1. UP FOR A NEW CHALLENGE? CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT

Do I have these right? (Coil build help)

Discussion in 'Charts' started by rxmilitia, Feb 8, 2018.

1. rxmilitia

rxmilitia Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    alright so I’ve made about 20 practice coils this past week, Ending up with ranges from .3 ohms to .5 (I’ve been running premade coils for months just now getting into building).

I decided to download a coil app (coil builder on the App Store) and I want to make sure I’m putting in everything right

Here’s what I’ve put in the app. But am I doing this right? Is it 26awg Kanthal A1/AMP wrapped in 32awg SS 316L or the opposite?

I don’t understand what the X3 means in “AWG 26GAx3” do I put the 26GA in 3 times?? So confused lol
    (See photos below for what wire I’m using)

336472E2-978E-4E0A-8DC0-4D3D26F71984.jpeg

And here is the wire I have

C576FE75-B32B-498C-BC2D-365516D335EA.jpeg 7BA8915E-5FE4-4E1C-AF6C-B7CF6DDC8B00.jpeg DCDA3E60-7CEF-48F5-9B88-860FDCC38A8A.jpeg

2. duana

duana New Member

Blog Posts:
    "x3" means you have a wire with 3 cores of kanthal and 1 wire around/wrapped of stainless steel. (send me a pm) if you need help. the vape tool app it´s very easy to use.

3. Mrodes

Mrodes New Member

Blog Posts:
    Oh, that one is too complicated...

4. OhmzRaw

OhmzRaw Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    26g x 3 simply means that there's 3 strands of 26g wire (core) which is then wrapped with 32g wire (outer wrap)

The simple way to calculate the resistance is as follows:

1) Head over to this site: http://www.steam-engine.org/wirewiz.html

2) On the lower left side of the page you should see a section titles "Wire Builder". Click on the Drop down menu and click 'Clapton' [this works for any build with core wires and outer wraps]

3) For your core wire, select "Parallel" since in an alien Clapton the cores are parallel.

In your case we need 3 cores so you must press the little plus button to add one more wire to the core. Enter your core wires gauge, in this case put all 3 cores as 26g Kanthal.

4) After doing this, go to the section below, titled "Wrap" and enter your outer wires gauge. In this case 32g SS316L

5. Now enter your inner diameter, number or wraps etc specifications if you haven't already.

NOTE: The results are for a single coil. If you plan on using dual coils, divide the result resistance from wire wizard by 2.

This image attached is for your build. [​IMG]