Become a Patron!

DNA 200/Crown 3 coil/ resistance problems?

siebert.brian

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Is this a problem ? I'm using a dna 200 with uwell crown 3 .5 coil. In tc mode I've locked resistance and the resistance still fluctates +/- .1-.2 ohms. It does the same in tc mode without the ohms locked. It does the same in regular power mode/non tc. Is this normal and should the display show the ohms fluctuate while the resistance is locked and in tc mode ?

siebert.brian

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
now after locking the coil resistance it is displaying the ohms i locked it in at without any change while firing the mod. before when i locked in the resistance the ohms displayed would fluctuate when firing the mod . ???? DNA 200 / Uwell Crown 3 / .5 sus316 coil / tc mode preset ss316 / 80w / 560°f

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
you don't need to lock resistance on a DNA mod, those coils are bad at temp control, and the resistance is supposed to up as they are SS and some other unknown metal

siebert.brian

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
i think my mod is messing up . sometimes i lock in the resistance and it doesn't change , other times it changes .1 ohms when firing and such . same coil, tank, everything except the performance. i tried not locking it just thought that since the coil would jump from .53 to .69 that the drastic fluctuation could use the resistance lock . i do vape it in power mode mostly .

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
i think my mod is messing up . sometimes i lock in the resistance and it doesn't change , other times it changes .1 ohms when firing and such . same coil, tank, everything except the performance. i tried not locking it just thought that since the coil would jump from .53 to .69 that the drastic fluctuation could use the resistance lock . i do vape it in power mode mostly .
it's the crown coils. not the device. they clearly aren't full SS wire. resistance jumps too much for that

VU Sponsors