Become a Patron!

DIY Flavoring

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Does anyone else besides me make their own flavors for their diy juices? I have been using Lorann oils which is a little misleading in the name. Most of the flavors don’t contain any oils. They are pg based super concentrated flavors. Some do contain oils or alcohol so I obviously stay away from those. Depending on the flavor I have been able to make 4 to 6 15ml pg based bottles of juice flavoring from a 1 dram bottle of concentrate. I’ve only been making these for a little over a month now so I’m still taking copious amounts of notes and tweaking the mixes. Adding sweetener to some and sour to others. If anyone else is doing this also, who do you get your concentrates from and what are your experiences with it?

In the immortal words of Socrates, “ I drank what?!”

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years

Oh I know there are lots of people that diy their own vape juices but I haven’t found too many people that diy the flavorings themselves. I’ve been buying pre made flavoring for the past three years making my own juices. I just now got into making the flavors to go into the juice. I haven’t really been able to find much info on making flavors.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just now got into making the flavors to go into the juice. I haven’t really been able to find much info on making flavors.

Very interesting but I need to ask if it is that cost effective to do? I can comprehend you might get a better product but is it cost effective?

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Well I bought 12 one dram or 3.3ml I believe is what it works out to bottles of super concentrated flavor for 14 dollars and I can make 4 to 6 15ml pg mix flavoring bottles out of each so I figure it saves me about 106 dollars versus buying the regular concentrates at 2.95 for a 15ml bottle.

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
@Papachaz are you making 4-6 15ML bottles from one Dram?

Yes. So far depending on what the flavor is it’s between 4 to 6 15ml bottles of flavor from a one dram bottle of the super concentrate.

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
What concentrates are you making?

I’ve only tried the fruit and candy flavors so far. Only been doing this for a little over a month now. Still got a lot of refining to do on my ratios.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
lorans is one of the first thing DIYers used years ago.
but lets do some math
your paying 1.16 for lorans to make 90 ml of juice
so that works out to $0.013 cost of lorans per ml of juice
i pay $20 for a 4oz bottle of FA or RF sometimes even less but we will use $20 for round numbers
that is enough to make about 4 liters of juice
which makes my cost of flavoring per ml $0.005
which is almost 1/3 or what you paying

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
lorans is one of the first thing DIYers used years ago.
but lets do some math
your paying 1.16 for lorans to make 90 ml of juice
so that works out to $0.013 cost of lorans per ml of juice
i pay $20 for a 4oz bottle of FA or RF sometimes even less but we will use $20 for round numbers
that is enough to make about 4 liters of juice
which makes my cost of flavoring per ml $0.005
which is almost 1/3 or what you paying

Not 90 ml of juice. 90ml of the flavoring only. The 15ml bottle of flavor makes three or four 30ml bottles of finished juice.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am 100% diy for over 2.5 years now.
My ADV Vanilla custard costs me 1.45 for 120 ml. This includes everything flavorings, sweetener, PG/VG and nic.
does not include the glass bottle cost as I reuse those.
I also rinse and reuse my syringes.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unless I missed something, he's not using Lorann's. Those are a far cry from super concentrates.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not 90 ml of juice. 90ml of the flavoring only. The 15ml bottle of flavor makes three or four 30ml bottles of finished juice.

@Papachaz why do you dilute the flavoring so much? If I was making my own I would shoot for the strongest I could make to measure less when mixing. Basically you are already starting the DIY when you mixing your flavorings. Ever tried using it straight? I have an RY4 that is so strong I must use it by drops.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
so you are taking these
category-banner-super-strength-1-dram-540px.jpg

then diluting them with pg to make more?

if so you are not making a flavor

now when i tried some loran i used these and used about 10% from one of the bottles to get flavor

I do not understand your need to dilute these

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
so you are taking these
category-banner-super-strength-1-dram-540px.jpg

then diluting them with pg to make more?

if so you are not making a flavor

now when i tried some loran i used these and used about 10% from one of the bottles to get flavor

I do not understand your need to dilute these

Sorry I didn’t explain myself very well. I’m not using just a single flavor but making combinations which I then use to mix with the vg/pg to make my juice to vape. My personal flavor percentage is around 10%. I probably used the wrong term in super bowl concentrate. I guess that more concentrated flavor would be a better description? Like I said I’ve only been experimenting with combining these flavors for about a month no.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So you are basically adding an additional step to DIY this way. I was under the initial impression you were taking concentrated flavoring and diluting it.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I am totally confused

you are mixing different bottles together to make one new flavor like bannana with kiwi to make bannana kiwi?

if thats the case. thats what DIY is and what we all do

im starting to think your point is
that the SC line from Lorann is more concentrated then their other lines and it gows a lot further so it costs less to make juice using that.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Like I said, he's making one-shots with LorAnns. Not actually making any of the flavors...just mixing them. Am I right?

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Like I said, he's making one-shots with LorAnns. Not actually making any of the flavors...just mixing them. Am I right?

Yes. I’m making my own flavor combinations. Like a strawberry grape lemonade, just as an example. I didn’t explain myself very well to begin with.

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Why not just do it when you are making a finished liquid?

Experimenting with different flavor combinations and ratios to see what I like the best. If I don’t like it then I’m not dumping a whole bottle of juice.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Experimenting with different flavor combinations and ratios to see what I like the best. If I don’t like it then I’m not dumping a whole bottle of juice.

But to test it you still need to make a bottle of e-Liquid and throwing away a few ML's of flavoring is less then throwing 15 MLs of flavor away. VG/PG and cheaper than flavors.

Last edited:

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

How do you know if you like it if you don't vape it?
How do you vape it if not first mixing your experimental flavor combinations with PG and/or VG in a Bottle first?
:question:

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
How do you know if you like it if you don't vape it?
How do you vape it if not first mixing your experimental flavor combinations with PG and/or VG in a Bottle first?
:question:

Small test bottles. I only have 15 mil bottles right now but I’ve ordered some ten mil. I buy all my vg, pg an nicotine in bulk so it costs me very little to dump a small bottle of test juice if I don’t like it. Even then I only dump the ones that are just plain bad.

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
But here you said you don't do that?

Ahh I see. I was meaning small test bottles of vape juice. I keep the flavor mixes and make adjustments to them. Mix another small bottle of vape juice and try again.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Yes. I’m making my own flavor combinations. Like a strawberry grape lemonade, just as an example. I didn’t explain myself very well to begin with.

Please say you are not trying to "create" flavoring, that you are using ready made flavorings to create ejuice.
You do not want to put say... apple juice or a v8 tomato juice into your vape liquids..
Hum there's a couple weeks left... could try to make a NET from dried peppers and tomato. Now how to make tortilla juice?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Nopes.. pass.. please keep your lungs free of that.. there are some ideas that can ruin your lungs, leading to death.
Your lungs just can not digest things your stomach can. :)

I do hope all this is a joke! :)
Be safe out there.. Not sorry..

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Please say you are not trying to "create" flavoring, that you are using ready made flavorings to create ejuice.
You do not want to put say... apple juice or a v8 tomato juice into your vape liquids..

Nopes.. pass.. please keep your lungs free of that.. there are some ideas that can ruin your lungs, leading to death.
Your lungs just can not digest things your stomach can. :)

I do hope all this is a joke! :)
Be safe out there.. Not sorry..
Joke on my part. .. truth is I don't really like food and drink juices.... I'm almost exclusively a tobacco vaper. I might flavor tobaccos with food and drink flavor.. but the base flavor is always tobacco.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors