Become a Patron!

Do you happen to be a scientist? A hypothetical:

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm going to be intentionally ambiguous here because I don't want to be giving anyone any ideas, considering the gravity of the subject. Talking single use, decon, destroy. No plans for repetition.

* Negative pressure glovebox. p100 or equivalent on outlet, vented to exterior atmosphere. Fresh h2o input. Drain by petcock, plumbed to sewer or drywell.

* Ppe at a minimum: qc tyvex suit w/ all seams sealed, full face shield with p100 intake (or forced fresh), 1x nitrile surgical, 1x butyl or neoprene chem resistant, appropriate footwear.

* Input Material: dry, granular, fine.

* Output: viscous, gras to handle (by our standards anyway. Think 100-250)

* If Murphy strikes: Dilution, hopefully. (Distance to shower: >10')

* Cleanup/decon: Extreme Dilution. H2o in box. Box don't open till we consume an ocean.

* Gravest extreme: Partner on exterior to summon assistance. h2o spray manifold above workspace, electronic valve, deadman switch or on demand workspace flooding for whole-room dilution.

So for my scientifically minded friends, were one to utilize the above absolutely terrible idea, how likely do you think they'd be to succeed without harm? Hypothetically speaking.

Last edited:

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
People blow themselves up all the time if you are thinking what I think you are thinking.

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No flammable vapor involved in what I'm discussing here, thankfully. (Though I am intimately familiar with such processes. Yay BC! Lol)

Still quite the potential for harm though should things go awry, and something we actively discourage people from persuing because of the risks involved. Truthfully, I'm not even entertaining the idea of doing it unless things go very wrong in the future, but wondering if adding the necessary components to my vapepocalypse stash would potentially be worth the investment. I'm thinking it would, but I'd rather not kill myself learning the hard way that my plan was fundamentally flawed.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Im with you now. I wouldnt.

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im with you now. I wouldnt.
I heard that, and more than likely neither would I... Unless I had no other viable options.

Just kinda daydreaming out loud, pondering how an actual person of science would grade my concept on a scale of dumbass to darwin'd. Lol

VU Sponsors