Become a Patron!

DIY in canada? Where do I go?

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@gopher_byrd I am sure what @riverdan has posted is correct. But the way I see it it may be flying in Canada. Your best to check with the air carrier you will fly with and most important Canada customs. Customs may have a different take on the hole deal. Plus I would check with American Customs because you will have to go through them on the way back.

Etown smoke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
DiY is so much fun, the variety you can make is great. You'll have fun at it for sure plus the amount of money to be saved is amazing. Some of my favorite juices averaged $20-27 for a 30ml bottle and now I can make them for $2.20-2.55 for 30mls and I think mine taste slightly better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Etown smoke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Flavourfog is great for you flavors, bases and bottles but they don't have nic. They also have it where you can pick up your order in Edmonton or spruce grove. Last time I ordered I picked it up 2 hours later which was awesome. As for nic there are a few places to order from, lots of us ordered from firstchoice but recently their nic has gone down in quality. A person could call them and inquire if they have new nic in but there are lots of options within Canada to avoid customs.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So I'm outside the Old Triangle in Halifax, vaping away on RP4 (RocketPuppy's RY4) and I recommend the pub to a couple looking at the menu. They go in and buy me a shot of Glen Brenton single malt for recommending the pub. Life is good, RP4 and Glen Brenton it doesn't get any better... I think I will bring my wife up here on holiday next year for leaf season.

BTW for anyone traveling up to Canada, no problems bringing your vape gear through customs. Just make sure your batteries are in your carry on bag like in the USA and your e-liquid is in a 1L zip-lock bag.

Cheers,
Goph

BreSha6869

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have been buying litres of 100mg nic from the Broke Vaper in Markham Ontario and I really like the nic and the prices are as low as I have seen. I like their Nic (NicSelect) better than First Choice.

I just ordered over a litre of various flavourings from Flavourfog. Pricing was good and they shipped withing 24 hours with free shipping. Haven't recieved the order yet, but it is all CAP, TFA and Lorann, so I expect it will be good stuff and well packed.

I find nic and flavours are a bit more $$$ in Canada, but I dont care if I pay an extra $20-30 per litre for quality Nic as a litre lasts my wife and i over 4 years

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
How is Nicselect? and what did you find different/better?

Has anybody tested the NicSelect? if it tests Ok, I'll get some. Still pissed off about the extra-virgin-ashtray-butt-extracted-swill-nic from Lastchoicevapor. I haven't decided whether to send them a video of it being poured down the drain, or sending it to the Joker for hair dye.

Edit. Lastchoicevapor has sunk to a new low. Not only did they never offer to return or replace the shit-nic they sold me, I just checked their site, and they have removed all the negative reviews.

http://www.firstchoicevapor.ca/Unflavoured-100mg-50-VG-50-PG-Base-p/100mg-50-50-base.htm

Avoid these assclots. Any company that censors reviews does not deserve to exist. Doing so creates the illusion of selling quality products, and might even constitute a deceptive trade practice.

Last edited:

BreSha6869

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Has anybody tested the NicSelect? if it tests Ok, I'll get some. Still pissed off about the extra-virgin-ashtray-butt-extracted-swill-nic from Lastchoicevapor. I haven't decided whether to send them a video of it being poured down the drain, or sending it to the Joker for hair dye.

Edit. Lastchoicevapor has sunk to a new low. Not only did they never offer to return or replace the shit-nic they sold me, I just checked their site, and they have removed all the negative reviews.

http://www.firstchoicevapor.ca/Unflavoured-100mg-50-VG-50-PG-Base-p/100mg-50-50-base.htm

Avoid these assclots. Any company that censors reviews does not deserve to exist. Doing so creates the illusion of selling quality products, and might even constitute a deceptive trade practice.
What was actually wrong with the shitty nic you received from them?

I won't deal with them again after I placed 2 $100+ orders with them and paid for shipping. I found out that they have free shipping over $100 but you have to put it on your order then request they remove it. I told them that I didnt obviously know to do that after the fact and they said too bad.

That's ok. They need me more than I need them. Orders for 2.5 litres of 100mg nic, a gallon each of PG and VG, Boston rounds and well over 2l of different flavours went elsewhere.

The removing of reviews is douchy.

P.s. I have not formally tested the NicSelect, but it tastes good and after mixing it into juice from 1.5mg to 12mg, the strength seems spot on.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
P.s. I have not formally tested the NicSelect, but it tastes good and after mixing it into juice from 1.5mg to 12mg, the strength seems spot on.

Good enough for me.

What was actually wrong with the shitty nic you received from them?

It was oxidized. ( orange in color, peppery tasting even in low concentrations).

I have sent them a link to this thread, to be fair, and to give them an opportunity to address the matter.

So far, nothing here.

BreSha6869

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good enough for me.

It was oxidized. ( orange in color, peppery tasting even in low concentrations).

I have sent them a link to this thread, to be fair, and to give them an opportunity to address the matter.

So far, nothing here.
Please post if you hear back either way. Seem like nice folks based on my dealings, but my F.U. about free shipping really pissed me off. Funny how stupid shit like a shipping charge that likely cost them $10 cost them hundreds/thousands in business.

In any case, that ship has sailed as I can call Danny at the Broke Vaper and drive 20 min the next day to meet him and get great Nic and all of the top flavours I need.

Just placed a big order with Flavourfog as well as I mentioned above. Prices were comparable to the U.S. and I will post after I recieve my shipment tomorrow/Mon.....

BreSha6869

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Flavorfog shipment showed up today.

Super quick shipping (free) to Toronto, well packed and they even threw in 3 free 10ml (15 maybe?) samples.

Big fan of these guys. Won't be ordering flavors anywhere else. Highly recommended!

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I won't deal with them again after I placed 2 $100+ orders with them and paid for shipping. I found out that they have free shipping over $100 but you have to put it on your order then request they remove it. I told them that I didnt obviously know to do that after the fact and they said too bad.
You don't actually have to put shipping in your order but if you don't calculate your shipping and select the one you want then It would result in their basic shipping charge, so before placing the order you see shipping costs that should not be there just go back and redo the order before you commit to it and pay. Many sites are setup like this and you have to pay attention. When you view your cart the option is there to calculate your shipping, and if the order is over $99 the option for free shipping will appear in the drop down window. If it were under $99 the free shipping would not be there.
Once you pay then yes you will have to contact them and probably the best they will do is give you free shipping on your next order. And that is what I feel they should have at least done for you.

All this negative talk of FC has got me thinking that they maybe they are thinking of closing up shop. I have heard nothing but praise about them in the past and I to have praised their nic also. The nic I got was 100% PG base and it is perfect. But I don't know if I would ever order again from them and take the chance. To Bad. But I have seen this before where they dump all their stuff they have on hand, including garbage, and then close up!!

It apears they don't care!! If they were given a link from @OneBadWolf and have not responded.

BreSha6869

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You don't actually have to put shipping in your order but if you don't calculate your shipping and select the one you want then It would result in their basic shipping charge, so before placing the order you see shipping costs that should not be there just go back and redo the order before you commit to it and pay. Many sites are setup like this and you have to pay attention. When you view your cart the option is there to calculate your shipping, and if the order is over $99 the option for free shipping will appear in the drop down window. If it were under $99 the free shipping would not be there.
Once you pay then yes you will have to contact them and probably the best they will do is give you free shipping on your next order. And that is what I feel they should have at least done for you.

All this negative talk of FC has got me thinking that they maybe they are thinking of closing up shop. I have heard nothing but praise about them in the past and I to have praised their nic also. The nic I got was 100% PG base and it is perfect. But I don't know if I would ever order again from them and take the chance. To Bad. But I have seen this before where they dump all their stuff they have on hand, including garbage, and then close up!!

It apears they don't care!! If they were given a link from @OneBadWolf and have not responded.
My orders were over $100 and the cheapest option I saw for shipping was $15-ish. I was told I should have chosen "pick up". I live in Toronto and they are in BC. Didn't cross my mind....

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My orders were over $100 and the cheapest option I saw for shipping was $15-ish. I was told I should have chosen "pick up". I live in Toronto and they are in BC. Didn't cross my mind....
I just went through the order process again and it was there for me on nic??
Capture_114.jpg

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

A similar thing happened to me with them. My first order from them took forever. NOT their fault, Canada Post screwed up. I emailed FC the link, and the form for a refund from Canada Post, and asked that they apply the refund to my next order. ( only the shipper can apply for the refund). FC agreed, and said they would apply the credit for shipping to my next order. Very fair.

On my next order, I had to remind FC about the shipping. It turns out that their software is not capable of a 0 shipping charge, the work around is to choose pickup. I dont see why FC could not put a stickie explaining the workaround someplace though.

After I completed the order, I had to email them again to remind them to process my CC. It took a while for that to happen. Possibly not FCs fault.

After receiving the shit-nic, I emailed them, and they replied with "whats wrong with it? Peppery?" and nothing more.

A while later, I received an email " First Choice Vapor Shopping Experience Survey" Thank you for your recent purchase! As we appreciate your business and value your satisfaction, please take a moment to visit the link below to submit feedback on all items in your order:"
I filled it out, and it is that review that they deleted. I emailed the link to this thread on Sept 21. Nothing since.

@Bobx might be correct, they are collapsing. I don't know. They certainly do not appreciate my business, at least their actions do not demonstrate so, to me.

Last edited:

c flakes

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The free shipping was not there in April. Was there in May and June when I placed my orders. I had no problem with the nic at the time but will not order anymore based on the comments on this thread.

BreSha6869

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The free shipping was not there in April. Was there in May and June when I placed my orders. I had no problem with the nic at the time but will not order anymore based on the comments on this thread.
Same here. Both of my orders were placed before May. Jan-Mar IIRC. Haven't ordered from them since and won't be ordering again.

√These are Canadian Companies that I have recently done business with and "In my humble opinion" are honorable and I would do repeated business with.√

I get my Popular & safe quality Flavors from
www.flavourfog.com/
AND
www.diy-ejuice.com.

~ My Nicotine (No Taste/No Flavour) and VG/Pg from
www.vaperbc.com
AND
www.firstchoicevapor.ca/
~Prices are fair compared to other Canadian suppliers that I know of and that I have ordered from before. Service, Product and packaging is perfect. They are always adding more flavors and quality products from different companies.
~Hopefully we start to see them Carry inexpensive, quality scales, ultrasonic baths and magnetic mixer's in the near future.

~These 4 Canadian companies are consistent in business for/in as of October 2016 the following.

~Wide range of products 8/10
~Products as described 10/10
~Good Communication 10/10
~Fast Shipping 10/10
~Fair Canadian pricing 10/10
~True to there listed policies ~Yes

I.M.H.O.
Trusted!
~Between these 4 companies you can get most all of your needed High Quantity variants for Mixing Safe DIY E~JUICE hear in Canada.

Last edited:

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@JonesNvape Welcome!
Just a curious question. When was the last time you ordered nic from First Choice and what was it, PG, VG base. I know your happy with what you got and I was happy with what I got, (PG base 100mg/ml) But @OneBadWolf was not to happy with his second order of nic from them. He said it tasted peppery and was yellow in color and will not order from them again. Find his posts starting here:
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/diy-in-canada-where-do-i-go.151290/page-5#post-1306068

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just a curious question. When was the last time you ordered nic from First Choice and what was it, PG, VG base. I know your happy with what you got and I was happy with what I got, (PG base 100mg/ml) But @OneBadWolf was not to happy with his second order of nic from them. He said it tasted peppery and was yellow in color and will not order from them again. Find his posts starting here:

I don't think I was the only one in this thread that got shit-nic from Lastchoice. Even if Lastchoice has rectified their shit-nic issue, that does not excuse their deleting reviews, not offering to replace the nic, and not responding to this thread.

Unless perhaps our "trusted reviewer" with 3 whole posts constitutes their response......

Last edited:

Etown smoke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm gonna second the shit nic on the last order of mine to. It's a few months back now but it's a pinky orangey color, not peppery but definitely has more throat hit then should. I'll post a pic of my bottle in a bit once I'm back home for you guys to see.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Have a look at "trusted reviewers" 3 posts. Not exactly what I see as typical for a new member here, and they bear a certain similarity to each other. lol

Almost spammish.

Last edited:
I got my 250ml bottle of VG 100ml/100mg Nic from First Choice about a week and a half ago in September 2016. When I ordered I had some questions and they were answered promptly. I thought that the price and shipping was fair and the reviews that I read were mostly positive. The process was hassle free and it arrived fast.
My nic that I received from First Choice is,
~On a scale of 1~10. 1 being light Caramel brown and 10 being dark. It's about a 2~3 in color.
~ Virtually tasteless with max VG mix.
~ It separates easily from mix even with speed steeping
~nic ratios seem off. Other reviews said that it tested at 107℅ but my nic test kit hasn't arrived yet so I can't confirm but it's definitely higher.

I've ordered some 48mg 50/50 from Vaper BC another reputable Canadian company. I plan to do nic tests on both in the near future.

Last edited:
Have a look at "trusted reviewers" 3 posts. Not exactly what I see as typical for a new member here, and they bear a certain similarity to each other. lol

Almost spammish.

So right, not my intention. Apologies. I've been in this full tilt since July 23/2014 Zero Analog's since then but I haven't had much of a presence in this my online community. I am a researcher by nature. I am knowledgeable about the versatile tech side of mods, RDTA's, RDA's and coil's but have just recently started making my own juice. I'm doing OK so far. I have 2 successful personal recipes and have only waisted about 300ml of juice. Lol. I have some things to learn hear. If I don't know something, I try to say so. The information that I give most often has hours, months, etc of research and or personal experiences involved "In My Humble Opinion Trusted" before I voice it.
Truly. Please take everything I say with a grain of salt as one of the greatest thing about this vaping movement is that it's a large Positive Community of Personalizations directed towards Personal Health, Personal Preferences and excellent Tech and Innovations by some really great people. If I recommend a company it is strictly because I have personally delt with them and have had no issues. If I do have legitimate issues I plan on saying them as well. For example. I personally haven't had consistent great success with dashvapes or one stop vape shop. Anyways. Hope you understand.
~Jones

Last edited:

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hope you understand.

Thanks for clearing that up.

My biggest issue with Firstchoice is the deletion of negative reviews on their website. I understand that shit can happen, but fix it if it does. Don't hide it. I cannot trust any of the reviews on their website anymore to be of use in deciding what, or even if to buy, as cherry picked reviews are worse than no reviews at all. Other more ethical companies deserve my business, and I will pay more if necessary to be assured of receiving a quality product.

If they had emailed me, explaining that they had only crap nic ATM, but were expecting their regular quality nic shortly, or if they even responded to this thread to explain what happened, I might give them a second chance. There is no way that anybody could look at the orange bottle of nic they sent, and not understand that it looks different from the nic they described it to be, and what they had previously sent me. Bait and switch comes to mind.

I actually feel badly that some may have read this thread (and many read, but do not post) and made a buying decision based on recommendations made here, only to receive the same crud I did.

At this point,Firstchoice either lacks appreciation for the business of Canadian DIY types on this forum, or basic business ethics. Unless you are able to think of an alternative explanation. For that reason alone, I cannot recommend Firstchoice. To do so, would be to reward a company that is at best ambivalent toward this community, and at worst, unethical.

This forum has many times been the thin line between scammers, and our members getting ripped off. That is one of its many benefits, and strengths. We are a community that watch each other's backs here.

Last edited:

Etown smoke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Here's a couple pics of the last batch of nic I got from firstchoice
2e37796190600c55e33be95f4c70fbe8.jpg
819e9ea587bebc57851914b3cd099063.jpg

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Here's a couple pics of the last batch of nic I got from firstchoice

Looks very similar to the swill they sold me. Mine was a little oranger perhaps. I'm curious, did you submit a review to their website, and if so, when did they delete it?

For those who have never dealt with Firstchoice, their nic used to be exceptional. Perfectly clear, almost no taste, and not the peppery ashtray tea that you see in the above pics.

Fuck the bozos.

serenity219

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My adventures in DIY have gone well so far. So far I have stuck to one or two flavour recipes. All have been vapable with no mistakes. I will say that everything I have made so far tastes better to me than most of what I had purchased in the past. I have ordered more nic and flavours from Canvape which will hopefully ship on Monday. I may get more adventurous and try recipes with three or four flavours. I have not yet ordered nicotine over 48mg as I am new to this and want to learn more and gain more skill before I venture into 100mg bases.

Thank you for posting the above re: First Choice because I had considered ordering from them.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My adventures in DIY have gone well so far. So far I have stuck to one or two flavour recipes. All have been vapable with no mistakes. I will say that everything I have made so far tastes better to me than most of what I had purchased in the past. I have ordered more nic and flavours from Canvape which will hopefully ship on Monday. I may get more adventurous and try recipes with three or four flavours.

Fantastic! I agree, that DIY tastes better. To me at least. There are some really nice juices out there, but I find that 70% of the time, I vape my DIY ADV.

I just found an alternative source of food flavoring. I got some Chocolate, some cheesecake, bubble gum and cinnamon. The flavoring seems very nice, and 20Ml of it costs between $3 to 5. It also seems more concentrated than many of the flavorings I have used before.

The same place has a very good price on USP Glycerine, $8 for about 750Ml.

I never would have thought of looking at a soap maker supply store for vape flavorings, but they use the food grade flavorings and glycerine for custom soap making.

Etown smoke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's a good price for 20ml if flavors. Where from if you don't mind me asking?

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's a good price for 20ml if flavors. Where from if you don't mind me asking?

http://www.creationsfromeden.com Only open one day a week. I needed some other chemicals there, and asked about the Glycerine, and flavorings, I believe they are phasing out the flavorings, but since most custom soap makers use food grade flavoring for scenting soaps, I'm going to check out a few other soap places.

Their chocolate is very nice.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just placed an order with http://thebrokevaper.ca. Other than the whole E transfer being a pain to set up, so far it has been fairly painless as far as ordering. Ordered NicSelect, and some flavorings.

I'll report here when it arrives. The questions I asked were replied to promptly. A FAQ section on their website would be nice.

lordperth

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I get my flavors from diy-ejuice.com. Prices are fair compared to other Canadian suppliers that I know. Service and packaging is perfect. Now they have more flavors from different company and less "out of stock" :).

I get my PG from Costco. It's Medisca 0510-09 (-09 is for 1L quantity). It cost 10.29$ for 1L. It's possible to get more. Medisca also has Glycerin USP (product no: 0613) wich is from vegetable source that Medisca confirmed at phone. But it's not available from Costco.
Because of that I get my VG from coopcoco. It's from coconut source and is USP Kosher. It's cheap also, 10$ fro 1L. It can be purchased also at 4L for 30$.

The big problem is the nic base. Way too expensive here at Canada compared to US. I just placed an order for 100mg 1L from US. Now crossing fingers :).
Myself I purchased a 500ml bottle of 100mg nic in a vg base for $85 from fusionflavour.ca, my recipes use a 3% nicotine base and this bottle should last me at least a year to year and a half, they are Canadian, so no need to worry about the boarder

I make up my recipes on my phone using the e-juice lab app, best $0.99 I ever spent on the paid version and you can find like more than 50k recipes at e-liquid-recipes.com

Hope this helps

Etown smoke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm waiting for wolfs nic to arrive. I'm hoping you guys both get some good nic. You both should post up a pic once you guys get it all in cause I'm curious to see the color of your nic orders.

lordperth

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
20161113_155047.jpg
I'm waiting for wolfs nic to arrive. I'm hoping you guys both get some good nic. You both should post up a pic once you guys get it all in cause I'm curious to see the color of your nic orders.

This was the one I received from fusion flavours

20161113_155047.jpg

Etown smoke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Is it the lighting or does it have a slight orange tint to it?

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
yes, an orange tint

That is a reliable indicator that the Nic is oxidized @ 3Mg/Ml, that is not as big a pain as it is at larger concentrations, but after you have used high quality Nic, you will definitely notice it.

. Both ETown and I obtained some excellent Nic in the past, but the orange stuff is just awful in comparison. It becomes very onerous if you are making certain flavors.

lordperth

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That is a reliable indicator that the Nic is oxidized @ 3Mg/Ml, that is not as big a pain as it is at larger concentrations, but after you have used high quality Nic, you will definitely notice it.

. Both ETown and I obtained some excellent Nic in the past, but the orange stuff is just awful in comparison. It becomes very onerous if you are making certain flavors.
Good to know, thanks, and mine is a 100mg/ml

VU Sponsors