Do we have an Audiophile amongst us?

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I have a mint pair of Fisher STE-720 vintage speakers. Would you know what they're worth? I'd like to sell them locally. They're from my previous home and I don't have an appropriate area to use them now. I know that they were manufactured from 1986 - 1989 and Fisher merged with Panasonic in 2012. I Googled until I was cross-eyed. Can't find these anywhere. I know they are known as very good speakers. They were amazing in my previous, very open home. @VaporJoe ?
Fisher STE-720.1.jpg Fisher STE-720.2.jpg

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Tough luck:

As for "very rolled off highs", yes, the first and second graph seem pretty self-explanatory:

It doesn't mean they're shit, as a true hobbiest/music lover at heart could still decide to mod them with a pair of decent waveguided AMT (Air Motion Transformer) tweeters and then blast people's socks off properly with something like a, non battered, "lowly" Technics SL-1200 turntable that has also been upgraded with an SME tonearm, for example. Just not a lot of people will be interested in buying these things, because we are a dying species. :zombie:

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Tough luck:

As for "very rolled off highs", yes, the first and second graph seem pretty self-explanatory:

It doesn't mean they're shit, as a true hobbiest/music lover at heart could still decide to mod them with a pair of decent waveguided AMT (Air Motion Transformer) tweeters and then blast people's socks off properly with something like a, non battered, "lowly" Technics SL-1200 turntable that has also been upgraded with an SME tonearm, for example. Just not a lot of people will be interested in buying these things, because we are a dying species. :zombie:
Thank you for your input.

VU Sponsors