Become a Patron!

Do you like good coffee?

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you like really good, pretty strong coffee, give Black Rifle Coffee Company a try. Got some for my husband for his birthday (the k-cup version), and he really likes it. Not for the faint of heart, though. Also got him a mug to go with it. Veteran owned and operated, which is a definite plus in my book. They also seem to have a few brick-and-mortar locations, but I'm not sure where.

JMB17

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I'm very picky with my coffee but their mugs look badass. Lets hope they ship to Canada. My husband is from Texas and pro-gun so I'm sure he would appreciate their coffee and mugs.

YodaTheJuggalo

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Honestly coffee doesn't even wake me up. I just drink it because I love the taste. I can even drink coffee right before bed and I'll sleep like a baby.
Same here, I drink it because it makes me feel all warm inside lol. And it tastes like heaven in a cup

JMB17

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Same here, I drink it because it makes me feel all warm inside lol. And it tastes like heaven in a cup

Heaven in a cup is the perfect way to describe it. They say coffee raises your blood pressure so I guess it's a good thing I have low blood pressure; it won't hurt for my bp to be a little higher.

YodaTheJuggalo

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Heaven in a cup is the perfect way to describe it. They say coffee raises your blood pressure so I guess it's a good thing I have low blood pressure; it won't hurt for my bp to be a little higher.
Well, Looks like I'm gonna have a heart attack at age 30. Because I drink a lot of coffee lol and have high blood pressure as it is. At least I'll die happy, sipping on a little piece of heaven lol

JMB17

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Fresh ground coffee smells wonderful.
Taste for me is far too bitter.
however with enuf sugar I can drink it and even enjoy it.

I can't drink coffee with sugar. Just a little bit of cream and I'm good to go. The sugar makes me nauseous. Which doesn't make sense because I can eat a whole cake by myself and not feel sick from the sugar.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fresh ground coffee smells wonderful.
Taste for me is far too bitter.
however with enuf sugar I can drink it and even enjoy it.
try cold brewing it. I don't even use my keurig anymore. cold brew is much smoother (less acidic) and will stain your teeth less.

i gave up all sweeteners in January after I switched to a carnivore diet. It took me a week or so to get used to it but I don't even miss my liquid stevia now (I was using 30 drops per cup instead of the 5 drop serving size lol).

JMB17

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Well, Looks like I'm gonna have a heart attack at age 30. Because I drink a lot of coffee lol and have high blood pressure as it is. At least I'll die happy, sipping on a little piece of heaven lol

Hopefully it doesn't come to that but if it does, at least you had your coffee!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
try cold brewing it. I don't even use my keurig anymore. cold brew is much smoother (less acidic) and will stain your teeth less.

i gave up all sweeteners in January after I switched to a carnivore diet. It took me a week or so to get used to it but I don't even miss my liquid stevia now (I was using 30 drops per cup instead of the 5 drop serving size lol).

Thanks for the tip. But even with enuf sugar it is not wonderful to me.
Some chocolaty coffee concoctions are good but would rather just have good hot chocolate.
I just occasionally drink it as a stimulant.
Been a couple weeks since I had a cup.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like coffee both ways. If its good coffee, like the fancy stuff my wife gets from trader joes or whole foods, I prefer it french pressed and black. When it comes to standard run of the mill stuff, like dunkin donuts or a dripper, I like it sweet and creamy.

JMB17

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the tip. But even with enuf sugar it is not wonderful to me.
Some chocolaty coffee concoctions are good but would rather just have good hot chocolate.
I just occasionally drink it as a stimulant.
Been a couple weeks since I had a cup.

Are you from the south?

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Honestly coffee doesn't even wake me up. I just drink it because I love the taste. I can even drink coffee right before bed and I'll sleep like a baby.

Coffee will help me wake up in the morning but it won't keep me up at night. I can have a cup before bed and have no issues falling asleep.

JMB17

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Born and raised in Eastern KY. Just a Hi-Tech hillbilly ;)
Lived all over the country.
And no I do not like Iced Tea either. bitter.

You don't even like sweet tea? There is not a single restaurant in the part of Canada that I'm from that makes REAL iced tea. It's so sad because my husband is from Texas and he LOVES sweet tea but he can't get it here. His whole family appreciates good iced tea but none of them appreciate a nice cup of coffee. They think it's weird when I drink it at night. They only drink coffee first thing in the morning to wake up but they don't even like the taste. The reason why I ask if you're from the south is because I've had coffee from the south and it's no good. We drove from Canada all the way to Texas and the more south we would drive the shittier the coffee would get. Past Ohio every McDonalds we'd stop by they didn't even have coffee ready. We had to wait for them to brew it.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I brew mine extra strong and then add flavored creamer to it.

Anything left over from my morning pot goes into the Fridge so I can have iced coffee later.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I can't live without good, strong, high quality coffee. I call it "The Elixir Of The Gods".

I have one of those coffee makers that automatically grinds the beans fresh and then makes the coffee. I also have 3 French presses, which make an excellent cuppa Joe. I've been wanting to try one of those Belgian siphon style coffee makers, but they're a little pricey. I wouldn't want to spend all that money just to find out they're more of a gimmick than a better way to brew.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team

JMB17

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
all a matter of taste and my taste is cursed with the Bitter Gene.

You're like my grandpa. He puts at least 4-5 teaspoons of sugar in his small cup of tea. I've been told that even when he was young he was the same way. Everything was always too bitter for him.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You're like my grandpa. He puts at least 4-5 teaspoons of sugar in his small cup of tea. I've been told that even when he was young he was the same way. Everything was always too bitter for him.
There are more of us around that most realize.
We are labelled 'picky eaters' and such.

Actually the gene is not a defect but a survival gene as it lets us taste toxins that others cannot.
They eat the bad food and die we survive.

JMB17

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
There are more of us around that most realize.
We are labelled 'picky eaters' and such.

No I know there's a huge difference between being a picky eater and having strong taste buds. It's like people who find "spicy" foods too spicy so they just stay away from them. It doesn't mean they're picky, their taste buds just react more intensely to spices and it makes it kind of an unpleasant eating experience, and in some cases can actually be dangerous.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No I know there's a huge difference between being a picky eater and having strong taste buds. It's like people who find "spicy" foods too spicy so they just stay away from them. It doesn't mean they're picky, their taste buds just react more intensely to spices and it makes it kind of an unpleasant eating experience, and in some cases can actually be dangerous.

yep cannot handle BBQ chips.
Like the flavor just too much of it.
And cayenne pepper is quite painful.

Bananna peppers is as hot as I go.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Chips are my weakness. Even if it's a flavour I don't like, I can't stop eating them. Something is wrong with me.

No chip affliction here. they are ok with a sammich or something but do not just like to eat chips much by themselves.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I'm from the South, and I love black coffee and UNsweet tea. I must also be an aberration.

Not a coffee snob, though. I like my little single cup brewer that uses soft pods, dark roast, but I'm sure they'd be wimpy to a lot of people.

JMB17

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I'm from the South, and I love black coffee and UNsweet tea. I must also be an aberration.

Not a coffee snob, though. I like my little single cup brewer that uses soft pods, dark roast, but I'm sure they'd be wimpy to a lot of people.

I'm so happy I'm finding southerners who love coffee! Not wimpy; very convenient. I can't buy single cup brewers because I drink too much coffee and I would be wasting so much money that way. I went to Texas to visit my in laws and my mother in law has a Keurig and she had a box full of Starbucks single cups and I damn near finished the box and I was only there for a week and a half. I forgot to buy her another box. I felt so bad.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
having some cold brewed archer farms (from target) buttery caramel this morning, mmmmmm

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I'm so happy I'm finding southerners who love coffee! Not wimpy; very convenient. I can't buy single cup brewers because I drink too much coffee and I would be wasting so much money that way. I went to Texas to visit my in laws and my mother in law has a Keurig and she had a box full of Starbucks single cups and I damn near finished the box and I was only there for a week and a half. I forgot to buy her another box. I felt so bad.

These pods I use are soft, like two circular layers of coffee filter with the actual coffee in between the layers. They are about 1/3 to 1/2 the price of Keurig K-cups, but if you drink 6 or 8 cups of coffee a day, they would get expensive. I order them from coffeehouseexpress.com; they have about the best prices I've seen. The tiny little coffee maker I have at home that uses these pods is a Cuisinart, and I have a Hamilton Beach model at work. The Cuisinart makes better coffee.

Remember the old brand "Eight O'Clock" coffee that the A&P grocery stores used to sell? Eight O'Clock makes K-cups, and their Dark Italian Roast is some kinda wonderful. But you know, it makes a difference when you drink coffee black - bitterness becomes a real issue - and I cannot get a cup of Starbucks down to save my life. Likewise McDonald's, lord have mercy, that is some awful coffee.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
These pods I use are soft, like two circular layers of coffee filter with the actual coffee in between the layers. They are about 1/3 to 1/2 the price of Keurig K-cups, but if you drink 6 or 8 cups of coffee a day, they would get expensive. I order them from coffeehouseexpress.com; they have about the best prices I've seen. The tiny little coffee maker I have at home that uses these pods is a Cuisinart, and I have a Hamilton Beach model at work. The Cuisinart makes better coffee.

Remember the old brand "Eight O'Clock" coffee that the A&P grocery stores used to sell? Eight O'Clock makes K-cups, and their Dark Italian Roast is some kinda wonderful. But you know, it makes a difference when you drink coffee black - bitterness becomes a real issue - and I cannot get a cup of Starbucks down to save my life. Likewise McDonald's, lord have mercy, that is some awful coffee.
I have a keurig 2.0 for when I want hot coffee but I bought the reusable cups (eko brew or something like that) from amazon that you can put ground coffee beans into. Depending on how fine/coarse the grind is you can end up with a little bit grinds in your cup but it is significantly cheaper than any cups I used to buy.

JMB17

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year

I actually had a cup of Eight O'clock yesterday. My coworker brought them to work saying it doesn't fit her Keurig so I just opened up a few of them and made a good ol pot of coffee.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I actually had a cup of Eight O'clock yesterday. My coworker brought them to work saying it doesn't fit her Keurig so I just opened up a few of them and made a good ol pot of coffee.
Yeah, I used to drink and enjoy this quite often until I switched over to flavored coffees.

JMB17

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I can't do flavoured coffee unless I'm feeling fancy and stop by Starbucks.

VU Sponsors