Become a Patron!

DNA 200 vs Hexohm

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
whatever you want. the DNA is popular because the temp control is awesome. If you want something simple for wattage a hexohm V3 is a great choice. can't go wrong with either, depends on what you want. they are 2 very different mods

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Tricky this one for sure, both are great choices

Guess I would ask myself do I want a Variable Voltage only mod that does its jobs really well looks the business

Or

A device that will offer the full suit including temp control

If you aren't into all the fancy stuff go for the hexohm plus you'll have better after sale support on it

If you are into customising temp curves playing around with settings, dropping in and out of wattage mode/temp mode, customising screens go for the DNA (250) or (167 for dual battery) or (75c) for single battery the DNA chips are in loads of different devices out there from different manufacturers some better than others ;)

If it helps I landed on the latter :) still want to get a hexohm though

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Neither!

OMG the blasphamy

Find a modder with a good reputation and have them build you a custom dna or a custom pwm or a smart pwm or a ipwm.
WHATS pwm
its basically what the hexohm does
and it works the same way as the hexowm

WHY
If you go custom dna its the same idea as any DNA, but you can customize the look and cells
if you go PWM -you will get the hexohm for about the same price. OR you can get even more features like an LED to tell you the battery and output voltage etc
pwm technology has been around since before vaping it will be around regardless of the FDA and governments so replacement boards will be around
replacement parts are basic electronic parts. it will use nothing proprietary save the 510s which rarely go bad and even if vaping goies underground you can always remove the 510 from an old broken mod if you need another one down the road ANd while the PWM board you choose may be proprietary - most can last a decade or more and PWM is PWM just how silent and did they add any fancy features like an LED reverse polarity etc

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE WARRANTY
well the warranty on any DNA mod is nothing in the long run
the board is warranted
hexowm is great about warranties
but I will just say this
PROVAPE
they are gone
hexohm may be gone or may be around forever- who knows
same for evolve

a good modder that you buy from with a good reputation will take care of you as well- even if 5 years form now they are not modding and you contact them, I bet they find a way to help you - even if it is referring you to someone else. You can build a personal 1 on 1 relationship with a person not a company.
but most if not all of the internals of a pwm mod you can self service with a little patience, research and a soldering iron.
now everything I said about PWM can also be said for a hexohm - the difference is customization. what if you want the idea of a hexohm with a 4s lipo or with a design they dont offer, or an LED to tell you the battery voltage or you want it to be a squonker, etc etc
IF the hexohm is PERFECT THE WAY IT IS for you awesome - grab one. you or someone can repair it for life and it should not need much repairs.

BUt just like kingpin said if you need TC get a DNA
if you just use power mode go hexohm/pwm

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Neither!

OMG the blasphamy

Find a modder with a good reputation and have them build you a custom dna or a custom pwm or a smart pwm or a ipwm.
WHATS pwm

WHY
If you go custom dna its the same idea as any DNA, but you can customize the look and cells
if you go PWM -you will get the hexohm for about the same price. OR you can get even more features like an LED to tell you the battery and output voltage etc
pwm technology has been around since before vaping it will be around regardless of the FDA and governments so replacement boards will be around
replacement parts are basic electronic parts. it will use nothing proprietary save the 510s which rarely go bad and even if vaping goies underground you can always remove the 510 from an old broken mod if you need another one down the road ANd while the PWM board you choose may be proprietary - most can last a decade or more and PWM is PWM just how silent and did they add any fancy features like an LED reverse polarity etc

the board is warranted
but I will just say this
PROVAPE
they are gone
same for evolve

a good modder that you buy from with a good reputation will take care of you as well- even if 5 years form now they are not modding and you contact them, I bet they find a way to help you - even if it is referring you to someone else. You can build a personal 1 on 1 relationship with a person not a company.
but most if not all of the internals of a pwm mod you can self service with a little patience, research and a soldering iron.
now everything I said about PWM can also be said for a hexohm - the difference is customization. what if you want the idea of a hexohm with a 4s lipo or with a design they dont offer, or an LED to tell you the battery voltage or you want it to be a squonker, etc etc
IF the hexohm is PERFECT THE WAY IT IS for you awesome - grab one. you or someone can repair it for life and it should not need much repairs.

Hexohm V3 is regulated, PWM is not. makes a huge difference for people not aware of safety. Not saying OP isn't but suggesting an unregulated mod to someone looking for a regulated mod isn't the best idea. With that said I love my PWM mod but like any chip, it can still fail and need to be replaced. PWM custom mods also cost similar to the hexohm but very few have a decent warranty. Hexohm is lifetime warranty and They've been in the game long enough to know they aren't going anywhere. meanwhile many custom mod builders come and go all the time. I personally have 2 unregulated box mods with "lifetime warranties" 1 that retailed at 100 and the other at 150, Both companies aren't even around anymore really. If i had to reply on them to fix it, i would be screwed lol

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
All true @Mattp169 ^^ although the initial trade off is cost for the premium custom device. You will need to fork more for it due to the fact they are bespoke peices

If you have the cash to do this it's certainly worth looking into, although understandably not everyone can afford it just to stay away from the stinkies

Also something else to take into consideration is a certain amount of knowledge regarding what components you want to use and how to handle it is needed although any good modder worth using should take the time to go through everything and explain differences etc with you just be aware not all modders out there equally awesome in this regard :)

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
which one should i choose and why?

I like and own both types of mods you are referring too. I love my Hexohm. Fantastic, simple, well built mod that vapes great. DNA's in my opinion are for people that are into TC. Yes, you can use it in power mode only but it's on the expensive side for that. There are plenty of other mods that will do a great job in power mode that are not as expensive. There is also the learning curve to consider when buying a DNA. it has a software suite to it that allows you to really customize your vape. Its called Escribe. It's not necessary to hook it up to a computer and use Escribe but if you want the most performance out of a DNA I would highly recommend it. The learning curve for Escribe is not that steep but it is there. I did a few reviews on a couple of DNA mods I own as well as the Hexohm V3. Here they are.

Lost Vape Therion
https://www.vapinginsider.com/lost-vape-therion-166-review/

Lost Vape Triade
https://www.vapinginsider.com/lost-vape-triade-review/

Craving Vapor Hexohm V3
https://www.vapinginsider.com/hexohm-v3-box-mod-review/

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
@SirRichardRear please show me your evidence to say the hexowm is regulated and not pwm. Im not saying it is pwm. but the 2.1 was okl similar to pwm and the v3 simply says proprietary not regulated. it may well be a custom pwm or custom okl we dont know what tech it is base doff of form the website
I would not say any hexohm is REGULATED as the way an IPV or dna is. but it depends on your definition of regulated
IN FACT based on their specs I say it is not regulated
since it goes to max 6v has a max amp load of 30 and a max watts of 180 and a recommended minimum resistance of .2
which throw all those numbers in to OHMS law they work
where as you throw those numbers into Watts law and it dont work.

I am guessing the 3.0 is a custom okl setup personally

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
@SirRichardRear please show me your evidence to say the hexowm is regulated and not pwm. Im not saying it is pwm. but the 2.1 was okl similar to pwm and the v3 simply says proprietary not regulated. it may well be a custom pwm or custom okl we dont know what tech it is base doff of form the website
I would not say any hexohm is REGULATED as the way an IPV or dna is. but it depends on your definition of regulated
since it goes to max 6v has a max amp load of 30 and a max watts of 180 and a recommended minimum resistance of .2

watch my review. i would post it here to save you time but you like to get all pissy with the rest of your crew so do the research yourself. Since you clearly don't know what you are saying, i'd suggest not giving advice to new people trying to learn. Go back to VTT and bitch about these forums all day like you normally do.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Amen Richard
gJMfETr.gif

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
ahh exactly have no clue what you are talking about @SirRichardRear but i shall look up your review to see your evidence
of course you don't why don't you consult the knowledge pool of BAM over at VTT since they are the vaping gods in their own minds. Or are they too busy still bitching about me and jack doing reviews. the obsession with is over there is flat out unhealthy. and yes I also seen your threads conspiring to start shit over here with the "i hate review spam" threads you come over and make. the admins just make you the patsy cause they can't do it themselves. Yeha i was invited there, took one look at the forum and noped the fuck out of there. You should just stick to that one it suits you better

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
@Dwiputra

My apologies for trying to point out an alternative device for you to consider that will act very similar to one of the 2 you were asking about. That was a mistake because this has now turned into the bash Matt show. So I will step out and let the true masters of all knowledge here help you out.
@SirRichardRear and @Whiskey you are destroying our community with your juvenile petty antics and I am trying not to get pulled into it. I am here trying to help people as I know anthony does try but we do not necessarily see eye to eye.

Also vapingtechtalk.com is another forum I use, I rant there about people here at times with others who have been driven from this community because of how some of the cliques on here treat people. I refuse to stop trying to help. Because vaping is saving lives and its something that does require some help form the community. I would not be vaping or be where I am without the help of many wonderful people here at VU, and I will do my best to give back when I can

I

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Damn that's went south.

What's VTT?
a forum chef started when he got banned from VU. now him and all the mods and BAM crew hang out there and shit talk the VU, it's members, and scheme ways to troll the forums. Especially me and DJ they have a 23 page thread obsessed with talking shit. they even planned the "i hate review threads" started by mattp over there and then he came here to post that thread to start shit. then trys to play innocent.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
@Dwiputra

My apologies for trying to point out an alternative device for you to consider that will act very similar to one of the 2 you were asking about. That was a mistake because this has now turned into the bash Matt show. So I will step out and let the true masters of all knowledge here help you out.
@SirRichardRear and @Whiskey you are destroying our community with your juvenile petty antics and I am trying not to get pulled into it. I am here trying to help people as I know anthony does try but we do not necessarily see eye to eye.

Also vapingtechtalk.com is another forum I use, I rant there about people here at times with others who have been driven from this community because of how some of the cliques on here treat people. I refuse to stop trying to help. Because vaping is saving lives and its something that does require some help form the community. I would not be vaping or be where I am without the help of many wonderful people here at VU, and I will do my best to give back when I can

I
except the clique that is now over there was the one starting shit and driving away new members and trolling the other core members here

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
a forum chef started when he got banned from VU. now him and all the mods and BAM crew hang out there and shit talk the VU, it's members, and scheme ways to troll the forums. Especially me and DJ they have a 23 page thread obsessed with talking shit. they even planned the "i hate review threads" started by mattp over there and then he came here to post that thread to start shit. then trys to play innocent.
Woah, no wonder things have been slow around here, there all working in the background to fuck this place up?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Woah, no wonder things have been slow around here, there all working in the background to fuck this place up?

yup. chef really hates the VU for banning him and looking at the threads there so do half the mods/admins for the VU. if they hate it so much, why not walk away and just stay over there in their cesspool of hate and negativity?

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yup. chef really hates the VU for banning him and looking at the threads there so do half the mods/admins for the VU. if they hate it so much, why not walk away and just stay over there in their cesspool of hate and negativity?
Wow, I gotta check that place out....fucked up for sure

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Go back to VTT and bitch about these forums all day like you normally do.
VTT is no different than VU dumping on ECF, ECF dumping on VU, etc. It's a forum, and people have their opinions.

Yeha i was invited there, took one look at the forum and noped the fuck out of there.
Actually, you were never specifically invited - just welcomed, as anyone interested in vaping is welcome. When you started spewing your reviews in inappropriate places, you were moderated about 5 or 6 times and left of your own accord.

So compelling I saved a bunch of screen shots, in case some feel the need to edit
Nothing gets edited on VTT by the mods/admin. The members have the option to edit their posts, but that's as far as it goes.

and scheme ways to troll the forums.
That's something I'm unaware of.

Absolutely not. VU is a viable forum in many, many ways.

Sorry Anthony, but I do not hate VU - just the actions taken by an individual mod who was targeting me personally. Joe and Tyger are both well aware of this.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
VTT is no different than VU dumping on ECF, ECF dumping on VU, etc. It's a forum, and people have their opinions.

Which is fine, except you don't see admins and mods on ECF posting here trashing it. regular members doing it is whatever. mods/admins are supposed to rep the site they do that for

Actually, you were never specifically invited - just welcomed, as anyone interested in vaping is welcome. When you started spewing your reviews in inappropriate places, you were moderated about 5 or 6 times and left of your own accord.
1) i was specifically welcomed in a PM form one of your members. he told me to come over. i went there and seen the trash and never made an account. I NEVER even signed up for an account let along posted anything. so someone there made an account to hide (like a little bitch) and come here and spew lies. I never had an account there nor ever had any interest in joining.

Nothing gets edited on VTT by the mods/admin. The members have the option to edit their posts, but that's as far as it goes.
we'll see.

That's something I'm unaware of.
I seen it and chose to ignore it until today. been going on for months. you syaing you are unaware is either a LIE or you just don't pay attention to your own forums/

Absolutely not. VU is a viable forum in many, many ways.

So I assume this is chef? LMAO then you should know i never had an account. You mean how you change vapingundeground to voopingunderground and forgot about it? listen i can care less if you hate the forums but don't lie. YOU got banned HERE for spamming your site after several warnings, and not you wanna lie and say i was moderated off a site i never joined. LMAO fuck off dude

Sorry Anthony, but I do not hate VU - just the actions taken by an individual mod who was targeting me personally. Joe and Tyger are both well aware of this.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I'm checking into that right now. I would hate to find out that someone had made an account in your name as an imposter. If so, then I apologize.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have put an end to VU bashing, as of right now.
https://www.vapingtechtalk.com/topic/558-vu-bashing/

I did look through the thread that was mentioned and Wow, there was some pretty brutal things said about VU and people at VU. @Mattp169 even had a post asking if there was 1 or 2 spam posts in a DJ review thread if that thread would be auto modded and everyone on that thread banned including DJ.

To see a mod on that forum saying they hate VU and hardly ever come here is pretty fucked up, why stay a mod if you hate it here?

I commend you though on trying to put a stop to it, doesn't mean that shit won't just move over to PM's though.

If there are people who are mods that hate this place then does this mean we are looking at ECF V2 over here? that's fucked up, I like this place and hope it goes back to how it was.

Dustyjeans

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I have the hexohm v3 and if your build is below .15 it will only fire up to %75 of available voltage. If you build below that and want 180-200 watts then the sexy hexy is not for you. I love mine! I have a triade dna 250 too and never use temp control but the dna board is very accurate and loaded with features and flexibility.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Dustyjeans

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Neither!

OMG the blasphamy

WHATS pwm

WHY

the board is warranted
but I will just say this
PROVAPE
they are gone
same for evolve

Ive gotta get a PWM!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'm checking into that right now. I would hate to find out that someone had made an account in your name as an imposter. If so, then I apologize.
Wouldn't surprise me. Bird made a fake account on reddit that looked like my name (mine is anthony_vapes and he made anthony-vapes and also amthony_vapes after the 1st one got banned) and went around shit talking people with those accounts to try and make me look bad. and this is an admin here on the VU and your forums. that's literally how much he hates me and how petty he is. he made multiple accounts on reddit just to downvote me as well

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
let me put it this way, why would i go to a forum with (no offense) maybe a dozen active users 90% of which i know already hate me as members here and try and post my reviews there? I even stopped posting on the UK cause lack of traffic. wasn't worth my time. I post here, ECF, reddit, and my channel and even that is hard to keep up with

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'll put an end to that, as well.
SO is this the supposedly me account? (mind you i looked through all 114 account on the site)
uwIJ8uq.png

Like i would make an account named "numnutz" with my logo

here is all 6 posts
VxJfs8Q.png

OSqBEUC.png

So yeah SOMEONE making a fake me and then telling you he had to moderate me for spamming? seriously what a psychopath? The obsession with me on that forum is beyond crazy. and half are the mod team here and other members who do nothing but bitch and moan like lucy and matt. just miserable people with nothing better to do but hate and troll people

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about that.
I get that and you have been more than fair in your responses and that wasn't directed at you.

I have noticed the VU slowing down, not as active around here anymore. Then to see a thread were people who are mods and members here talking about how much they hate it here. .....don't need to be a brain surgeon to put 2 and 2 together.

I really don't even care about the members talking shit but if your a mod and hate it here then fucking leave, what is your motivation to stay? It is that question that is disturbing, someone in a position of power staying on a place they hate.

Nothing against you though @VTT, you seem level headed. Just frustrates me when people try to fuck something up for there own gain, anger or just out of pettiness. What the fuck did I do to these people to deserve them fucking up a place I enjoy, what did anyone do to them excpet maybe a small handful that they don't like.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
and here you are replying to the fake me. You got tricked by bird posting a fake account posing as me. that's how sick in the head he is. and yes that is a mod on the VU and here.
YDKfZS2.png

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
so @VTT any response to this nonsense?

What can I say? If a member comes on as a reviewer and posts his reviews, I am inclined to believe the person is who he or she says they are. That is the nature of a forum, and can obviously be a downfall, as well. That's why the term "catfish" (as an internet terms) exists.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
What can I say? If a member comes on as a reviewer and posts his reviews, I am inclined to believe the person is who he or she says they are. That is the nature of a forum, and can obviously be a downfall, as well. That's why the term "catfish" (as an internet terms) exists.
but why would i name myself numbnutz? also you should know form your time here i don't do shit like that or give really bad safety advice like bird did under my fake account. and again that is your moderator making fake accounts impersonating me and spamming your forums with it. I mean at least if he used my name here or anthonvapes it might be believable but why would i name myself numbnutz and again spam a forum that barely has any users on it and the ones that are there are all BAM crew who already hate me

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
No idea, but just to clarify something - both he and I agreed that to be a mod on both forums would be a conflict of interest. He is not a mod on VTT.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Catfist....You must mean Birdfist, we all know who it was and the fact you will never reveal that is understandable and I don't blame you at all.
But remember....he is sitting back reading all this and wondering just what the fuck he's going to do now...I hope he's squirming good too , along with the others (you know who you are and so do we) that played this out , who's the center of the drama now BAM??:bomb:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
No idea, but just to clarify something - both he and I agreed that to be a mod on both forums would be a conflict of interest. He is not a mod on VTT.
Fair enough, still he got banned from reddit (impersonation is against the rules) twice for impersonating me on there to make me look bad, then he went and did it on VTT as well and you thought i was spamming your forums.

VU Sponsors