Become a Patron!

Do all RDA's leak?..WTF

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Do I just have bad luck or are they all annoying leaky POS..I got my first RDA cool but leaked. Bought a second cool but leaks as well..are they all like that? One is bottom airflow one has the airflow on the side about halfway up..both leaky af. Don't think I'll be buying another one. For the record I have a Wotofo Lush Plus and a Vandy Vape Icon. User error? or.. just sh*tty rda's?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
If they are leaking from the AFC, you are over dripping

Don't have either RDA, but they are both well thought of by many who drip, especially the Icon

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bottom air flow rdas can easily be over juiced until you get the hang of it. Also, there are rdas that are virtually leak proof

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
basically with the icon and the side airflow..anytime juice flies off the coils it flies out the side airflow as well.. pretty much no way around that.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How high are your coils in relation to the air holes? Can you get a pic without it being blurry?

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How high are your coils in relation to the air holes? Can you get a pic without it being blurry?

kinda busy right now but I thought of that and raised them. Still no luck.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Also, depending on the coil, you may need to raise your wattage or close your AFC a little bit. It will make the juice evaporate more instead of popping.

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm willing to bet you are over dripping. How many drops do you generally put in there? Remember, you don't have to fill the well below. I drip enough to wet my wicks real well and that's it.

I hope that's all it is. I do drip alot in there. I thought the deep juice well meant It was for juice..I've been juicing up the wicks and then pretty much filling that one side with juice.. I don't know lol

splucked

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't have an Icon but just got my Lush Plus and it took me a day to adjust. I'm used to bigger juice wells so I was overdripping like crazy. The Lush Plus is a great RDA. You'll get used to it.

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't have an Icon but just got my Lush Plus and it took me a day to adjust. I'm used to bigger juice wells so I was overdripping like crazy. The Lush Plus is a great RDA. You'll get used to it.

I've had the Lush Plus for a month and I agree there's really no dripping room. For the one or two hits it does give, they are nice and flavorful..,still leaks..I've been using the icon for about 24 hrs tops. Potentially misusing lol We'll see how it goes. No more juice well.

GKG2017

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Judging by the picture it looks like your using one coil (Alien, Clapton etc.) only on a dual coil RDA. So there could be a tendency to over drip.

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Judging by the picture it looks like your using one coil (Alien, Clapton etc.) only on a dual coil RDA. So there could be a tendency to over drip.
nope it has a single coil option..im kinda diggin that part..45watts is firing it just fine and clouds and flavor are decent.

GKG2017

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
nope it has a single coil option..im kinda diggin that part..45watts is firing it just fine and clouds and flavor are decent.

I'm not familiar with that RDA. It looks like you can put another coil on the other side. I just got a Halady single coil RDA. The coil is in the center.

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm not familiar with that RDA. It looks like you can put another coil on the other side. I just got a Halady single coil RDA. The coil is in the center.

It's the Icon RDA it can be run in single or dual. Only difference is that one side of the airflow gets closed off in a single coil conifiguration.

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glad I'm not the only one. Apparently I take that 'unlikely to leak/hard to oversquonk' as a challenge or something :facepalm:
All rda squonk little different I got a dpro the other day and it don't take much but the pulse needs a good squonk.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

whatitstrue

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
If your using the icon in single coil mode. I wouldn't recommend dripping through the drip tip. Your going to over saturate the well and coils. Instead I would recommend pulling the top and just painting the coils every few drags. Althogh it has a single coil mode the dual coil works much better and you can just drip through the drip tip.

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If your using the icon in single coil mode. I wouldn't recommend dripping through the drip tip. Your going to over saturate the well and coils. Instead I would recommend pulling the top and just painting the coils every few drags. Althogh it has a single coil mode the dual coil works much better and you can just drip through the drip tip.

ohhhhh ok. Yeah every time I tried that it was a mess. Thanks for the heads up!

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try an RDTA RDA with tank underneath it you only need to wet the cotton once an vape till tank needs refilling best of both worlds then no more over dripping ,
I then moved on to single coil RDA,s an Sqounking , i still use plenty of RTA,s but now 85% of my RTA,s are all single coil tanks now

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had the same problem when I started RDA's. Even the Icon I thought I could put more juice in there because the airflow is much higher. Nope. It will leak then too. It's taken some experimenting to get it right. I still get over zealous sometimes but rarely over drip now.

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had the same problem when I started RDA's. Even the Icon I thought I could put more juice in there because the airflow is much higher. Nope. It will leak then too. It's taken some experimenting to get it right. I still get over zealous sometimes but rarely over drip now.

Good to know I'm not the only one to think a juice well is for juice lol Anyways I've stopped over dripping and I'm lovin the Icon now. Today I put in a cpl claptons and she's a great vape..Really good RDA.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not because RDAS have juice well, that doesn't mean you should fill it up, that's why I found it funny when dumb yt reviewers complain about juice well in a RDA! dumb!!
Don't over drip, adjust as you go!
Although leaking on a rda every now and then is normal!

I BAM

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good to know I'm not the only one to think a juice well is for juice lol Anyways I've stopped over dripping and I'm lovin the Icon now. Today I put in a cpl claptons and she's a great vape..Really good RDA.

Yep. I do like mine, but since getting my first RTA today the Icon may see much less use.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try an RDTA RDA with tank underneath it you only need to wet the cotton once an vape till tank needs refilling best of both worlds then no more over dripping ,
I then moved on to single coil RDA,s an Sqounking , i still use plenty of RTA,s but now 85% of my RTA,s are all single coil tanks now

That's the direction I'm headed. I can get a great vape with one coil and need less power.

aeon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When I saw the design of the Kennedy I was all “a-ha!” because it was RDA, bottom airflow, and with those tubes to create a deep juice well with zero chance of leaking*...oh yes, this is the RDA for me.

The Geek Vapes Medusa Reborn isn’t too bad in this way either, though some would call it an RDTA.

(*despite evidence to the contrary, I’m not a total effin’ idiot)

Cheers,
Ian

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's the direction I'm headed. I can get a great vape with one coil and need less power.
Its when it combined with a smaller chamber its just increases the Flavours so much better than having to build big arsed dual coils to fill up a larger atties space using more power more juice for the same Flavours just more obtrusive vape coulds from duals
When first started vaping i used to think why all these smaller high end rta,s that are only single coil cost so much more for producing the same end product.
It isnt really until you start trying them and building on them you realise
how much more Better/ Easier and more Convenient / Tastier these really are.

Last edited:

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I've been juicing up the wicks and then pretty much filling that one side with juice.
Yeah that right there is the problem, only the cotton should have juice in it, don't fill the well up, what I've done in the past for single coil builds is leave one side of cotton long and then pull it between the posts, ones its through bring it to the edge of the deck and fluff it out, loosely tuck it in the empty side of the deck.. That way of juice gets on that side the cotton keep it in place... Usually yield a few more hauls this way as well.

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
This is the reason I like squonking. I always drip to much and wind up leaking out the air flow. That or I tilt to much and it winds up coming out. With squonking, it saturates my wicks then sucks all the excess juice back into the bottle. This has created a new problem. Using my gorilla grip to over squonk and juice coming out the air holes LOL. Sometimes, you can't win. Overall, squonking I'm less likely to make a mess but it still happens occasionally.

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Dripping is dead, Squonking is the future, and the future (potentially) gets expensive. :D

I've order so many different rebuildable squonking atomizers (RSA's) here recently it's ridiculous lol. I really love my lost vape drone but I also want to dabble a bit in mechanical mods. Mostly because they are smaller and possibly more pocket friendly. So i got a bunch of single coil jobbies and a couple duel coil options. If I like the mechs, most likely my first purchase will be the Boxer 2X700 mod. If I hate it, I'm prob going to get a Rebel duel 18650 DNA squonk mod.

aeon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is the reason I like squonking. I always drip to much and wind up leaking out the air flow. That or I tilt to much and it winds up coming out. With squonking, it saturates my wicks then sucks all the excess juice back into the bottle. This has created a new problem. Using my gorilla grip to over squonk and juice coming out the air holes LOL. Sometimes, you can't win. Overall, squonking I'm less likely to make a mess but it still happens occasionally.

I vape, therefore I wipe. :giggle:

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
You just have to be careful. The goon that i use as a dripper, the black finish has started to look bad because of all my wiping.

aeon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Paper towels and napkins will wreak havok on finishes because of how abrasive the fibers are, not to mention they are often recycled with bits of metal in them, etc.

Get some microfiber...works a charm, and keeps your attys looking good.

Cheers,
Ian

VU Sponsors