Become a Patron!

DIY squonk bottle refill thingy!

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi VU squonkers!
A little downtime and some spare parts had me thinking this evening, so I smashed out a fairly easy DIY bottle refill kit and though I'd share!
Parts are from the fat daddy vapes ultimate squonk bottle kit & a varitube manual-adjusting insulator.
youll need the cap, little metal extension piece and a garbage can to throw everything else in the bottle kit away (seriously).
oC0xl3N.jpg

Now thread the thing onto the thing....
E9zMk6F.jpg

Then press the varitube thing onto the assembled things. The smooth metal tube will friction-seal inside the varitube insulator when you press them together and will stop once it reaches the threads
B8f3FeG.jpg

Knock that little sucker onto a bottle and BAM!
c5EtuM2.jpg

Seals perfectly, no leaks! The varitube insulator is 510 threaded and made from peek so it won't jack your 510 threads either.
oz9ewfa.jpg

As an added bonus, if you have a good length of tubing, the FDV metal cap has a pin on the underside for a feed tube. Run a tube from that to a large bottle and you have yourself a little squonker refill pumping station! Yay!
My pictured example is pretty poor but it's all the tubing and bottles I had handy lol
5EfuKUi.jpg

And there you have it! Fairly simple and quite effective! Thanks for checking it out!!!

Whiskeywarrior

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok I might be a little bit confused with this. How is this easier than just taking the bottle out and filling it. It seems like it would airlock like crazy. Unless it's just something you wanted to buy and fiddle with for fun.

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Love it - just happen to have a FD conversion kit gathering dust

Quick question - how do you displace the air?

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Turn the device upside down when filling so the tube isn't submerged, give it a "dry" squonk to push the air out and then squeeze the larger fill bottle to fill.
I've also used it by just flipping the device over so the tube isn't submerged and started squeezing. Takes a few smaller squeezes to fill the bottle but it's really not much air displaced and both ends should be sealed so you won't get anything leaking out from pressure.

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok I might be a little bit confused with this. How is this easier than just taking the bottle out and filling it. It seems like it would airlock like crazy. Unless it's just something you wanted to buy and fiddle with for fun.

It's absolutely pointless! maybe if you had a bunch of squonkers but only a couple of atties?
This was just my comical answer to the $30 Italian supersoft 30ml refill bottle and a little DIY fun because I like to tinker :D
You could use it as a sweet dripping setup too! LOL
"James, pass me the nozzle, I wish to vape now"

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
With few exceptions (Orca for sure) I find my squonkers wit the soft Italian bottles a PITA to take out to refill

Uncle Kojak

Member For 4 Years

Re-filling a supersoft bottle and inserting it into a mod is a tricky thing to do without spillage, I've tried and I can't do it. I'm talking about a proper supersoft bottle, not the cheap knock-offs made from rigid plastic. The bottles are unbelivably soft which is great when your squonking, but a pain in the ass when they need to be re-filled, the lightest touch sends eliquid everywhere, the best solution is to leave the bottle in place and fill it through the 510 connection like in the OP.

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ingenious idea man. Save some cash and get to fiddle with shit and kill time. Love it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
does anyone have the photos from this? I can probably just follow the text but it would be nice to have visuals

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
does anyone have the photos from this? I can probably just follow the text but it would be nice to have visuals
I've got a refill bottle I made at home I'll post a pic when I get there after work.i made mine with an empty 30ml bottle ,and the old ego chargers for 510 connection

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is the 510 connector from an ego style charger. Just take the charger apart and salvage the male portion. Clip the wires and push the pin out of the grommet. Then it fit directly onto a 30ml bottle spout.ill see if I can find the original I got the idea from.
d978b6af2056a5c46d16e3e5fdeab40d.jpg
71652fbd8d26593ed04dac890b9dade1.jpg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Google diy squonk refill bottle and it's the first link. Actually in Tapatalk. Just can't figure out how to link it here. Hope this helps

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
this helps, I think i got it. I also want to find a way to attach a hose on the inside of the bottle like mod makers does.

VU Sponsors