Become a Patron!

Diy vape filter

So resently I found a companie on Instagram that makes mods with a filter that you blow into that gets rid of all the vapor. Basically it's great for steath vaping. http://www.cloudkillermods.com
Basically they run for like almost $400 dollars I was wonding if anyone has tried to make some sort of a filter and what u used to make it? Let me know what you guys have done I'm going to try some different fowm miterals and see if I can make something descent.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So resently I found a companie on Instagram that makes mods with a filter that you blow into that gets rid of all the vapor. Basically it's great for steath vaping. http://www.cloudkillermods.com
Basically they run for like almost $400 dollars I was wonding if anyone has tried to make some sort of a filter and what u used to make it? Let me know what you guys have done I'm going to try some different fowm miterals and see if I can make something descent.

Hey, Bluejayvapes! Welcome to the Vaping Underground forum and family. Please look around as you make yourself at home. You'll find lots of friendly people and more information on vaping than you ever thought possible

You'll also find many experienced vapers here, the majority of which will speak their mod to direst you to the better products and warn you away from those which aren't so good.

That said, the filter is just stupid and insanely (and unnecessarily) expensive. You absolutely DO NOT have to spend $400 to get a good vape.

Wishing you the best!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
There's a tagline in their ad that reminds me of the phrase Rip Trippers uses.

I ain't spendin' no $400 on a mod with a filter. Stealth vaping is too easy for that.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The people that are into "dry herbs" (we don't make drug references here) have come up with filters like you describe, and they're all of $5-10.

Welcome to VU! Don't spend $400 on that thing! We'll be glad to help you find something better and cheaper.

fat fingered flubs courtesy dumb mobile phone

MorpheusPA

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Filtration systems should be ridiculously cheap. A tiny HEPA filter and a carbon pre-filter to absorb the scent should do very well.

Now locating a HEPA that size could be a bit of a challenge...

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Filtration systems should be ridiculously cheap. A tiny HEPA filter and a carbon pre-filter to absorb the scent should do very well.

Now locating a HEPA that size could be a bit of a challenge...

One might as why anyone would want to filter vapor anyway? It's pretty nice stuff and we can tailor it to soit our personal comfort levels with regard to richness and throat hit. :)

MorpheusPA

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
One might as why anyone would want to filter vapor anyway? It's pretty nice stuff and we can tailor it to soit our personal comfort levels with regard to richness and throat hit. :)

I think they mean a post-hit filter to absorb the remaining vapor and render it completely stealth.

MorpheusPA

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes, but there alternatives to third-party devices (or any devices) that will accomplish the same thing. :)

Sure! I could whack one together in a few hours and a trip to Home Depot. :)

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sure! I could whack one together in a few hours and a trip to Home Depot. :)

No, I meant high PPG liquids that produce far less vapor and simply holding one's breath for a few seconds will eliminate it completely in situations that require complete stealth. I would've typed it out previously but it's been said so many times before. Is that a song lyric? :)

MorpheusPA

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That, too! I personally prefer a mixed liquid (I DIY and use about 55% VG). But if I wanted to stealth it, I'd go with 100% PG.

Even high VG liquids lose most of their vapor if held long enough. I just checked mine and 99% of the vapor is gone if I hold my breath for ten seconds.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That, too! I personally prefer a mixed liquid (I DIY and use about 55% VG). But if I wanted to stealth it, I'd go with 100% PG.

Even high VG liquids lose most of their vapor if held long enough. I just checked mine and 99% of the vapor is gone if I hold my breath for ten seconds.

Good for you! DIY makes it more fun anyway.

And with your knowledge, you can skip that trip to Home Depot! :)

VU Sponsors