Become a Patron!

DNA 40 Ohm's Accuracy

Byter

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My VaporShark arrived this week. Pricey, but I'm very happy with it and at this price better be for a long time! One thing I notice with it is it is reading Ohm's higher than I would expect. 1.6 Ohm Aspire BVC's are reading 1.91 Ohm on a fresh one down to 1.75 Ohm after 6 hours of vaping. My other mods are reading that same coil as 1.7 Ohms. Does anyone have an explanation for this? My guess is the DNA 40 chip is just extremely accurate. I have a Craftsman multi reader tool that reads ohms but the probes are pretty big and I wouldn't know where on the coil to place them to test the coil (not sure it would be more accurate than the chips anyway) so thought I would ask the experts.

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've had coils change resistance the more I use them. With that said, Imo the best thing to do is try it against an ohm reader with a 510 connection.

Byter

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the tip. This sounds like a good tool to have around. I don't know who makes a good one. What do you think of this one if you don't mind reviewing? .04% accuracy seems impressive to me.

Haka Tester 510 eGo Ohm Voltage Wattage Meter - Black
$11.20 at IMR Batteries.

Features:

• Voltage Reading: 3-15V
  • Ohms Reading: 0.01-9.99 (essentially unlimited)
  • Wattage Reading: Unlimited
  • Smart LED design
  • Accuracy: +/- 0.04%
  • Length: 40.5mm (this is length without connection areas, total length is 55.3mm)
  • Diameter: 14mm
  • Weight: 16g

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I think most will be fine. Just don't build on them.

VU Sponsors