Become a Patron!

Dna30 box build question

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I'm building a dna30 box for a friend, finally got the chip in and gotta order a box for it still, was gonna use a Hammond 1590b like I did for my dual 18650 box but was wondering if a 1590A box would be a good choice for size since it will only house 1 18650? Any thoughts/input would be greatly appreciated

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I already have the fdv 510, picked a few up a while ago. Thanks for the advice :)

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think that is happening in a A box. The p box is nice for a dual 18650 and dna but even that takes a lot of work, cause a p isnt happening with a battery sled have to make one.

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think that is happening in a A box. The p box is nice for a dual 18650 and dna but even that takes a lot of work, cause a p isnt happening with a battery sled have to make one.
P box? And I would be making it a single 18650, I said I had used the 1590b for a dual 18650 unregulated box I had made in the past

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Go G box, smaller than the B but bigger than the a, but usually back ordered since it is the most popular. Here is a pic of a B box on left, hana clone, and a G style box on right, to give you a better visual idea. the blue plastic is exactly the size of a hammong G box.

Box Army.jpg

cp83

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
what different battery combos/sizescan i usewithevolv dna30 board

cp83

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
so a 26650 is toomuch for the board

cp83

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ive got several 26650 batteries, the smallest is an efest ,its a 32amp. ive got some IMR26650HPs that are50 amp drain. but i use allof them in a seven30.my thought is that if that board will handle those batteries, the evolv dna30 should handle it just the same

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you can't figure out that you've been given the answer, you shouldn't build anything yet.

cp83

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i already knew what u said before , i was just wondering if anyone has tried to make a mod like that

cp83

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ive built 8 mechs and 11 VV/VWs. this is nothing i am new to by any means. I donthaveanyexperiencewith those particular boards and i acquired a real evolv and just had a question. no need to be a smartass man

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm not being a smartass. I told you the power requirements of that board. If you can't figure out what battery configurations will meet those requirements, maybe your a dumbass and shouldn't be building power supply devices.

VU Sponsors