Become a Patron!

DIY E-Juice Serious Help, .. please

Hello vapers. I have a problem that's honestly making me sad and depressed. (in a way, anyway)

I'm new to this, and I used to mix my juices buying big mouth flavors and cheap, imperia bases with nicotine. Tasted like shit, I measured everything with syringe, let it rest for 3 days, shaked...tasted like shit.

This Thursday I bought a more expensive Flavorit 50/50 base with 20mg nicotine. I also bought a flavor called Dominate Flavors Orange Mojito. I measured everything, 6ml of 50/50 base, 3ml of 20mg nicotine (to make the final product 6mg) and 1ml of the orange mojito flavor (suggested 10% for 50/50). I let it rest for 24 hours, shaked it about every 4 hours or whatnot and tasted it.

Man, it was the best feeling EVER. I swear the juice tasted like heaven, relaxed the shit out of me and made me feel happy. Fucking weird, I know.

Next day I woke up, inhaled..man I'm back to heaven. Everything is good and gucci, but then, suddenly, the flavor started going away. So I thought hmm, let me just pour some of the juice remaining in the bottle to see if it gets better..first hit great, second hit ok, third and so on hits are fucking plastic, tasteless...I can't even describe.

Guys, please...what am I doing wrong here? I cleaned the shit out of my ecig, even bought a new coil. It's still the same...it can't be my ecig.

The suggested steep time for this juice is 2-4 days. I mixed another 30ml juice with this flavor and it's now about 48 hours steeping in cold, dark drawer of mine. I opened the tip of the bottle for about 3 hours just now, shaked the shit out of it and put it back to the drawer. I'm going to try it tomorrow, but I have feeling it's not good.

Please vapers and vaperinners...how can I get that first hit high again? I really want my flavors to taste good and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Thank you so much in advance.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
You're probably getting what is known as "vapers tongue". It generally occurs when you vape a particular flavor for a little while, then your tongue starts to become desensitized to that flavor. the best known cure for this is to vape another completely different flavor for a while, then come back to the one that you originally liked. I tend to run about 4-5 different flavors in my atties at any given time. Keeps the vapers tongue at bay, because I never really get used to any one in particular.

Oh, I didn't even know that's a thing. I thought it's like eating an apple..if you like it..you like it forever :D Well I'm smoking some of cosmic fog shock right now and will for next 3-4 hours and then clean my tank, coil and try my mix.

There doesn't seem to be anything with the way I'm mixing my juices though, right?

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Likely vaper's tongue. I do have one flavor concentrate that disappears in 72 hours. I call it my two day snv.

VU Sponsors