Become a Patron!

DIY in canada? Where do I go?

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
[QUOTE="submoa, post: 935399, member: 20375"

The big problem is the nic base. Way too expensive here at Canada compared to US. I just placed an order for 100mg 1L from US. Now crossing fingers :).[/QUOTE]
Let us know how you make out getting it across the boarder.

submoa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
[QUOTE="submoa, post: 935399, member: 20375"

The big problem is the nic base. Way too expensive here at Canada compared to US. I just placed an order for 100mg 1L from US. Now crossing fingers :).[/QUOTE]
Let us know how you make out getting it across the boarder.[/QUOTE]

Ill do if it pass.

Last edited:

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just placed an order from firstchoicevapor.ca I'll report on how it goes.
Not off to a stellar start though,

Forgot to send me the payment link.
Double charged my Credit card. Grrr. Seems to have sorted itself out.
Charged me $17.50 for Canada Post "Expedited Parcel" was supposed to be here yesterday. As of Tuesday, Feb 16, not here.
Monday, Feb 22, not here.

Last edited:

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow I cant beleave how many supplyers are riping us off on the Nic % .
Your going to see that probably everywhere. Weather you by it in Canada or the US. To me being off a little I expect, no one is perfect at mixing things. It's good to know what it is for sure so you can adjust your mix's accordingly. That is why I bought a nic testing kit to make sure. Cheap investment http://www.diy-ejuice.com/category-s/1874.htm
Plus the vender themselves may not be doing any mixing and may just order it the stuff already mixed so it would be their supplier!

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Your going to see that probably everywhere. Weather you by it in Canada or the US. To me being off a little I expect, no one is perfect at mixing things. It's good to know what it is for sure so you can adjust your mix's accordingly. That is why I bought a nic testing kit to make sure. Cheap investment http://www.diy-ejuice.com/category-s/1874.htm
Plus the vender themselves may not be doing any mixing and may just order it the stuff already mixed so it would be their supplier!

You don't have your own Chromatagraph, mass spectrometer or IR photometer??? lol

It seems a little suspect though that the percentage is consistantly low. Mismeasurement would result in an occasional high reading....Since the tester kits are so inexpensive, I would expect the seller to use them and ensure that the nic levels are what they advertise.

I don't care if if it was my supplier's or my supplier's supplier, whoevever sells me my nic better not short me. I'll invoke Article14 under Section 2a of the Columbian Co-operative Cartel Charter!

Says if I'm shorted, I'm supposed to give them a necktie....

Last edited:

JayCee

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
BOTTLES!!!
I am looking for many empty dropper bottles... 100 or 120ml sizes.. and 30mls... Everything I see from canada seems way too expensive for me! Any suggestions on where to order from??

submoa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I got my 100mg/ml 1L nicotine from ECX today. It was shipped with USPS. Nicotine container was discrete.

Edit: Everything was discrete. I also purchased some flavor(s) together. So, go on. It's way cheaper than what we usually pay here at Canada. And thank you ECX !

Last edited:

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Made an order a 6 days ago from firstchoicevapor.ca in Mission BC and it STILL has not arrived. :( juice rationing is now in effect.

submoa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
BOTTLES!!!
I am looking for many empty dropper bottles... 100 or 120ml sizes.. and 30mls... Everything I see from canada seems way too expensive for me! Any suggestions on where to order from??

Fasttech

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Did they shipped?

They did. I'm at the mercy of Canada Post's "Expedited Parcel" which has a 2 day delivery standard. $17.50. I hate our third world postal system. I could have traveled that distance on a pogo stick by now.

submoa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
They did. I'm at the mercy of Canada Post's "Expedited Parcel" which has a 2 day delivery standard. $17.50. I hate our third world postal system. I could have traveled that distance on a pogo stick by now.

I know it's hard to wait :D. But at least you don't have to stress about customs :).

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
lol. turning all my bottles with dreggs of juice upside down, hoping that I might have enough to wait out the posties...

KapitalJ

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Bobx Check out Danny thebrokevaper.ca
Great guy. Great service and shipping. I live fairly close and get my mail in 1-2 days.

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Bobx Check out Danny thebrokevaper.ca
Great guy. Great service and shipping. I live fairly close and get my mail in 1-2 days.
Good price on nic but there is not much else there that I would use. diy-juice has every thing I need and more.

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That would be 2-7 days from the time Canada post receives it.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That would be 2-7 days from the time Canada post receives it.

Incorrect. According to Canada Post, their "delivery standard" for Expedited Parcels, which is what I paid for, from Mission to Edmonton is 2 days. Their "delivery standard" for regular parcel service from Mission to Edmonton is 4 days. According to Canada Post tracking, my package has not even made it to Edmonton yet.

On Expedited Parcel, if delivery time exceeds their "delivery standard" Canada Post refunds the fee to the shipper. Which means, if I place another order, I better get free shipping.

Last edited:

HeavyHauler

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Incorrect. According to Canada Post, their "delivery standard" for Expedited Parcels, which is what I paid for, from Mission to Edmonton is 2 days. Their "delivery standard" for regular parcel service from Mission to Edmonton is 4 days. According to Canada Post tracking, my package has not even made it to Edmonton yet.

On Expedited Parcel, if delivery time exceeds their "delivery standard" Canada Post refunds the fee to the shipper. Which means, if I place another order, I better get free shipping.

Should have pogo sticked there, I guess.

I got mine 6 days after I ordered it, it actually came in a day or two early.

It's the postal service's fault, if anyone's.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's the postal service's fault, if anyone's.

Of course it is. However, the vendor can get the shipping cost refunded from Canada Post. The vendor did not have the option of normal parcel service, since I paid the extra for Expedited Parcel, I should get what I paid for. Not the vendors fault, but I expect that they will get the refund from Canada Post (because the only the shipper can apply for it) and apply that to the shipping of my next order.

Edit: Canada Post shit the bed as usual, my order took 10 days.

firstchoicevapor.ca, was very good about it, and is applying the shipping to my next order.

Last edited:

KapitalJ

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good price on nic but there is not much else there that I would use. diy-juice has every thing I need and more.
Of coarse your buddy likes it........Your doing all the work!! What else would he say?:D;)

Do you not care for TFA flavours? or do you just have enough for a while?
My buddy at works buys my e juice off of me, I'm sure he would let me know if it wasn't strong enough or good flavour.

submoa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Anyone from Montreal who want 120ml of TFA coconut?
Seller sent me this by error and I won't use it because of custard notes.

Edit: I give it for free
Edit 2: Gone

Last edited:

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you not care for TFA flavours? or do you just have enough for a while?
I am just trying to stick with one supplier and that would be FA. I don't want to end up all over the map and besides I am only interested in making tobacco vapes and FA has some good ones. At least for me.

HeavyHauler

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anyone from Montreal who want 120ml of TFA coconut?
Seller sent me this by error and I won't use it because of custard notes.

Edit: I give it for free

If you want to mail it, I'll pay for the shipping cost.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok. Recieved my firstchoicevapor.ca nic!

So, without further adieu to the Nic!

100 Mg/Ml in PG. I have vaped a tank each of 3, 6 and 8 Mg/Ml respectivly with no flavor, just VG, and the Nic seems very good. I do not have a Nic tester, but I have no doubt from my 8 Mg/Ml tank that it is at or very close to advertised strength.

Taste at lower concentrations, takes an effort to detect. At higher concentrations, there is a very very slight smell, and the throat hit becomes apparent as it should at high concentrations, and there might, and I repeat might, be the tinyiest hint of pepper at high concentration, but not enough to be noticable unless you are really trying hard to detect it.

Color, is perfectly clear.

Packaging was top rate. The flavors and the 120Ml translusent plastic bottle of nic each were in a very tough (we are talking scissors here) heat sealed transparent plastic pack. If there had been any leakage of the bottles due to damage in transport transport, it would have been evident with out opening the pack.

Around these were bubble wrap, all enclosed in a sturdy, appropiate sized cardboard box.

The Nic was labled with a white self adhesive lable with appropiate warnings in English only.

I also recieved the Blackberry, and French Vanilla flavorings, and will report my findings on those here as soon as I have evaluated them.

Update: Last Nic received from this vendor was discolored. Orange. Not the same nic as was delivered last time.

Last edited:

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@OneBadWolf Glad everything turned out good for you. How about the shipping? Did it take longer than 7 days?

Oooops! I see you edit your post!
Edit: Canada Post shit the bed as usual, my order took 10 days.

firstchoicevapor.ca, was very good about it, and is applying the shipping to my next order.

riverdan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just received my order from DIY eJuice in canada. Been vaping on my first mixes and the taste of the 70/30 VG pg is smooth so the quality of the VG/PG is good.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced VG/PG from either DIY eJuice and or Firstchoicevapor

Last edited:

riverdan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
From diy-ejuice the PG/VG seems just fine to me. Have not ordered From Firstchoice as of now.

Good to hear. Notice any discernible tastes or is it relatively neutral?

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good to hear. Notice any discernible tastes or is it relatively neutral?
So far I have tried PG/VG from Canvape and diy-ejuice and to tell you the truth I don't taste any difference between the 2 and to me I would say they are both neutral. But then again I don't think I have the greatest taste buds.:confused:

riverdan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good to know, thanks Bob!

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My thoughts on the firstchoicevapor.ca flavorings.

(FCV) Blackberry Flavoring:

A nice, honest clean Blackberry. Smells more intense than it tastes. Taste is accurate, and quite nice. I suggest using the maximum recommended percentage using this flavor as a stand alone.
I'll order it again.

(FCV) French Vanilla Flavoring

Vanilla in every sense, and meaning of the word. It was OK. The difference between vanilla, and French Vanilla is that French vanilla is supposed to have an egg/custard flavor to it. I didn't get that. Seemed a little weak even at max recommended percentage.

VU Sponsors