Become a Patron!

DIY juice HELP!

Hey guys I have been vaping for some time now but I have only vaped on 1 flavor, vanilla.
I make my vanilla flavor by adding 3 drops of pure vanilla extract into 10ml 100% Vg it tastes good my friends think so too but I need more flavors to choose from so I went down to the store and picked up some pure peppermint and orange extract the ingredients in both are almost identical they both have 85% alcohol and Orange oil and peppermint oil, so now my MAIN question is can I add the same amount of the Orange and peppermint into my 100% Vg like I did with my vanilla extract plz help thx

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I would advise you to not do this. Anything with "oil" in it is thought to be bad to vape.
There are several venders here that sell flavor that is less dangers than what you buy at food store.
Most sell for very little cost.
P.S.
Welcome to the VU, read post in the DIY sub-forums, Please.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes there is a big difference between flavor oils and alcohol based flavor extracts...I know it sounds silly but there can be underlying ingredients from the process used to make or extract the flavors from their sources. If you like to keep things pg free from the sounds of it there should be more than one reference in the DIY section to DIY flavor venders that sell non pg based flavorings that are much safer to use in e-liquid.

Everything we use is food grade flavoring meant to be eaten that we repurpose for vaping, some extracts however are better to use than others since there aren't long long term studies on them done because we're still working on the years that vaping has been around to collect more data...in the mean time it's best to stay with what is known to be the best used for vaping. I use all pg based flavoring because PG carries flavor better and blends better overall because it is thinner...the same goes for nic. You will be able to mix and blend an e-liquid with PG based nicotine than VG as if you don't constantly stir or shake it on a regular basis the nicotine can separate and settle in a layer separate from the VG.

I used to mix 70pg/30vg for everything because there is not much difference cloud wise between that and an even 50/50 and the old cartos and clearos we used needed a much thinner liquid to feed and work properly. Now I mainly use just the PG in my flavor and nic for the pg side of things and then use plain VG for the bulk of the mixture and maybe add a drop or two of PG if I am going to use it in a tank, but still mainly just max VG is as much as possible. Using PG for flavor and Nic will give you a better mix I've found and still keep it's level in the mixture fairly low

so if you don't have an allergy to PG which is actually quite a rare thing to have then mixing the way I do might be something to consider. Also, downloading an e-liquid calculator like "E-juice Me Up" is something any person attempting DIY to have if you don't have one already. I've used several and this one is my favorite and has plenty of special features and is free and has online support from another vapor and mod maker that created it. It's pretty simple and straight forward as well.

Just something to keep in mind...and like the others said...look of the threads in the DIY section, you should find more detailed answers to what we've said and the logic and reasoning behind them....wishing you the best of luck mixing and happy vaping :)

VU Sponsors