Become a Patron!

Do you prefer higher ohm series or low ohm parallel and why?

Lucros

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a tube and a pulse Mech (disappointment lol), but I was wanting a parallel or a series but I don’t know which I would prefer, I like quick ramp up time and from my understanding a series ramps up quicker, I always run dual coils typically in the .18-.25 range, no real interest I. Doing that super subohm lol I like my fingers

I did see the hammer of godv3 says it’s a parallel but also says it runs at 8.4v, how would this be possible?

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Going to go with the logic of the simplest answer being the best: if you always build between .18-.25, forget about getting a series box or a parallel-series box like the HOGv3...just stick with a parallel or a standard single battery mech. It’s much safer to adjust ramp up time by tinkering with different types of coil builds and wire type than it is to double your voltage output going through the coils. There’s a lot of technical stuff behind it, but that part of my brain fell asleep earlier tonight...I’m sure if you need specs or in-depth reasons someone smarter and more alert than me could go into that. I just didn’t want a question like yours to go unanswered for too long considering the ramifications of making the wrong choice.

You're not drinking water are you?! You realize that stuff is found in antifreeze!?!

Lucros

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Going to go with the logic of the simplest answer being the best: if you always build between .18-.25, forget about getting a series box or a parallel-series box like the HOGv3...just stick with a parallel or a standard single battery mech. It’s much safer to adjust ramp up time by tinkering with different types of coil builds and wire type than it is to double your voltage output going through the coils. There’s a lot of technical stuff behind it, but that part of my brain fell asleep earlier tonight...I’m sure if you need specs or in-depth reasons someone smarter and more alert than me could go into that. I just didn’t want a question like yours to go unanswered for too long considering the ramifications of making the wrong choice.

You're not drinking water are you?! You realize that stuff is found in antifreeze!?!

Thank you for replying, and if I had a series I wouldn’t build lower then a .34 on a 30amp cdr battery, At the end of the day I probably won’t know which I like better until I get one, I have a Mech Tube coming in so trying to find out what’s going to give me the best ramp up time compared to vapor production, will probably end up doing a twisted wire 24g ss316l

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You don’t have to make Clapton’s or twisted wire to get what it sounds like you’re shooting for. Watch some tutorials on Parallel Coils...that type of coil really shines with a tube mech...that’s all I used when I first switched to tube mechs...these were my two favorites:
1b1434a9266cbf0d15d6ae667e27b156.jpg

24ga Nichrome 80 2-Strand Parallel Coils...8 wraps around a 2.4mm precision screwdriver in a dual configuration
f1ddaa91706a085d2a861a3eac01ebe0.jpg

26ga Nichrome 80 3-Strand Parallel Coils...7 wraps around a 2.4mm precision screwdriver in a dual configuration

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At the end of the day I probably won’t know which I like better until I get one
check out the noisy cricket II, it has unregulated series and parallel modes, pretty cheap and tough. its a good way to try both styles of vaping. it also has a hexohm style regulated series mode. series is one of my favorites, you just have to build different coils for all that voltage.

I did see the hammer of godv3 says it’s a parallel but also says it runs at 8.4v, how would this be possible?
the hog v3 is two sets of parallel batteries, in series, so you get 2x the mah, amps and voltage of a single 18650 from 4 18650s.

Lucros

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You don’t have to make Clapton’s or twisted wire to get what it sounds like you’re shooting for. Watch some tutorials on Parallel Coils...that type of coil really shines with a tube mech...that’s all I used when I first switched to tube mechs...these were my two favorites:

24ga Nichrome 80 2-Strand Parallel Coils...8 wraps around a 2.4mm precision screwdriver in a dual configuration

26ga Nichrome 80 3-Strand Parallel Coils...7 wraps around a 2.4mm precision screwdriver in a dual configuration

I do know how to do parallel, I just need to figure out how to use my coil jig without messing up the lead that’s inserted into it when I pull the coil off, and I only have ss316l for the moment, hows ramp up on those coils on a 18650 Tube?

Lucros

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
check out the noisy cricket II, it has unregulated series and parallel modes, pretty cheap and tough. its a good way to try both styles of vaping. it also has a hexohm style regulated series mode. series is one of my favorites, you just have to build different coils for all that voltage.

the hog v3 is two sets of parallel batteries, in series, so you get 2x the mah, amps and voltage of a single 18650 from 4 18650s.

So the noisy cricket 2 you can switch between parallel or series whenever you’d like? And I’d like that hog v3 but it’s like 225$ D:

irradiated

Member For 4 Years
So the noisy cricket 2 you can switch between parallel or series whenever you’d like? And I’d like that hog v3 but it’s like 225$ D:

Yes, it can. It has a neat PCB on the bottom plate that you can flip over for series or parallel. Parallel you can only do the straight 'unregulated' style, just the straight voltage from the batteries in parallel, but in series you get 2-6v VV, or hold the fire button for 10 seconds while it's turned off, and you get unregulated style series. It was my first series mod, it's a nice way to get comfortable with series mechs while still having the safety net of a regulated mod. I basically never run it in the 2-6v VV mode, and I don't use parallel often either.. if you've used a tube mech, parallel will feel exactly the same. Except you can build a bit lower in a safe manner vs a tube mod.

It also cost me like $25 or something ridiculously cheap on FastTech. It's a good beater mod, but it'll look like a beater within a month.. the finish on it sucks, the brushed chrome stuff has mostly rubbed off and it's ugly.. but I still love it for $25, I'd like to get another one just because they're great, and not much else is as much of a jack-of-all-trades mod. If you decide to pick one up, be aware there's a 25mm version and a 22mm version.

HOG v3 or the MCM Underground parallel box with the para-series extender thingy are on my list for next mod I think.. once my poor wallet can swing it.

PS, IDK what RDAs you're using, but certain RDAs lend themselves well to series and some don't.. you need a lot of room for those massive coils. :)

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes, you change between serial or parallel mode by flipping the bottom board of the cricket 2. However, in one of the modes (series if I remember correctly), you can have full power to the Atty, or regulated/reduced output via the poti on the mod. Switching between the regulated, or full power, is done with the fire button. As mentioned, I don't remember the details. However, it's in the manual, and shown in some of the review videos on YouTube.

Lucros

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes, it can. It has a neat PCB on the bottom plate that you can flip over for series or parallel. Parallel you can only do the straight 'unregulated' style, just the straight voltage from the batteries in parallel, but in series you get 2-6v VV, or hold the fire button for 10 seconds while it's turned off, and you get unregulated style series. It was my first series mod, it's a nice way to get comfortable with series mechs while still having the safety net of a regulated mod. I basically never run it in the 2-6v VV mode, and I don't use parallel often either.. if you've used a tube mech, parallel will feel exactly the same. Except you can build a bit lower in a safe manner vs a tube mod.

It also cost me like $25 or something ridiculously cheap on FastTech. It's a good beater mod, but it'll look like a beater within a month.. the finish on it sucks, the brushed chrome stuff has mostly rubbed off and it's ugly.. but I still love it for $25, I'd like to get another one just because they're great, and not much else is as much of a jack-of-all-trades mod. If you decide to pick one up, be aware there's a 25mm version and a 22mm version.

HOG v3 or the MCM Underground parallel box with the para-series extender thingy are on my list for next mod I think.. once my poor wallet can swing it.

PS, IDK what RDAs you're using, but certain RDAs lend themselves well to series and some don't.. you need a lot of room for those massive coils. :)

Thank you for the reply! I’m gonna call around and see if a local vape store has one at non ridiculous prices, currently I have the Mesh Pro rda which I’ve basically retired after a week lol, Pulse 24 and the drop rda, wouldn’t be opposed to picking something up in the $30 range though

WhiteAce

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I can vouch for the top pics coil, it blows other wire types away and the parallel build is just as good as a clapton in my experience.

irradiated

Member For 4 Years
Thank you for the reply! I’m gonna call around and see if a local vape store has one at non ridiculous prices, currently I have the Mesh Pro rda which I’ve basically retired after a week lol, Pulse 24 and the drop rda, wouldn’t be opposed to picking something up in the $30 range though

The pulse and the drop should work for series builds, I'm sure they have alot of room. Pulse might be a little trickier, I think the deck is a bit crowded with the pipes on the top but probably just fine.. my personal favourites for series are the Kennedy 24 2-post and the Mini Temple from Vaperz Cloud. I REALLY want to get a Temple neutral-post but I don't have anything 30mm yet.. been on the look out for a neutral post RDA in 24 or 25mm that isn't the Neutron.

For builds, I like kanthal or nichrome fused claptons that are around 0.30 to 0.33. Kanthal is kinda nice for series, a little bit extra resistance, and the extra ramp up time vs nichrome isn't an issue on series. I don't recommend pushing it below 0.3, but I've done 0.25 on the Cricket II with no issues and solid batteries. I wouldn't dare go that low on one of my series mechs though, 0.3 is the hard limit I set for that. 0.3 is still ROWDY, 0.25 is a little too intense and a little too low to be worth it. I'd start at 0.5 and work your way down to 0.3 and see how hot you prefer it to be.

I definitely recommend the cricket II if you want to try series, it's been my preferred way to vape ever since.. the vapour production is intense, and the perfect throat hit for me. The vapour pours out like cream. :) I do still love a good tube mech, but series is my favourite hands down. Just be careful, it's a lot of power to tame, and safety is the most important thing.

PS, I use LG HB6 30a 1500mah batteries.. if you run 0.30 series at 8.4v, then that's 28a. Definitely doable for VTC5a's as well I believe, especially after voltage drop, but just be aware.

Lucros

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The pulse and the drop should work for series builds, I'm sure they have alot of room. Pulse might be a little trickier, I think the deck is a bit crowded with the pipes on the top but probably just fine.. my personal favourites for series are the Kennedy 24 2-post and the Mini Temple from Vaperz Cloud. I REALLY want to get a Temple neutral-post but I don't have anything 30mm yet.. been on the look out for a neutral post RDA in 24 or 25mm that isn't the Neutron.

For builds, I like kanthal or nichrome fused claptons that are around 0.30 to 0.33. Kanthal is kinda nice for series, a little bit extra resistance, and the extra ramp up time vs nichrome isn't an issue on series. I don't recommend pushing it below 0.3, but I've done 0.25 on the Cricket II with no issues and solid batteries. I wouldn't dare go that low on one of my series mechs though, 0.3 is the hard limit I set for that. 0.3 is still ROWDY, 0.25 is a little too intense and a little too low to be worth it. I'd start at 0.5 and work your way down to 0.3 and see how hot you prefer it to be.

I definitely recommend the cricket II if you want to try series, it's been my preferred way to vape ever since.. the vapour production is intense, and the perfect throat hit for me. The vapour pours out like cream. :) I do still love a good tube mech, but series is my favourite hands down. Just be careful, it's a lot of power to tame, and safety is the most important thing.

PS, I use LG HB6 30a 1500mah batteries.. if you run 0.30 series at 8.4v, then that's 28a. Definitely doable for VTC5a's as well I believe, especially after voltage drop, but just be aware.

Thanks for the awesome reply! And I have 2x hb6 and 2 x vtc5A no shops in my area thy I called (the only one I would think might have it was closed today) had any unregulated series mods
-_-

irradiated

Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the awesome reply! And I have 2x hb6 and 2 x vtc5A no shops in my area thy I called (the only one I would think might have it was closed today) had any unregulated series mods
-_-

Are you from America? I'm Canadian, but I know this site is pretty good:

http://dragonsdenvapor.com/

Also this place from the Phillippines:

http://www.theserialvapist.com/

If you want a series mech, you're probably going to have to pay quite a bit for a quality piece. Not something you'll often find in B&M stores either, at least that I've seen. My local shop has some really old authentics for like $200 each lol, Abaddon and Lucifer both by El Diablo. Lucifer seems like a nice enough mod but looks a little finicky. You could always get a clone series mech, but I don't know much about them. I much prefer authentics generally.

VaperzCloud has nice prices, probably your best bet for a quality series mech at a decent price.

This is the Canadian site:

https://vaperzcloud.ca/collections/mech-mods

Stacked X2 series tube for $130cad.. I almost bought it but I ended up buying an MCM Underground series box instead. They have the Stratus and VCP series mods under box mods as well. Or the XXX/11:11 and the stacked extension.. pricey though.

The American VC site has different stock, also a good place to look.

Of course, there's always the original Noisy Cricket... but I'd stay away from that myself, I wouldn't trust it, and it's only 22mm.

Cheers man, let me know if I can help some more. :)

Lucros

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are you from America? I'm Canadian, but I know this site is pretty good:

http://dragonsdenvapor.com/

Also this place from the Phillippines:

http://www.theserialvapist.com/

If you want a series mech, you're probably going to have to pay quite a bit for a quality piece. Not something you'll often find in B&M stores either, at least that I've seen. My local shop has some really old authentics for like $200 each lol, Abaddon and Lucifer both by El Diablo. Lucifer seems like a nice enough mod but looks a little finicky. You could always get a clone series mech, but I don't know much about them. I much prefer authentics generally.

VaperzCloud has nice prices, probably your best bet for a quality series mech at a decent price.

This is the Canadian site:

https://vaperzcloud.ca/collections/mech-mods

Stacked X2 series tube for $130cad.. I almost bought it but I ended up buying an MCM Underground series box instead. They have the Stratus and VCP series mods under box mods as well. Or the XXX/11:11 and the stacked extension.. pricey though.

The American VC site has different stock, also a good place to look.

Of course, there's always the original Noisy Cricket... but I'd stay away from that myself, I wouldn't trust it, and it's only 22mm.

Cheers man, let me know if I can help some more. :)

I like that XXX tube, out of my price range right now though, 290 for the tube and extension is a little rich for my blood, will definitely be on my list though I love that it can use 20700 batteries as well as 18650

Why wouldn’t you trust the noisy cricket? I wouldn’t get the first one though I’d get the noisy cricket 2

irradiated

Member For 4 Years
I like that XXX tube, out of my price range right now though, 290 for the tube and extension is a little rich for my blood, will definitely be on my list though I love that it can use 20700 batteries as well as 18650

Why wouldn’t you trust the noisy cricket? I wouldn’t get the first one though I’d get the noisy cricket 2

Because it's a cheap piece of crap.. not something I'd trust my personal safety to. It's not a ticking bomb or anything but yeah, I'd rather stay away from it. The button is crappy, and the plastic sticker insulator stuff is crappy too, peels off when you get juice on it. Just my opinion, but I don't want to run 8.4v through a $10 mod haha.

That's what I said to myself about the XXX tube as well. The price is hefty. You can get the tube and then the extension later though, but even the tube mod alone is pretty steep. The VCP or the X2 both look like solid choices though! I was getting the X2 but I managed to pick up an MCM Underground series box for $100 so I jumped on that instead. Hyped for it to get here. :D

82BVc8N.jpg

irradiated

Member For 4 Years
Because it's a cheap piece of crap.. not something I'd trust my personal safety to. It's not a ticking bomb or anything but yeah, I'd rather stay away from it. The button is crappy, and the plastic sticker insulator stuff is crappy too, peels off when you get juice on it. Just my opinion, but I don't want to run 8.4v through a $10 mod haha.

That's what I said to myself about the XXX tube as well. The price is hefty. You can get the tube and then the extension later though, but even the tube mod alone is pretty steep. The VCP or the X2 both look like solid choices though! I was getting the X2 but I managed to pick up an MCM Underground series box for $100 so I jumped on that instead. Hyped for it to get here. :D

View attachment 99825

First paragraph was a little unclear, I was talking about the Cricket 1. I'd trust the Cricket 2 100%.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
First paragraph was a little unclear, I was talking about the Cricket 1. I'd trust the Cricket 2 100%.
The cricket 2 is a solid mod. Probably one of the best things to come from wismec. I really want to find a skyladon. Those seem like good mods. They should have given you the choice to run the machina hybrid like they did the skyladon.

Thee nc1 and nc2 are good mods. Basically you saying if I don't spend 100 on a series or any mech mod it's not worthy? That sounds like elitist, ignorant, snobby advice. The nc1 also has a wonderful switch upgrade. I wish they made the 2 to do series and parallel no regulation. Now that would have been solid

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

irradiated

Member For 4 Years
The cricket 2 is a solid mod. Probably one of the best things to come from wismec. I really want to find a skyladon. Those seem like good mods. They should have given you the choice to run the machina hybrid like they did the skyladon.

Thee nc1 and nc2 are good mods. Basically you saying if I don't spend 100 on a series or any mech mod it's not worthy? That sounds like elitist, ignorant, snobby advice. The nc1 also has a wonderful switch upgrade. I wish they made the 2 to do series and parallel no regulation. Now that would have been solid

Where did I say that...? The Cricket II is a $25 mod and I recommend it. The NC1 switch upgrade is like $20-30 so not really worth it imo.. but I was talking about the base cricket. Which I wouldn't trust with 8.4v of power because it's kinda junk without the upgrade. I said it's not a ticking time bomb too, just my preference to not use it. Use whatever you want to use, I don't care. Not really fond of the insults though man, especially when you're insulting me for something I didn't say.

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Or... There's the new Noisy Cricket. Luxotic NC from Wismec. I don't believe it's out yet, but it's switchable from a little toggle on top of the mod. I think the mod by itself will go for around $40-50, or it can be had with the Guillatine (or whatever) v2.

I use a NC v1 and like it fine. I am aware of what I'm doing and I don't feel like it's too dangerous to use. That said it is a bit concerning that you'd have to unthread either the fire button or hybrid cap/atty in order to break an auto-fired situation. I may very well chuck the whole thing if that happened which would take my atty with it and that would suck.

The NC II comes in 22 or 24mm configurations. Whoever said it only comes in 22mm is incorrect.

I absolutely LOVE the way my 528 Customs squonker fires with the fused claptons in one of my Dead Rabbits. I dig series, but I don't get anything from that that I don't get from parallel. Seriously, it's just as violent as my NC. Stacked mAh and amps? Definitely my style.
961f5b64d1d0356f29128312519f469e.jpg
643d975c4a849489c03e130440469aca.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Series Mods are fun, you use them with builds with a lot of wire mass. A good series mod will hit hard, in your face like a freight train. The Noisy Cricket is a cheap throw away series Mech mod. Because they were so cheap a lot of people who should never have touched a Mech mod picked one up and got into trouble. But in it's defense it is a very good cheap series mod that Jaybo really did a decent job for it was exactly what he designed it for. The NC V2 is a hybrid unregulated/regulated Mod, not a Mech and actually is decent for people wanting to stick their toe into the water.

Anyway, yeah I love Series Mod's and have a few of them. My favorites are
  • Elite
  • HOG V3
The Elite IMO is almost as perfect of a Mod as one can get, the HOG V3 is a very fun BEAST that I break out when I wanna really be obnoxious with clouds.

I'll pop either the Voltrove RTA on or the Prophet triple coil beasts on and get serious.

4dBRlYz.jpg
tSQEmKv.jpg

dbnj5uq.jpg

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
They both have their place and I like them both equally but for different reasons. Generally will run parallel when carrying a mech out and about and need simplicity that I don't have to think about once it is setup. I like series when chasing clouds or pushing fancy coils.

Im currently on China time waiting on one of these, not familiar with the brand but its priced right for what it is and can be 1-3 batteries.

http://www.3fvape.com/mechanical-mo...2-3-x-18650.html?search_query=22027&results=1

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I always enjoyed parallels... Allowed me to run what I ran on tubes with little worry... more of a, "Don's a lazy ass builder and builds the same Fused and Aliens" sort of thing lol

Although I will admit I moved to a different format of vaping ( Squonking .30+) and I don't think I could DTL the lower builds I used to, in fact I tried it a few weeks ago and I almost passed out.

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They both have their place and I like them both equally but for different reasons. Generally will run parallel when carrying a mech out and about and need simplicity that I don't have to think about once it is setup. I like series when chasing clouds or pushing fancy coils.

Im currently on China time waiting on one of these, not familiar with the brand but its priced right for what it is and can be 1-3 batteries.

http://www.3fvape.com/mechanical-mo...2-3-x-18650.html?search_query=22027&results=1
Crazy! I've never seen a 3x18650 tube before. Go from that to a single 18350? Sounds like fun. Looks like it's high quality from the video. I don't recognize that alloy. Do you know anything about it? Please let us know what you think about it once you get it. Great. Now I'm waiting on the slow boat and I don't even have anything coming.

Having both the noisey cricket v2 and a tuglyfe v2 series mod, I would say series is the way to go especially for massive coils. And to be honest the only time I run the cricket is if I have some premade coils that are just to low to run on the tuglyfe, as I have been trying to find some good premade Clapton or alien wire that I can just wrap to get up the .4 .5 ohm range to run on the tuglyfe. Do any of you have any suggestions for any spools of Clapton or alien wire?

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The nice thing about the NC v1 is that you return to the era of "build that over 1 ohm coil!" and get control again.

I'd like to get an NC v2, but not at the prices for a regulated mod.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Having both the noisey cricket v2 and a tuglyfe v2 series mod, I would say series is the way to go especially for massive coils. And to be honest the only time I run the cricket is if I have some premade coils that are just to low to run on the tuglyfe, as I have been trying to find some good premade Clapton or alien wire that I can just wrap to get up the .4 .5 ohm range to run on the tuglyfe. Do any of you have any suggestions for any spools of Clapton or alien wire?
I spin my own, it's actually pretty damn easy. But if you don't want too I do know that @advancedvapesupply is very popular here on VU. Stay away from 32g wrapping wire. Get wrapping wire that is no fatter than 36g, personally I use 38g mostly.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Crazy! I've never seen a 3x18650 tube before. Go from that to a single 18350? Sounds like fun. Looks like it's high quality from the video. I don't recognize that alloy. Do you know anything about it? Please let us know what you think about it once you get it. Great. Now I'm waiting on the slow boat and I don't even have anything coming.

After spending some time with what my wife calls the scepter mod, I dig it. I think the metal alloy can be translated as metal alloy with a fancy name.

I keep building 30mm rda’s because it makes it look like a scepter but the damn thing hits hard and harder. I keep having to add coil mass to cool the vape down and slow the ramp. Also experimenting with some different lower amp batteries and more resistive magnets to retard the output slightly.

I am buying the other ones in other colors since there is nothing to stop me from marrying the tubes and using 6, 9 or 12 batteries if I could come up with a build and lower amp batteries that wouldn’t start a fire.

I very much like this mod.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

The Cricket 2 is a steal. They have a new one coming the NC dual but it costs more. Looks damn nice though.
Tesla Invader 3 is also great for the price.
If you want series boxes just get a PWM (cricket 2, tesla and nc dual are the cheapest).

Now having written that I love a stacked tube. I can take off the stack for lower ohm builds and leave it for a higher ohm. A stacked tube hits hard.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Often times the ohms I vape at on a stacked tube (I own 8 of them) are lower than the ohms a lot of people vape at on a parallel mech so that's why. A paraseries mech is also among my favorite options (I own four of them, all four of them are Hammer Of God).

Below are some examples of what I use for a series mech.

2×21700:
Scoundrels.jpg

3×20700:
turbo stingray twiztid.jpg

4×18650:
Purge Maelstrom stacked.jpg

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
After spending some time with what my wife calls the scepter mod, I dig it. I think the metal alloy can be translated as metal alloy with a fancy name.

I keep building 30mm rda’s because it makes it look like a scepter but the damn thing hits hard and harder. I keep having to add coil mass to cool the vape down and slow the ramp. Also experimenting with some different lower amp batteries and more resistive magnets to retard the output slightly.

I am buying the other ones in other colors since there is nothing to stop me from marrying the tubes and using 6, 9 or 12 batteries if I could come up with a build and lower amp batteries that wouldn’t start a fire.

I very much like this mod.
I dig the spirit behind stacking so many cells, but I don't know that I'd have the guts to try it myself. Thanks for getting back to us. :)
Often times the ohms I vape at on a stacked tube (I own 8 of them) are lower than the ohms a lot of people vape at on a parallel mech so that's why. A paraseries mech is also among my favorite options (I own four of them, all four of them are Hammer Of God).

Below are some examples of what I use for a series mech.

2×21700:
View attachment 110213

3×20700:
View attachment 110211

4×18650:
View attachment 110212
And now I've seen it all. Or at least a big chunk of madness that I wasn't expecting. Bravo! Especially on that Purge mash-up.

I wonder if any of my mods can be Frankensteined together. Maybe the Rig with an 18650 and a NATO with a 21700 and a bit of duct tape?

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I dig the spirit behind stacking so many cells, but I don't know that I'd have the guts to try it myself. Thanks for getting back to us. :)
And now I've seen it all. Or at least a big chunk of madness that I wasn't expecting. Bravo! Especially on that Purge mash-up.

I wonder if any of my mods can be Frankensteined together. Maybe the Rig with an 18650 and a NATO with a 21700 and a bit of duct tape?

I will not be stacking any more than 3 in series and likely not more than 2. Its nice to have the option if there ever was a reason but at this point there isn't and frankly it just is not safe. If you frankenstein your mods, they may go together but might not come apart. You would be better off buying a clone series tube or box mod than trying to tape something together that has the potential to blow up in your face. I feel confident you are joking but just sayin' (sic), just in case.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I want to see a video of you hitting that with all those fully charged vapecells you have. 3X cells is hot as hell. That has to just be nasty as shit.
For reasons that are obvious, I'm not planning to vape on that setup (hint: look at the filename of the pic :D). But I can attest that the vape I get with four fully charged VTC5A batteries in series is not too hot... here's a pic of my coil build that's in my brass Purge Mods Maelstrom RDA.

stapled tiger.jpg

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
For reasons that are obvious, I'm not planning to vape on that setup (hint: look at the filename of the pic :D). But I can attest that the vape I get with four fully charged VTC5A batteries in series is not too hot... here's a pic of my coil build that's in my brass Purge Mods Maelstrom RDA.

View attachment 111185

Is that a ribbon cable wrapped clapton cable? I am genuinely curious. That actually may be what I am looking for to tame this 3 X 18650 stacked mod.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Is that a ribbon cable wrapped clapton cable? I am genuinely curious. That actually may be what I am looking for to tame this 3 X 18650 stacked mod.
2 strands of .3×.1 KA1 ribbon twisted together tightly, then clapton'd around that with 38g Ni80, and finally turned that into a tiger variant by twisting it with another strand of .3×.1 KA1 ribbon. The idea is to take advantage of the springiness by coiling it up around a smaller coil tool or screwdriver than you normally would to make it the inner diameter you want. Getting the waves/bumps all evenly lined up is purely for cosmetics... you need to be a pro wringer for this. :D The coils will still be a wee bit floppy/springy even after you finished dry firing them. I consider that a good thing, as it is what adds that extra little bit of resilience to them, and that you're going to learn to appreciate as you're going to hold their side with your fingernail whilst you pull your wicks through them. Mounting this build without getting it all bent out of shape can prove to be somewhat of a challenge, though. The Purge Mods build deck is only a 19.5mm build deck so you need to take that also into account when judging how it vapes. The cap that matches this particular build deck has no adjustable airflow. It basically means this:

79ec0727495e07efb40dbcaf0ae1bd82.gif

The tiger coil build was originally invented by a guy named Leo S on YouTube, here:

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
2 strands of .3×.1 KA1 ribbon twisted together tightly, then clapton'd around that with 38g Ni80, and finally turned that into a tiger variant by twisting it with another strand of .3×.1 KA1 ribbon. The idea is to take advantage of the springiness by coiling it up around a smaller coil tool or screwdriver than you normally would to make it the inner diameter you want. Getting the waves/bumps all evenly lined up is purely for cosmetics... you need to be a pro wringer for this. :D The coils will still be a wee bit floppy/springy even after you finished dry firing them. I consider that a good thing, as it is what adds that extra little bit of resilience to them, and that you're going to learn to appreciate as you're going to hold their side with your fingernail whilst you pull your wicks through them. Mounting this build without getting it all bent out of shape can prove to be somewhat of a challenge, though. The Purge Mods build deck is only a 19.5mm build deck so you need to take that also into account when judging how it vapes. The cap that matches this particular build deck has no adjustable airflow. It basically means this:

79ec0727495e07efb40dbcaf0ae1bd82.gif

The tiger coil build was originally invented by a guy named Leo S on YouTube, here:

Nice. Been experimenting with some NI80 and Kanthal builds but not the ribbon cable, and have plenty rolls of ribbon. Thanks for the info.

twan013

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
If I can temporarily hijack this thread, I'm trying to figure out exactly the same as the op. However my question is this:

Given proper battery and coil specs for each (parallel and series), will 100w give the same vape? For example, will a parallel mod and low ohm coil build give the same as a series with higher resistance build? The reason I ask is because in my experience, a low build looks goofy in my rdas (I hate having long leads just to fit in the posts). I think I'd like to build for series just to fill out my atties with wire, and it still be functional. I've only used simple twisted, parallel, and prewrapped coils. Soon I will get a daedalus pro to build my own fused claptons.

All I know for certain is I want good looking builds, obnoxious clouds, good flavor, and decent battery life. I'd also like to rock a 30mm RDA on top of my self built CNC'd 1590b box.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If I can temporarily hijack this thread, I'm trying to figure out exactly the same as the op. However my question is this:

Given proper battery and coil specs for each (parallel and series), will 100w give the same vape? For example, will a parallel mod and low ohm coil build give the same as a series with higher resistance build? The reason I ask is because in my experience, a low build looks goofy in my rdas (I hate having long leads just to fit in the posts). I think I'd like to build for series just to fill out my atties with wire, and it still be functional. I've only used simple twisted, parallel, and prewrapped coils. Soon I will get a daedalus pro to build my own fused claptons.

All I know for certain is I want good looking builds, obnoxious clouds, good flavor, and decent battery life. I'd also like to rock a 30mm RDA on top of my self built CNC'd 1590b box.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
IME it doesn't give the same vape even though in a (limited) number of cases it will still be possible to make it a highly similar vape. I don't actually even own any parallel mods... just a whole bunch of tubes of various types and sizes, four HOGs, and a pair of PWM boxes (and three regulated mods that I rarely use these days). All of my atomizers are authentic RDAs. The 30mm ones I own are:
  • 2× Buddha V4
  • 2× 30mm Deathtrap
  • 30mm Mason Gemini Series II, with the matching postless deck
  • 30mm Mason V2
  • Temple 2 NP ("Neutral Post")
The optional "Neutral Post" doubles up the resistance of a dual coil build vs a single coil instead of halving it, i.e. if a single coil ohms out at .12 ohms, for example, then dualing this coil ohms out at .24 instead of .06 ohms.

VU Sponsors