Become a Patron!

DNA 35 watt giving me a problem

wizzard

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered and received a 35 watt style box mod and just started using it and after about 3 puffs it is showing a
to hot error. I am only vaping at around 8.5 watts. Any one know why this happens and how to fix it. I ordered it from China. It looks good the buttons are good but not sure why I am getting this error. I have contacted Focal and am awaiting a reply back from them. Until I hear back has anyone had an issue with a DNA box mod doing this?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What do you have on it for a topper and what type batteries do you have in it? All kinds of things could be at play here, need more info to help you out:)
Don't believe I've heard of a 35 w dna yet either?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
What Whiskey said.

Can you give us a link?

wizzard

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Efest 2500 35 amp battery using an Aerotank mega 1.8 ohm and a Nautilus 1.8 ohm @ 9 watts. Both are showing a too hot error after 3 to 5 puffs. I don't want this thing to blow up in my face. So I guess the too hot error is doing its job but this thing is brand new. My DNA 30 clone never did this but this is a DNA 35 watt clone. Here is the link to the exact mod. They had this for 43.00 about a month ago. http://focalecig.com/Product/HANAA-MODZ-Pack-DNA-35-StyleVoltage-Wattage-ModSilver-22688

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
While I have no experience with this mod, I have not had somthing like you are talking about happen with any of my DNA mods.

Try this, set it to 7w, press the power button for a second without the topper on it. Remove the battery and let it set for a minute or so. Put the battery back in and see what happens.

If it continues to act like that set it aside and wait for Focal to get back to you.

wizzard

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Uncle I tried that and got the same error. I sent focal an email and also started a conversation with Doris but have not heard back yet. I got a DNA 30 from Focal a couple of months ago and it has worked flawlessly. Knock on wood I hope that one continues to work flawless. I was going to use the DNA 35 watt for my Atlantis when it arrives. Does not look like I will not.

Last edited:

wizzard

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also tried a sony vtr battery and got the same too hot error message. Looks like a defective device from China so we will see how focal handles this. I waited a month to get it and now this!!!

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Fasttech has those as well , along with mini and full size 50 watter's , 70 watt models , 30's , 35's, 20's etc.. two full pages of them actually .

From reading about the "too hot" messages on FT forums it seems it's related to the topper your using.

Just scroll down and they are all there , and a lot our on page 2 as well .

http://www.fasttech.com/search?dna

Focalecig

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello Wizzard,

Sorry for the inconvenience it caused.
We have reported this problem to our supplier. The didn't make good adjustment with their first batch and they have fixed problem on the later batches.
Our customer service will reach you by email within few hours for the solution.
Best Regards,
Doris

wizzard

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for responding Doris and sending this to your service department. Well I have sent a video as your service department requested. Looks like I got a first batch one with a problem. I sure hope your customer service gets me a new one without the problems from the second batch. I am not sure what the video is going to do for them. It is the same as I stated above. I am getting a too hot error and the device is unusable. The bad thing it is brand spanking new. The service department stated if I am using a low battery (which I am not) and vaping above 20 watts (which I am not ) there could be issues. But what if I was vaping at over 20 watts this is a 35 watt device. The info they requested has been sent.

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You may or may not recall back earlier this year when the first batch of Cana 30 devices were delivered to the vendors they were tested and initially found to not read resistances correctly and therefore firing at much lower resistances than were designed. Many of these would exhibit the "Too Hot" error as well. Two of the reviews that I recall is RipTrippers
and Hillbilly
. Overall those reviews delayed the delivery of the devices while the manufacturer resolved those issues. Not sure if they're using the same chipset or not for the 35w.

VU Sponsors