DIY Nic Salts.

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid - Recipes' started by FrostyMtl, May 12, 2017.

1. Mc viper

Mc viper New Member

Blog Posts:
    BA is also called E210 and it's a food preservative.

2. Adil DADA

Adil DADA New Member

Blog Posts:
    Can we fucin stop disxussing politics here?

3. pulsevape

pulsevape Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    you can....as far as I know the rest of us are free to do whatever the fuck we want.

4. GT_1955

GT_1955 Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    If you have access to scales that measure to 0.01g, then mixing BA into your nic base is the preferred method given that you probably need to heat it for it to dissolve completely. Note that when I received my BA from eBay, it had a bit of a smell to it, and even once mixed into the nic base it did so. I let it breathe for a couple of days before use, and I couldn't smell or taste it by then.

Because by adding BA to nic you are creating a new compound (?) ... nicotine benzoate ... then it shouldn't oxidise after that, but I would always mix up only enough for the forseeable future.

5. rainmakr

rainmakr New Member

Blog Posts:
    After reading this entire fascinating thread I was all set to convert my 50mL of 100mg/mL PG freebase in my freezer.. I was going to dissolve 3.75g (.75x5g) of BA in 50mL of warm VG, then mix it with the 50mL of my PG freebase. This would give me 100mL of 50/50 50mg/ml nic salt...? This way I avoid having to heat my nic averting degradation. Or can I just add the 3.75 BA to my freebase, shake it good until the BA dissolves and call it a day.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017 at 11:11 PM
  6. GT_1955

GT_1955 Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    If you have read the patent, you'll see that JUUL used heat to fully dissolve the BA and so I have never tried dissolving the BA without heat ... but you can always try it ;) In the original mix I made, I dissolved my acid powder (in that case, citric acid) in heated VG then mixed that with my nic base and kept that at 55/60C for a 1/2 hour or so.

Please keep us informed how effective your method is, if you go that way ;)

7. Mc viper

Mc viper New Member

Blog Posts:
    Hello everyone!
    Last week I received the BA. Mine is slightly perfumed , I ordered it in a pharmacy. I joined it to PG and warmed up. It took less than 5 minutes to dissolve. I then combined it with the free base nicotine solution to obtain a concentration of 36 mg / ml. I then put the liquid in a kayfun mini, setting the power to 7w. I must say that despite the rather high strength of nicotine, it is very smooth for the throat. In less than 2 minutes I perceived the nicotinic buzz, both in the brain and at the physical level, much more satisfying than the usual free base nicotine. After a week I use it (20/30 puff per day) I did not find any problem.
    Thanks to all the members of this thread who introduced me to a product that otherwise I could never find in Italy.

8. mkasera

mkasera New Member

Blog Posts:
    I'm curious about the benzoic acid everyone is using. How pure is it?

USP grade BA from a pharma company is pretty expensive.

9. Mc viper

Mc viper New Member

Blog Posts:
    I paid it €4 for 100g but I don't know how pure it is... I bought it in a pharmacy.

10. mkasera

mkasera New Member

Blog Posts:
  11. Mc viper

Mc viper New Member

Blog Posts:
  12. mkasera

mkasera New Member

Blog Posts:
    Does my nic have to be fresh? What if it is already partially oxidized? Will the reaction still happen?