Become a Patron!

Diy juice makes my teeth feel dirty?

SpaceCadet

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
When I vape my DIY, it often makes my teeth feel like I haven't cleaned them for days. I only use about 8% flavoring and let it steep at least two weeks. Could it be the Nic I'm using or mabe some kind of PH unbalance? Right now I'm vaping TFA RY4 Double 8% in Nic and nothing else and my mouth feels like it's filthy inside. Weird.

indian ocean steamcloud

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well that doesn't sound pleasant AT ALL.:eek:
I've not experienced anything like that. I guess there's lots of questions that could help narrow down a cause. Does it happen with store bought juice too? Does it happen if you vape your nic unflavored? Is it only with the RY4? (I assume you would know if you are sensitive to PG or VG?) Is your pg/vg USP grade? Do you use saline or any other additives (AP,citric/malic acid)? Where do you get your nic? Lots of sweetener added?
Nothing really constructive there but details always help.:)

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I vape my DIY, it often makes my teeth feel like I haven't cleaned them for days. I only use about 8% flavoring and let it steep at least two weeks. Could it be the Nic I'm using or mabe some kind of PH unbalance? Right now I'm vaping TFA RY4 Double 8% in Nic and nothing else and my mouth feels like it's filthy inside. Weird.
That sounds liike a question a space cadet would come up with :D

Joking,, but really Ive never heard that before. Question: Are you an ex smoker or did you just take up vaping for some other reason? Was thinking you may not be used to the VG intake and it could be coating your teeth. Could it possibly be that your using High VG and your cloud chasing ?

Just thinking out loud here. I have no idea. It doesnt happen to me.

There is no difference in you mixing it yourself and the other hundreds of juice buisnesses that do the same thing. A hamburger is a hamburger whether you make it yourself or wendys makes it. Its just that yours will tase better if you know what your doing. ;)

EDIT: Just noticed this was posted in the recipies section. Can someone move this please ?

Last edited:

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I never heard of a juice that makes your mouth feel clean so i wouldn't worry about it , if you don't have a toothbrush on hand i'd worry about it though.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If you use saline, keep an eye on your coils. I've read where several people, including myself, experienced gunking and troubles with coils. I had to scrap those sooner than I had before.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
naw that is a case of zombie tongue..

try eating something spicy, brush, use your mouth wash..
new juice flavor, preferably mint, cinnamon..

give it a day or so.. ;) you will feel better..

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vaping gives me dry mouth that can make teeth feel icky. Some juices more than others but I think it has more to do with PG/VG ratio than flavor. I really don't know though.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Vaping gives me dry mouth that can make teeth feel icky. Some juices more than others but I think it has more to do with PG/VG ratio than flavor. I really don't know though.

test it out, Time.. ;) keep notes.. that way you can understand how you react to those types of juices

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You might want to get your stomach checked. If you have ulcers or acid reflux, stuff from your stomach finds its way to your mouth and feeds bacteria there. If you vape high VG juices, it feeds the bacteria like crazy and they make sticky shit on your teeth. I'm not making this up, it's my gastroenterologist who told me that when I mentioned vaping made my teeth sticky (as in, genuinely, jaw-locking sticky).

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Mouth ulcers can be common for a bit after stopping cigarettes, too.

Sent from my stupid iPhone because I don't have an Android.

SpaceCadet

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
TIME said it right when he said "teeth feel icky." Yes that's what I get. I've been vaping for two and half years and have no problems like this with juice I buy. Just the stuff I make. Seems to be more common with Tobaccos like the RY4 Double, DK Tab, Black honey etc. Come to think of it these are all artificial, and juices I buy are mostly extracts. I have allergies to food additives, maybe that's why the reaction to artificial Tobaccos.
Anyway, people ask for more info - I use around 8%, often 1-2 flavors, no alcohol or saline. I Mix at 80%PG because VG seems to have same effect on me as PG on some people so I can't use too much. Maybe it's all allergy based which would be a bummer.

VU Sponsors