Become a Patron!

DNA 200 Regulated Box Mods built in battery

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I see most DNA 200s have up to a whopping 50-55amps and 7v or something. I assume this is an adjustable feathure, but is it a good idea for somebody who can afford one, absolutely cannot stand handling so many 18650 batteries, and the market is frustrating as well. I want a Lavabox Blood Red Edition, and I'm getting it online now in an order. I have Windows 10 (does it work for Windows 10 or only other versions?) I also have a more important question: If I can get past the fact that the internal batteries aren't lasting too long, is this a good choice for vaping under .3ohms. I usually Vape at .2ohms so the power included is fine for this. Will this be the last one I'm going to need to buy? I don't like The Laisimo L!, which I own, and I have the Sigelei Fuchai "200W" box mod. I don't use TC and never stray from wattage mode. I like Clapton coils for taste, though. If I don't want a touch screen, am happy holding a Lavabox, don't mind the battery life, and hope the software is Windows 10 compatible because I'd love it. I'm looking for a Solution to VTC4 batteries and batteries for .2ohms or .15ohm prebuilt but still, the LG HG2 or HB2 pairs have their insulator wrap torn easily from installing into mods, chargers, etc. I just want the power. Any thoughts or if you think this is the best way for me to go then please, I'd love feedback.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This mod can go down to at least 0.05ohm, if not lower, but it will restrict your wattage, though you're not likely to care (I believe at 0.05ohm it was capable of delivering 125W). If you're all about power and don't care too much for TC, then this mod will suit you well. It should be able to supply a full 200W down to 0.08ohm, so with your 0.2ohm coils, you will have nothing to worry about (except battery life obviously). I do believe it is compatible with Windows 10 as well.

http://www.evolvapor.com/datasheet/dna200.pdf

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Most of the DNA200 box mods have a LiPo battery, which has an advantage over 18650 batteries. They are lighter and charge much faster.

cloudsbroclouds

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
lipos also have lower internal resistance and can be removed to charge at full 1c rates on an rc charger with compatible leads.

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm waiting for the DNA 200 mods (my Hcigar is going to be replaced by a Lavabox Blood Red with the separate battery pack that is a bit more reasonable as far as mAH and perhaps it's ready for future updates to the chipset which increase the amperage when the time comes when it's needed. DNA 200 mods are for temp control so far. I think they'll have much easier ways to set different coils and improve the VW mode because I went back to battery simple mods to blast out clouds without anything softwate but my july 4th Wismec update but I don't know what it updated on the device. It was fine already except the old model has 250W now updated so I hope it does that type of thing just for the heck of it. And I know it's possible to hit 190W with my 3 HB4s. RX200S version ramps up nicely but I'm looking at the IPV6 and gonna see how it is for people before I but it. I need the instant vape blast which seems to be a trend that's disapprearing. Its a pulse of instant blast I duuno but my Laisimo L1 actually is fantastic with performance just too odd and not ergonomic. But it's instant. DNA 200 chip mods are still prototypes if they don't have much simple Kanthal oprions for stainless coils that aren't for TC. It didn't understand that when I used the Steam Engine tank on it. Apparently from everything. first hand experience, word of mouth, techies' info, and the like, 26 amps are the absolute maximum current power needed but 25 amps is becoming the minimum amperage for newer awesome subohmtanks of regulated box mods which I love. LG HD2 Barney Dinosaur Purple 18650s are 25amps continuous and 2000mAH opposed to 1500mAH of my LG HB4 cells which are TRUE 30amp variable voltage powerhouse blasters if needed and definitely is going to be authentic but only lion whole sale doesn't sell them yet. the LG HB2s are a joke with 22 amps or so and 1500mAH. And LG claims they're 30amps. but it's proven to be a mistake or wrong spec sheet. HB6's are really catered toward mech modes. I wouldn't trust any site at all even the old trust worthies I shop at. I heard Sony wants no vapor retailers selling their 18650s as of right now. So I have a few, Prefer the HB4s for my regulated mods. IMRBATTERIES is my favorite. I charge my batteries via usb in my PC and don't care what is not cool about it. The option to use the usb charge wouldn't be a feature is it was dangerous. Batteris are 5 bucks and LG new line of high amp cells aren't going anywhere and are made for us vapers. Peace

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think the PC or Mac USB is safe to charge all things but they should make the devices just use the amount needed and not be affected by extra charging speeds. I don't think it'll break my wismec and don't care about the longevity of 5 dollar batteries if they remain as long lasting as the used to after a few months as far as I can tell it's a success .

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My lipo powered DNAs tend to hit harder than their 18650 powered counterparts.
Most people won't tell the difference.
Depends on vaping style and profile settings too.
The 900mah 3S pack that's popular drains fast.
That's why my Vaporshark is preferred because it can charge at 2A instead of 1A...
And it's really compact but packs a punch.

VU Sponsors