Become a Patron!

DNA chip Minimum ohms?

Hello! not sure if it has been asked before and sorry if I might be asking the wrong questions.

I am trying to find out what is the minimum ohm required to use Nichrome80 coil on the DNA chip if I will use the replay mod? Also what other coils and what ohms should it be for it to work on replay?
I looked online and only found minimum resistance to kanthal:
DNA mode I found to use as an example:
LOST VAPE PARANORMAL DUAL 18650 DNA 250C BOX MOD
  • 0.1 to 2.0 ohm Kanthal Resistance Range
  • 0.08 to 1.0 ohm Temperature Sensing Range
  • Is temperature sensing range same as Replay? sorry I am a bit confused???

I am trying to gain more knowledge before even considering buying a mod with a DNA chip because they are a bit expensive. which DNA mod is a good starting point for a new user like me who never had a DNA chip mod?
Is replay mod worth the investment?
Please provide any information you may have,
Appreciate any and all helpful replies.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your minimum ohm for NON TC is .1ohm all wire types......

REPLAY just remembers settings used with a build.... like the Smart mode in a Eleaf or wisemec non DNA.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
There's a guidance card included with the purchase of DNAs that have the replay function (C Boards) I'll post what it states, maybe that answers your question.

You can use any coil/wire that can be tcr defined. Meaning it has to be temperature sensing.

Examples for replay to work are the following compositions:

N200, SS, TI, NiFe (single/solo)

Or as combination of :

N200 + SS or/and SS + Ti

Combo of temp sensing and non temp sensing material, such as

Kanthal + N200 or/and N80 + SS or/and Nichrome + TI

Replay simply is temperature control under wattage.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hello! not sure if it has been asked before and sorry if I might be asking the wrong questions.

I am trying to find out what is the minimum ohm required to use Nichrome80 coil on the DNA chip if I will use the replay mod? Also what other coils and what ohms should it be for it to work on replay?
I looked online and only found minimum resistance to kanthal:
DNA mode I found to use as an example:
LOST VAPE PARANORMAL DUAL 18650 DNA 250C BOX MOD

• 0.1 to 2.0 ohm Kanthal Resistance Range
    • 0.08 to 1.0 ohm Temperature Sensing Range
  • Is temperature sensing range same as Replay? sorry I am a bit confused???
I am trying to gain more knowledge before even considering buying a mod with a DNA chip because they are a bit expensive. which DNA mod is a good starting point for a new user like me who never had a DNA chip mod?
Is replay mod worth the investment?
Please provide any information you may have,
Appreciate any and all helpful replies.

Nichrome won't work in Replay mode because it is not a temperature control wire type. Replay mode requires a TC compatible wire type - you could use a coil that's nichrome Mixed with a temperature control wire type, but not nichrome (N80) by itself

DNA chip will fire below 0.1 ohms, I have used as low as 0.08 ohms, but it can go as low as 0.05, maybe lower

Your minimum ohm for NON TC is .1ohm all wire types......

REPLAY just remembers settings used with a build.... like the Smart mode in a Eleaf or wisemec non DNA.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

This is going to be blunt - have you used Replay mode on a DNA C mod?

Good info! yes this was really helpful estorm. what are your thoughts on the DNA chip using the replay mod if you have used it? I have yet to use SS wires. vapers say SS give great flavor but don't have enough knowledge regarding how to dry fire them properly. also what gauge is best for SS?

Nichrome won't work in Replay mode because it is not a temperature control wire type. Replay mode requires a TC compatible wire type - you could use a coil that's nichrome Mixed with a temperature control wire type, but not nichrome (N80) by itself

DNA chip will fire below 0.1 ohms, I have used as low as 0.08 ohms, but it can go as low as 0.05, maybe lower

This is going to be blunt - have you used Replay mode on a DNA C mod?
Great to know this info. yeah it is nice not being limited to a minimum ohms of 0.1

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Good info! yes this was really helpful estorm. what are your thoughts on the DNA chip using the replay mod if you have used it? I have yet to use SS wires. vapers say SS give great flavor but don't have enough knowledge regarding how to dry fire them properly. also what gauge is best for SS?
I got the mod you've been asking about around a week ago, so I have been using it and retired my other mods, but I haven't tested it fully yet. I didn't even get a chance to test escribe with it, still using factory settings lol.

I only vape SS but simple fused, Clapton's of any kind. I don't do extremely fancy builds. I always loved temperature control but most of my mods were horrible at giving a 100% satisfaction. So far I'm loving replay but again I'd like to test it a bit further before making my full statement.

We have lots of people here that use nothing but the DNA, these members might be a better help or giving an opinion.
@Pegleg Meg for example. I would list others too but I'm horrible with names nicknames lol

Last edited:

VU Sponsors