Become a Patron!

DIY in canada? Where do I go?

Etown smoke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I think this order I will get it in pg and see if I find it any different. The last one I order in vg cause I was going max vg but have been mixing roughly 70/30 vg/pg lately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c flakes

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I came across a deal for a liter of 30mg/ml nic for $74.99 at https://www.vapeonline.ca/diy/prema...-250ml-500ml-1-liter-pg-vg-nicotine-base.html
They call it pre-made unflavoured ejuice. It comes in 250ml, 500ml and 1000ml sizes. I plan to mix it down to 6mg/ml so, according to the recipe calculator, I'll end up with about 5 liters of mixed flavoured juice.
I don't know if it's a pricing mistake on the website or not but you can order it in whatever PG/VG ratio and nic concentration you like for the same price.
I was a little leery about ordering it but feel better since they called the day after I ordered to say a flavour I ordered was out of stock and asked if I wanted to substitute something else. I got a UPS tracking number email from them a few minutes later. So at least something is coming. Shipping is free if you spend over $100.
I just hope it's the good stuff.
The number that came up on the phone call I got came from the Mississauga Ontario office of this company http://www.skcigs.ca/retail-locations/wholesale-and-retail.html

I bought a bottle of 100mg PG.

I found it to be peppery at 18mg

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@imaddicted2u
The price is about right. The lower the nic concentration the cheaper the price, as compared to 100mg/ml. But you will find in the future that if you buy 100mg/ml it is actually cheaper in the long run.
Let us know how you make out.

imaddicted2u

Member For 4 Years
The 1000ml of 30 mg/ml works out to be the equivalent of 300ml of 100 mg/ml. But when you think of it I'm also getting 700ml of PG/VG that I don't have to buy to add to my recipe. I think it's all relative to the ratios. I'm sure there is some math wiz on here that could do a cost comparison, but that isn't me...lol.
I'll let you know if the stuff is any good.
Just in case, I found this to be an interesting read on adjusting to reduce the harsh peppery taste of nic.
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...educe-that-peppery-harsh-nicotine-taste.6955/

imaddicted2u

Member For 4 Years
Received my order from Vapeonline.ca today, on schedule. It could have been packed better but it did arrive safely so I can't complain.
I chose a liter of 70/30% VG/PG @ 30mg/ml nicotine, a few flavours and a pair of Samsung 25R 18650 batteries.
I dripped a bit right out of the bottle. While I'm no connoisseur, I can't say I detected any taste or smell. It has more throat hit than I'm used to but I usually vape around 12mg/ml. As far as nicotine content goes, I have nothing to measure it with but I sure did feel the difference in nic level after a few puffs of 30mg/ml.:bliss:
I plan to mix it down to lower nic levels when my order from DIY eJuice arrives.

Attachments

• 104_0549.JPG
    104_0549.JPG
    629.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 104_0552.JPG
    104_0552.JPG
    636.1 KB · Views: 8

imaddicted2u

Member For 4 Years

Etown smoke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah that is a great calculator. I average $.64 to
$.85 per 10ml @ 9mg. Sure beats the $7 to $10 that's most places around here charge for the same. My favorite juice was costing me $26 for a 30ml until I started DiY, and I think my juice tastes even better

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
FWIW, looks like First Choice is slipping on the shipping. Took 4 days from order to shipped.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nic arrived. Not the same nic I received last time. This stuff looks orange. WTF?

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Pisses me off. I'll be getting my nic elsewhere. Too bad, the first nic I got from them was the best nic I've ever had.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Pisses me off. I'll be getting my nic elsewhere. Too bad, the first nic I got from them was the best nic I've ever had.

I feel your pain :mad:
I have a liter that got tossed. It was still clear, but immediately changed color during the mix process and had one hell of a bite. I went with another supplier.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
From Firstchoicevapor as well?

No, but I can't name the source here LOL
I've went to Vaper Tek as a replacement.
However I would contact FirstChoiceVapor about it, if I were you. Maybe they will offer to replace it. Orange or yellow NIC is not normal. Unless it's had prolonged exposure to air and/or excessive heat.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Fuck those bozos. There is no way they didn't know. I'll be shopping elsewhere.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just revised my earlier one... lol On 3 different forums so far.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
100 MG/ML 50-50 VG PG. 120ml.

I pretty much know your reasoning for the 50/50. But let me inject myself in here.

Unless you have allergic reactions to PG, go with 100% PG NIC base. There's much less separation, and you don't have to shake or roll the bottle as aggressively every time you go to mix a fresh bottle of juice. And it makes for a more consistent juice.

Depending on your NIC level and the amount of flavoring you use in a recipe, you could get an end result of 85VG/15PG plus or minus.

I have some recipes that would come out 94vg/6pg using a 100% PG based NIC, if I didn't add extra PG to the mix.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've gotten 100% VG nic from them before. It was perfectly clear. Great nic. Many of my flavorings , I extract myself, so I'm not short on the PG. Some of my extractions have greater amounts of PG than others.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've gotten 100% VG nic from them before. It was perfectly clear. Great nic. Many of my flavorings , I extract myself, so I'm not short on the PG. Some of my extractions have greater amounts of PG than others.

Same deal there also. You had 100% VG. It's the VG/PG mixes that separate. I know I'll get some push back from others on that. But I work with volumes large enough to see the actual separation, and how difficult it is to get it properly mixed when it does separate.

Etown smoke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's sad to hear that there nic is going down. Was pleased with the last order but now I'm going to have to look elsewhere

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's sad to hear that there nic is going down.

It is. It was great nic. When you going to bring some of your nectar for me to try out BTW? lol. I'll swap you a bottle of my almondcaranilla.... Made with the good nic of course.

riverdan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Curious... Where is everyone getting batteries from these days since shipping restrictions kicked in?

riverdan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Honestly, that's one thing I still buy at my local shop

After looking around online, it's pretty much the cheapest option these days. Sadly the closest shop to my new place that carries 25r's is probably 2 hours away.

So far I haven't found a non vape shop supply yet.

I know, I've been looking too. They must be hiding somewhere!

To be honest, after shipping, exchange, duties. It's almost not worth getting batteries shipped across the boarder anymore.

Here, 25Rs, Brown LG, and Sony are $10. Vape Horizon.

That's about the best price I could find so far at a shop where I moved from... Looks like I'll have to stock up the next time I'm there.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
A question for my Canadian friends. I may be headed up to Halifax on a business trip next month. What can I expect going through airport customs? I typically bring my REOs with me and some spare batteries as well as liquid for refilling. Am I going get hassled or confiscated?

riverdan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I took a flight to Halifax a little while ago. From my experience I brought a kit with my mod, extra batteries and coils. I took the juice (30mls)x3 and put them into a zip lock bag and brought everything with me on the flight. As for security, I opened the kit and put it through the scanner. From what I remember reading... all of your gear can not fill more than a sandwich sized zip lock bag.

*Edit* It MUST be packed in your carry on. NOT checked.

riverdan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
https://travel.gc.ca/air/what-to-pack
Scroll down to
E-cigarettes
You can bring e-cigarettes for your personal use in your carry-on baggage or on your person. Spare batteries must be protected so they won’t short-circuit. You are not allowed to recharge the e-cigarettes and/or batteries while you are on board the aircraft.

http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelinfo/airport/baggage/carry-on.html#faq:0-1-5-6-*
Other accepted items
Electronic cigarettes (or 'e-cigarettes'), provided they remain stowed and unused on your person or in your carry-on baggage.
  • E-cigarettes are not accepted in checked baggage.

I can't remember where I saw the Sandwich bag thing but it's always a good idea regardless because of the cabin pressure.

Also remember, if you tanks are full. they'll definitely eject all their liquid under pressure change. There are tricks to it but I don't know what type of tank you have.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks @riverdan. I fly all the time here in the states with my squonk boxes, 90k miles this year alone. I don't use tanks on the road just because of the leaking. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to get hassled when I go through customs when I arrive at what ever airport I end up flying through. This will be my first time in Canada since I started vaping. I used to live 60 miles south of Montreal in upstate New York. I've also driven the 401 from Detroit across to Montreal. I've flown into Calgary, Regina, and Toronto back when I still smoked.

riverdan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Halifax is a beautiful place. Make sure you get your hands on some 'Propeller' (They make both beer and pop)

Also, Lobster... obviously

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm hoping they have me do a 2 week trip with a stay over the weekend so I can do some proper exploring. Craft beers are my fav. I always look for local brews to try in my travels. In some web exploring I found a place that distills a single malt, Glenora Distillery, the only one in North America. Lobster, man I'm all in!

riverdan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you've got the time you might like checking out the Alexander Keith's brewery. Not craft but very very old. Recently someone pulled a bottle of Keith's out of the bottom of the Halifax harbor that's almost 125 years old.

Etown smoke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Keith's is always a classic east coast beer here in Canada, they tested that bottle and said it tasted great to after all these years

VU Sponsors