Become a Patron!

Diy mixing problems

Shanedixon

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hi guys made a few hackshots up from drip hacks recipes where spot on with the right percentages etc all good high quality pg,vg,nic the juices tange from 70-30/80-20 with 2mg nic iv found not with all though that they taste a bit chemically is this normal? i know they need to steep there only 1 day old but just want to make sure this is normal and after steeping they will sort themselves out ?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Depends on brands, and specific flavors. Some are like that, while others are good either right away, or after a few days. Sometimes longer. At least, that's my experience.

Shanedixon

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I went by the recommended percentages so this is normal then ? I only made them yesterday

Shanedixon

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If it is too much concentrate would adding more vg work ? I definately mixed the exact amounts up and used there recommended % flavourings some of them need a 6-10 week steep though the fruity flavours taste ok right away no chemical taste and used same nic vg and pg etc

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Adding more VG will lower the flavor concentration, but will also lower the nic and change the PG/VG ratio.

Let it steep first before doing anything else.

Last edited:

Shanedixon

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yer thats what i will do aslong as this is notmal and theres not something wrong with the juice i bought thats all i was asking

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
As said before, most fruity vapes are pretty much shake and vape, bakery, dessert vapes with creams or custards are usually gonna need anywhere from a few days to a couple of months steeping to really taste right.

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just FYI... the recommended % are just a ball park range... You could actually need to mix higher or lower than any given percentage. From the sound of things, as the other poster said, yours are probably too high.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also if a recipe calls for a specific flavor and you substitute it for the same flavor of another manufacturer, you would have to adjust the flavor amount.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I went by the recommended percentages so this is normal then ? I only made them yesterday
I always start with 50% of the recommended %. At least the first time I use a juice. I tend to end up using the recommended % or higher or lower number. And that final % can be different for each juice recipe mixed.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Vapin-Dave

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just wondering if a person's palette comes into play here as well? Some can't taste certain flavours as well as others can. Also from what I've been reading some people have much more sensitive palettes and can taste flavours at lower percentages than others. I personally find that after a period of mixing and tasting various juices many of the flavours seem to be slightly muted. I think sometimes you're nose and tongue just need a break. ;)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I personally find that after a period of mixing and tasting various juices many of the flavours seem to be slightly muted. I think sometimes you're nose and tongue just need a break.
This happens to me, too. If I try and sample several in a short time, can't taste 'em. I'll generally sample maybe 2 at a time, because of it.

VU Sponsors