has become BCF, and remains. Hopefully it can stay that way. I wonder about WizLabs, too.

Andria

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
For the time being, at least, I suppose WL is safe. I really haven't heard much of anything about nic suppliers. Aside from that, they sell pretty much the same stuff I know some flavoring companies have said they're sending in whatever is necessary to the FDA, so sellers are just re-selling something already being registered. Capella has a notification on their site that they'll deal with them, FlavourArt has said they'll do all they can to keep at it, TFA, I couldn't find info, but they're already transparent on the MSDS, so HOPEFULLY, they'll follow along. No idea where the rest actually stand on it all.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So the TFA doughnut was the stuff.

I use TFA blueberry extra, and it's not really poking taste through like I want.

Anyone have a suggestion to what blueberry flavor I should get that is stronger? I would rather stick to a FA or TFA flavor.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So the TFA doughnut was the stuff.

I use TFA blueberry extra, and it's not really poking taste through like I want.

Anyone have a suggestion to what blueberry flavor I should get that is stronger? I would rather stick to a FA or TFA flavor.
Maybe a tiny bit of bilberry?

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am using TFA blueberry extra @ 5%. I thought about adding .5-1% Acai. I have not worked with bilberry yet. Is it similar to acai/blueberry flavoring @Teresa P ?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have acai, but have yet to do anything with it. Bilberry is very strong (the FA version is, anyway) and should be used with a very light hand. As the primary blueberry, I'd honestly start at .5% and work up from there. If you just wanna boost the BB extra, start with .1%.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I've probably asked this a thousand times already, here, there, and everywhere, but I'll go ahead with 1,001... Has anybody been able to make a good blueberry muffin flavor, without diketones? And also without that nasty cake batter flavor; I had to throw it away, it stunk so bad.

I discovered yesterday that the primary way that 8/8 affects me is that I can no longer get the Blueberry Muffin from Sweet-Vapes. It was the customization of the PG/VG that kept me buying that one ejuice, and that of course is the reason why they can't offer it anymore. Thanks a fucking lot, FDA, you asshats.

Andria
Have you tried https://www.heathersheavenlyvapes.c..._page=product_info&cPath=12_17&products_id=15.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

You tried TFA Blueberry Wild yet?
Seems a bit stronger than Extra to me.
But you can easily go up to 10%+ if needed

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You tried TFA Blueberry Wild yet?
Seems a bit stronger than Extra to me.
But you can easily go up to 10%+ if needed
Have not, but heard it was a good blueberry.

On my list for the next order.

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Pppsssssst ! Peaking in ............ ! ( thinking to himself) maybe if I don't move. They won't see me?

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hey Artemis, do you happen to know where on line I can find mini led lights for my diy mods?

VU Sponsors