Become a Patron!

DIY Mountain Dew

Kemosabe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
every single mountain dew ejuice i get from vendors is good. they all vary slightly, but i have yet to purchase a mtn dew ejuice that i didnt like. however, when i go to make my own, i fall flat on my face.

i have TFA Mtn Dew and FW Mtn Dew. i cant get either of them to taste like the multiple vendors' mtn dews ive tried. the TFA one is closer to being good than the FW. but my mixes always seem to either taste stale, or be too high or too low on %, plus i cant seem to settle on how much sweetener to use.

does anyone have a good mixing % and/or recipe for TFA Mtn Dew that might help me? i use RDAs mostly, sometimes RTAs. just tossing that bit out there bc i know the juice delivery system a lot of times affects flavor.

TIA!

Personally I add a little totally wickeds ginger flavor, idk if they rebranded another companies flavor or not but at least for me it added a little something that I personally felt it was lacking. But yes I normally put a little sour in aswell but normally not any sweetener

Tempus fugit "ignorance is bliss Rick, when tis folly to be wise"

Kemosabe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Personally I add a little totally wickeds ginger flavor, idk if they rebranded another companies flavor or not but at least for me it added a little something that I personally felt it was lacking. But yes I normally put a little sour in aswell but normally not any sweetener

Tempus fugit "ignorance is bliss Rick, when tis folly to be wise"

i like that advice. thanks. on another forum, cola was recommended in a Dew recipe. i bet both the cola and/or ginger would get at the same or similar result. gotta think outside the box i guess! strange how Mtn Dew flavor wouldnt already have a ginger or cola note to it to make it authentic straight from the mail. oh well. glad to have tips like this to get me there. much appreciated. how much ginger do you use? im guessing somewhere in the 2% range?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
it depends if you want a ginger ting or bubbles..

if ginger.. I'd use 1-3%
if cola syrup (tfa) around 5%

you can combine those 2 with 8% Mt Dew (citrus punch)

and use the sweetener and sour..

it just depends on how you want to do it..

add in some blueberry and grape fruit for a baja effect..

Kemosabe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
it depends if you want a ginger ting or bubbles..

if ginger.. I'd use 1-3%
if cola syrup (tfa) around 5%

you can combine those 2 with 8% Mt Dew (citrus punch)

and use the sweetener and sour..

it just depends on how you want to do it..

add in some blueberry and grape fruit for a baja effect..

Thanks again, SB! much appreciated.

Kemosabe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
update: ive settled on Killer Flavors' Citrus Dew (now called Mtn Dew). its created all naturally, which is impressive to me. but whats best is that its essentially a "shake-n-vape" process. just 15% dew flavoring into your preferred nic% and vg/pg ratio base and boom youre done. as it turns out, im terrible at tweaking recipes that need a little TLC and give up easily if its not super simple and straightforward.

the company name is Killer Juice and theres a DIY "kitchen" section for Killer Flavors. they now also have VG based flavors that i am excited to try as ive become big into VG-heavy juice. also, the Baja is an awesome Dew variant for anyone interested. very very pleased with Killer Flavorings/Juice.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
update: ive settled on Killer Flavors' Citrus Dew (now called Mtn Dew). its created all naturally, which is impressive to me. but whats best is that its essentially a "shake-n-vape" process. just 15% dew flavoring into your preferred nic% and vg/pg ratio base and boom youre done. as it turns out, im terrible at tweaking recipes that need a little TLC and give up easily if its not super simple and straightforward.

the company name is Killer Juice and theres a DIY "kitchen" section for Killer Flavors. they now also have VG based flavors that i am excited to try as ive become big into VG-heavy juice. also, the Baja is an awesome Dew variant for anyone interested. very very pleased with Killer Flavorings/Juice.

Either that is a juice.. or.... they are hiding it rather well.. ;)

http://www.killerflavors.com/

link in case anyone wants to explore said flavorings..

Kemosabe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
good call Smokey Blue. hadnt realized the web address was different for the flavors vs the juice from Killer.

VU Sponsors