Become a Patron!

DNA 30 Squonker build

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been wanting to build a squonker but I prefer regulated devices. I picked up a clone DNA 30 chip to try out for my first DNA build. Will be a single 18650 in a Hammonds 1550p Box. The chana box is to help with size comparison.
small01.jpg small02.jpg small03.jpg small04.jpg small05.jpg

The box was painted and I wanted to try the alcohol paint to give it a different look. I used different screw that held better with the magnets, and cut the heads off to give the cover a better hold.

Last edited:

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im terrible at painting those Hammond boxes. Latley I been squaring off the box, sanding one direction around whole box, then clear coating :)

Nice job on the paint!

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Hammond box has been squared off on the sides. I was having issues getting all the sanding marks polished out so I decided to paint this box. Will have to get a finer grit belt for my sander for the next box.

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Hammond box has been squared off on the sides. I was having issues getting all the sanding marks polished out so I decided to paint this box. Will have to get a finer grit belt for my sander for the next box.

the belt sander at work has a disc sander on side too, that works better for me on the square, but yeah takes a lot to get those damn marks down :(

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Squonk whilst wanking........squanking?

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for pointing out my poor spelling. Love how spellchecker is not keeping up with the vaping terms yet. I edited my post to so proper spelling. Thank You for dropping by @franciscan

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Looks GREAT!

How does it vape?

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just started doing the clear coat tonight. Hopefully will start assembly tomorrow night. The chana will be easy to put together. Getting the squonker setup may be a little more challenging but will be nice to show off at the vape shop :p

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
SquankerS04.jpg SquankerS03.jpg SquankerS02.jpg View attachment 11612 SquankerS01.jpg

Ok so its up running and vapeing great. I'm not real happy with the looks on the inside, but this is my first DNA build. The end goal is an SX 350 squonker so this was a trial to see if the FDV 510 Squonker would work. The connector does work but needs more room than what I have in this box. So I will probly have to look into a 1590 g box to give the 510 connector and bottle the room it needs. Hope you enjoy the pics

SquankerS05.jpg

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Looking good!

But I do see what you mean about wanting a bit more room inside.

But still.......................Damn:D

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It was definitely a tight fit but I did learn from the build so it was't all bad.

T

Taver13

dude awesome build man, you have definatly inspired me to do one

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Where did you connenct + to center pin for the bottom feed? Wish the original bottom feeder pins from FD were a bit longer.

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The bottom feeder pin is in two pieces. Here is a close up of the pin and tube attachment.
BFPin.jpg

The normal pin is replaced with a copper pin that is longer and has a hole through the center. The bottom feeder kit comes with tubing and the second part of the pin. The second part looks like SS tub with a flange on the top. The flange sits on top of the copper pin and goes through the pin into the box. The plastic tube with the BF kit slides over the second pin to to feed juice up to the atty. The reason I will use a 1590g box for my next BF is the height on the BF system. Because of the height and having no clearance I had to cut the second pin short to be able to get the bottle into and out of the box. This leaves the tubing short and I sometimes get a small amount of juice in the box if I squonk to hard. I hope the extra room will stop this issue but will make the box a bit taller. The Pos wire is attached to the outside of the copper center pin right above the clear tubing. Hope this helps to clear up the BF system, I could not find any info on it and had to figure it out with trial and error.

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The bottom feeder pin is in two pieces. Here is a close up of the pin and tube attachment.
View attachment 11683

The normal pin is replaced with a copper pin that is longer and has a hole through the center. The bottom feeder kit comes with tubing and the second part of the pin. The second part looks like SS tub with a flange on the top. The flange sits on top of the copper pin and goes through the pin into the box. The plastic tube with the BF kit slides over the second pin to to feed juice up to the atty. The reason I will use a 1590g box for my next BF is the height on the BF system. Because of the height and having no clearance I had to cut the second pin short to be able to get the bottle into and out of the box. This leaves the tubing short and I sometimes get a small amount of juice in the box if I squonk to hard. I hope the extra room will stop this issue but will make the box a bit taller. The Pos wire is attached to the outside of the copper center pin right above the clear tubing. Hope this helps to clear up the BF system, I could not find any info on it and had to figure it out with trial and error.

Yeah I understand, thanks for the description. I have the pins, ss tube, I see a lot of different ways but if that damn copper pin was just 4 mm longer I could just use that. I dont want the votage drop of the ss to copper pin to atty, but will probably just do it the way you did. LOL

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I couldn't figure a way to get the pos and the tub on the copper pin without worrying about the tube coming loose. I just ordered an inline meter so I will check to see what the drop is when it comes in.

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I couldn't figure a way to get the pos and the tub on the copper pin without worrying about the tube coming loose. I just ordered an inline meter so I will check to see what the drop is when it comes in.

Fatdaddy does so much right, but his bottom feeder stuff (works) could be just a bit better. Wish he also sold a bottom feeder 22mm 510 pad with a cut out ring about 10mm, where you could use a oring there too, like the REO has. I did see the v4 with the 22 mm pad has a round cutout like that but im done ordering from him and trying to use his stuff i have on hand up. Your situation with that P box had a lot of complications you had to battle through, i understand for sure :)

VU Sponsors