Become a Patron!

Do you limit the amount of cycles for your batteries or charge them whenever?

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I generally see they rate the lifetime of batteries by the amount of charging cycles they can endure.

I always wait until my batteries are near dead or dead before charging in order to limit the amount of cycles they have and to lengthen their lifetime. I do this with other battery gadgets as well, not just vaporizers. I think that this may be better for the batteries rather than plugging them in when they're only about half drained, but I want to know if I'm right or if it does not matter.

What do you guys think? Will a battery last more months if you only charge it when it is nearly dead, thus reducing the amount of times it charges?

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
So I generally see they rate the lifetime of batteries by the amount of charging cycles they can endure.

I always wait until my batteries are near dead or dead before charging in order to limit the amount of cycles they have and to lengthen their lifetime. I do this with other battery gadgets as well, not just vaporizers. I think that this may be better for the batteries rather than plugging them in when they're only about half drained, but I want to know if I'm right or if it does not matter.

What do you guys think? Will a battery last more months if you only charge it when it is nearly dead, thus reducing the amount of times it charges?
Batteries are pretty cheap and last about a year before ditching, but could go sooner. You will know when its time, when your charge does not hold as long as you were use to. And no I never count cycles.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Nope not with the batteries we use. The life isn't extended whether you charge half way or let them drain - they end up with the same number of full cycles (if that makes sense). Never let your batteries drain fully (usually you can't anyway).

shynsly

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Barkt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't count cycles, but i do rotate. I have 3 batteries (or sets of batteries) for each mod I use. Labeled them A B and C and rotate through them.

GrayVaper

Drips in Public
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For my Sigelei 150, I have two sets of Sony VTC-4's labled "1,2,3,and 4". 1&2 are married as are 3&4. Although they would love to have open relationships, I keep them paired and reverse the order after each use. Ex: (left to right) 2,1 come out to be charged, they load into the charger 1,2 and then into a plastic case in that order for their next use. I do this to try to maximize even discharge since the Sigelei runs them in series.
Beyond that, when running my mechs I start to feel the strength wain around 3.6, 3.7 volts and yank em for the charger or, I will often be running off with a mech in hand and swap out a battery with 3.9ish charge for a completely refreshed 4.2 volt just for the little extra endurance.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I use regulated devices which run my batteries down to about 3.2v at which point they get charged.

You will notice when your batteries get near the end of their life and will have plenty of time to order replacements before you send them off to be recycled.

VU Sponsors