Become a Patron!

Do you rewick for each new flavour, or let it come through on its own?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi everyone.

I was wondering myself today, as I own a lot of rebuildables, do most of you rewick for a new flavour (DIY) or do you use the same wicks?

I generally have at least one dripper or tank set up with fresh wicks and coils-but if I am using for instance a billow V2, I do vape one flavour, then the next few tankfuls another.

Sometimes, you can tell there are remnants of the old flavour, and some taste quite nice, but this seems to go away fairly quickly and the new flavour comes through.

So-how do you do it? Do you wick for each flavour change, or just rewick on a set basis?

Thanks everyone, Conan.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I rewick when I'm dripping
I don't when I'm using RTAS , since all my juices have similar flavor profiles, but if ur jumping from desert to fruity juice yeah go ahead give it a good wash...

VAPE ON

decisively_unsure

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't rewick, I just expect the first one or two drips to have both flavour profiles, so make sure that I don't mix clashing flavours.

If a flavour keeps sticking around after several drips then it is likely a wicking issue rather than the flavour "sticking".

Last edited:

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I change wicking with new flavors, but I have enough RDA's and RTA's so I don't often need to do that. I have one RTA dedicated to Pluid. Once you use that flavor, you cannot get it out of a tank!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I change wicking with new flavors, but I have enough RDA's and RTA's so I don't often need to do that. I have one RTA dedicated to Pluid. Once you use that flavor, you cannot get it out of a tank!
"Pluid". That doesn't even sound Earth-based.
So I looked it up... doesn't look it either. :rolleyes:

Anise, eh? Yeah... that's an easy addition to the short list of "what the hell's that underlying flavor?"

:p
OMG, I tried that rancid liquid once....:confused:....LOL!! Not only did I have to wash the tank, I also had to recoil, re-wick, and spray a ton of Lysol in my office....and even then, the aroma lasted for a couple of days......:eek:

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I'm testing out new batches of DIY recipes, I change my wicks between flavors and wipe up/dry burn the coils to get rid of as much of the previous flavor out of there as possible. I don't get crazy on it, but I try to get as much as I can of the previous flavor up and out before rewicking. It's become as much a part of my "testing" ritual as anything else.

But if I'm vaping and just lounging around, I'll let like-flavors run through each other. I feel lazy doing that, but ... meh.

For instance, my Haze dripper - I'd hate to disassemble, wash, dry, reassemble and rewick it every time I wanted to switch up my flavors. So as long as it's going blueberry to melons to pear to coconut etc (for example) - it'll just run through and be fine. If I wanted to, say, switch over a tobacco - then I'd have to rewick. I do not care for fruity-tobacco concoctions much. Raspberry being the exception.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK so it seems most do the same as me then, apart from strong flavours. One flavour I love is rootbeer-I live in the UK and its not readily available like ginger beer, that you DO need to rewick after you have vaped it .

i have plenty of Drippers and tanks like @Zamazam , so could in theory use one for each flavour-but I enjoy the qualities of each different tank/dripper so that never happens lol.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just give the sponge a good rinse and put it back the atty....I love anise juices....and pluid is god awful.

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I rewick my drippers if I'm vaping the flavor for a long time. I can sample flavors without rewicking when it's just a drip or two.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I rewick my drippers if I'm vaping the flavor for a long time. I can sample flavors without rewicking when it's just a drip or two.
I do find that rewicking drippers is something I do more often than tanks. I think that is due to most Drippers being much more simple to do though-I quite like the RDTA's that are out now, and own quite a few-from the Aromamizer to unknown brands called a bullfighter (that is actually bloody good, and real cheap too!)

I will be honest-'Manual' dripping I had been going off of with the rise of the new tanks that taste great.

But now with the RDTA's, and dripper tanks like the Haze, I am dripping again and loving it :). (Both the standard way and with RDTA's)

tomdon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It depends. Super strong flavors like root beer or cola kinda require new wicks. But fruity flavers usually just go away with a few drops of unflavored vg

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do find that rewicking drippers is something I do more often than tanks. I think that is due to most Drippers being much more simple to do though-I quite like the RDTA's that are out now, and own quite a few-from the Aromamizer to unknown brands called a bullfighter (that is actually bloody good, and real cheap too!)

I will be honest-'Manual' dripping I had been going off of with the rise of the new tanks that taste great.

But now with the RDTA's, and dripper tanks like the Haze, I am dripping again and loving it :). (Both the standard way and with RDTA's)

I have a Bellus that I use most of the time. I just vape it so dry that when I turn it upside down there's no juice running down the glass then fill it up. That might be because I'm using rayon though. Still two good drags and the old flavor is gone.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
New flavor as in never tried before, always a new wick.
New flavor as in just changing it up to something else I like, depends on past experiences and how much the previous juice lingered and if the mixture will be good. I have some fruit flavors I always rewick after because they just linger 20 hits later you think it's gone then boom there it is again.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
New flavor as in never tried before, always a new wick.
New flavor as in just changing it up to something else I like, depends on past experiences and how much the previous juice lingered and if the mixture will be good. I have some fruit flavors I always rewick after because they just linger 20 hits later you think it's gone then boom there it is again.
Blueberry. I love me some blueberry, but everything for the next 3 tanks or so will have a tint of blue in the flavor.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yup, exactly, it's not always a bad thing, like switch to a vanilla custard and it's great. Or even a chocolaty one, scrumptious. But, when I want my pure subtle favorites but can't shake that hint of fruitiness it's always a bit disappointing.

Ding

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I rewick everytime and clean the tank/RDA.Once I have the wick in and drip some new juice on it,the cotton and coils,I will give it a couple of short bursts to load the cotton then let it sit overnight.that,at least for me takes the taste of the newness outa the cotton.I get pure flavor that way but YMMV

VU Sponsors