Do you use CDB oil?

Discussion in 'CBD Discussions' started by sundaydriver, Jun 25, 2017.

?

Do you use CBD regularly?

1. Yes Daily

28.6%
  2. Sometimes

23.8%
  3. Never

4.8%
  4. Not yet but I want to try it!

42.9%
  1. sundaydriver

sundaydriver New Member Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    I am just wondering if the CBD thing is here to stay or if it is just a fad?

Should all vapers start adding CBD to their flavors?

How are you using CBD currently? Does it work for you?

What brand is best?

Any recommendations for a newbie would be great! I tried some CBD oil before and I didn't really notice anything. I would like to give it another try but am not sure where to start or if it is really worth the extra cost.

Thanks for answering!

2. jmoney426

jmoney426 Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    So I recently ran out of my anti-anxiety meds and I had a horrible withdrawal over the past couple of weeks. I've been feeling horribly anxious, frustrated, irritable, depressed, and hopeless.

I bought a bottle of CBD oil by a company called CBD Drip in 14mg concentration. It's extracted from industrial hemp so there's no THC at all. The bottle says you can add it to your own ejuice or you can take it orally, dropped under the tongue.

Decided to give it a go today. Added it to my eliquid in my Mi One and I hated it... totally took over the flavor of my juice. Nasty.

I went ahead and put a drop under my tongue and literally 5-10 minutes later felt relaxed and focused again. No "high" at all. Placebo effect? I doubt it. My prescription will be filled tomorrow and I'll continue to take that but it's good to know I have a readily available alternative.

Fair warning though, it tastes terrible. Make sure you have something tasty to wash it down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

radiokimbo, gakudzu and sundaydriver like this.
  3. sundaydriver

sundaydriver New Member Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Interesting! Thank you for sharing that experience!

I suffer from anxiety as well so this is super helpful. I much rather prefer natural remedies over medication. Thanks again!

jmoney426 likes this.
  4. jmoney426

Blog Posts:
    Happy to help!

5. MagicJosh

MagicJosh Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I agree. It totally takes over any flavor in your e liquid. I know a chemist who makes the best cbd in my state of MA. In my honest opinion, Its a waste of money. If it was half the price of what they sell it for I would like it more. I would rather take camomile tea or melatonin It relaxes allot more and you can buy it at cvs or any pharmacy.

6. JackB

JackB New Member

Blog Posts:
    It seems to counter act my welbutrin. May be not a good mix.

7. BigNasty

BigNasty Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Try 5-ht. Only at bed time if you need it, or a nap cause that shit will drop you if your body needs it.

anything with caffeine will fuck up the welburtrin and nic+ caffeine will make you a batshit mess.

8. Gregjl

Gregjl Bronze Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Any benefits besides calming or is it all unknown right now?

9. jmoney426

Blog Posts:
    I've heard/read that it helps with pain, inflammation, even seizures and tremors when taken in high concentrations.

MyMagicMist and Gregjl like this.
  10. bdoon8251

bdoon8251 New Member

Blog Posts:
    I started using CBD 6 months ago. For 2 weeks or so I noticed nothing. Forgot I had mixed it in my tobacco flavored juice. Then when day walking home from my commuter bus I noticed my legs did not ache and my step was so light (I have osteo-arthritis as well as a total knee replacement that never healed correctly (it was the size of a softball for 2 years). I also have nodules on my lungs (smoked cigarettes until Sept 24, 2001). I envy you guys giving up cigarettes with Vaping ... no wonder the Royal Medical Society now rates ecigs and vaping as the number 1 cigarette smoking counter-measure.

11. BigNasty

BigNasty Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I used it for muscle issues, pain, spastic diaphragm post surgery and for mood stability.
    Used flower, extract, oil, and tinctures.
    Oil and tinctures were meh, the extract and flower with conjunction of the terpenes (organic compounds that smell like pine or fruit, much more interesting on how they effect the body) super charged it or at least made it felt more targeted.
    Some of the terpenes will stimulate blood flow, open up your airways or even kick on the cb2 receptors in your brain.

That is why I just shake my head at big pharmas take on converting it to bullshit.

12. MyMagicMist

MyMagicMist Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I'll preface this as only my subjective opinion. I think only those whom have a validated need for it should use it, and then responsibly, ethically. From what I understand it is legal to use here in WV. I've yet to try it myself but I've no doubt it is likely effective in offering a calming effect.

I think it is here to stay along with further decriminalization overall, from which it derives, even that which is now criminalized. Whew, hope I got around forum regs there. There are from my understanding around 28 states that are either in the process of decriminalizing for medical use, or recreational, both or already have it decriminalized. We've only 50 states, 28 out of 50 is more than half. For big government to continue denying the people desiring it decriminalized is a farce that fails holding any humor.

gakudzu, jj1257 and AndriaD like this.
  13. MyMagicMist

Blog Posts:
    Likewise. Not sure if it or the THC is what is required, but I've read from a few different independent sources that it can retard cancer cell growth near to the point of outright killing cancer. I know that seems a too good to be true statement. It may or may not be, I do not know, ergo only relay it as something I've read/heard.

jmoney426 likes this.
  14. Ms. Trixy

Ms. Trixy Plentiful Feasts and Happy Holidays to All VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    If you haven't endured extreme, suicidal pain you can FINALLY GET RELIEF FROM CBD,
    If she isn't a poster child for CBD, she should be.
    WATCH THIS!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    MyMagicMist likes this.
  15. Cosmic_Glaze

Cosmic_Glaze Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Here is the problem I've found so far with CBD in using it in your eliquid or buying pre-mixed CBD ejuice. The amount needed to give you an effective dose is way to low when vaping it. The cbd ejuice is way to expensive for the amount of actual cbd in it. The key thing to remember is it is not like buying normal ejuice. Bottle size means nothing. It's the mg of CBD in the bottle that count. You can buy a bottle of 15mg or 50mg of CBD in a ready to vape ejuice 30ml bottle but you need to vape the whole bottle(15mg) to really get what you may need to be a dose.
    Your better of using it by putting the drops under your tongue or buying the pills. The bottles that are 250mg or 350mg drop under the tongue. (Ex. Green Roads) You get a higher more effective dose.
    Now, I have not tried vaping it only using under the tongue, tincture method. I did the math and decided to use it that way. If it were possible to take only a few puffs now and then to get the desired mg intake I would not mind vaping it. I just don't want to replace my normal ejuice half the day to get the effect.
    Just my thoughts still new to this stuff.

16. fozzy71

fozzy71 Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Koi White is 1000mg per 30ml bottle ($100). I bought some of that after trying some pre-made juice at 150mg and 200mg per 30ml bottle ($35 - $40 per bottle). I mixed it in with some 0mg nic DIY juice at 100 and 150mg per 30ml bottle (3mg/ml and 5mg/ml) and found some benefit using it in a RDA but not enough to consider buying more at this point due to the cost. I still have some mixed up (I combined my 150mg and 100mg batches and added in more 0mg nic DIY and the rest of my CBD to end up with ~180ml of ~3mg per ml of CBD) and am vaping it generally in the evenings for my issues and to try and help me sleep better (I try and cut out nicotine after 6pm in general) and will vape it until it is gone but doubt I will be buying more when it is gone at this point.

17. Ms. Trixy

Ms. Trixy Plentiful Feasts and Happy Holidays to All VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Buy a cartomizer dedicated to just the CBD ejuice. I finally did after wasting ejuice on vaping CBD as an additive. You can tootle CBD from the Carto when needed it. It's also convenient to carry with you. Get a dedicated rig for it. My CBD is 500mg. I'm fully functional, calm, back pain isn't sharp or throbbing and it helps with other conditions. It doesn't take much at 500mg. I tried 250mg at first. It really didn't help at all. Or should I say, I was chain vaping the 250mg to get to where I needed to be.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  18. Gregjl

Gregjl Bronze Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    That was interesting, people like her should not only not get in trouble they should be able to afford whatever they need.

19. outwest

outwest VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Like you, I think it's here to stay. Even uptight Oklahoma has embraced CBD oil, which is utterly amazing to see happen. Apparently as long as you're not getting any pleasure from the substance, it's okay with Okla.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    MyMagicMist likes this.
  20. Ms. Trixy

Blog Posts:
    I don't know if you all know it, but the DEA has now deemed MJ and it's dirivitive, CBD a Class 1 Drug. That's right - along with opioids.
    The only way to obtain it is if you have a 'friend' or if you get a MMC to use at dispensaries. In AZ, MJ is illegal other than a MMC.

The government has us coming and going, don't they? It doesn't hurt to have one. You don't "have" to use it. But when things get bad for you, you'll wish you had some. @outwest you make a very good point regarding "...pleasure from the substance...". We're not pot heads. We just want to use a form of MEDICINE that will help us where others have failed. If I didn't use it, I'd be a mad woman again. I don't want to go back there.

So, now you know Big Tobacco even has their hands on any form of CBD; even the edibles and tinctures prescribed by a physician.
    IMHO, get the card. Use it when you're ready. And, each Dispensary has their own physician there daily for guidance if you want to speak to him/her. They will write up a semi-script to bring in with you to the flower shop.

outwest likes this.
  21. MyMagicMist

Blog Posts:
    Well, I can and did enjoy once. Rather not now though. If I could use the CBD to ease away from anxiety, possibly help me to do that odd word, relax ... that would be great!

Also saw here in WV we can grow industrial hemp now. Problem being it's more of a way for the state and D.E.A to offer you the courtesy of letting you grease their palms. You need to follow very strict guidelines and can only attain special seed from one group, and that group requires entry fees. Even if I were growing my beans full on commercially, doubt I would think to pay out near $2,000 to grow hemp instead. Then you also need clearing from D.E.A which I'm sure they'll charge quite a fee too.

22. outwest

outwest VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, I hear ya. A friend of mine in New Mexico has dementia and her husband got her a MM card so that he can easily and legally give her CBD oil. It's the only thing that calms her down when she's starting to get out of her head. I say easily, he still found himself having to get it from Colorado. :(

Oklahoma still doesn't have MM & MM cards. We finally got enough sigs on petition to put it on the ballot, but our state attorney general at the time (Scott Pruitt, now in charge of the EPA) rewrote the ballot question, making it sound like people were going to be voting for full legalization. So, a lawsuit was filed, it was delayed from being on the ballot while the lawsuit was being resolved, and now it'll be on the 2018 midterm election ballot. Since midterm elections tend to have a low turnout of younger people, it wouldn't surprise me if it fails to pass.

Even if it passes, the state legislators will probably try to muck it up. This past November, we voted to reduce penalty for simple drug possession to a misdemeanor and the state legislators started working feverishly on creating exceptions to it, such as if you're caught with possession within so many feet of a church, or within so many feet of a university, it will still be a felony. Also, the second time you're caught, it's a felony. That's not what we voted for. One state legislator even had the gall to say to the news media that he didn't think we fully understood what we were voting for, which is bullshit. Things are definitely changing in Okla, though. State legislators were recently convinced to change their mind about kratom and removed it from a bill that would have criminalized it.

Regarding Oklahoma and CBD - I said Okla has embraced it, but it's really taking baby steps. Such is the way in Oklahoma and baby steps counts as embracing, the way this state is. I mean, heck, there are still several dry counties here. State law requires a physician written recommendation, originally patients had to be 18 yrs or younger but was recently changed to include adults, and patient must have been diagnosed with Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome, Dravet Syndrome, or another severe form of epilepsy; spasticity due to multiple sclerosis or due to paraplegia; intractable nausea and vomiting; or chronic wasting disease. To top it off, it doesn't provide for any way for patients to obtain their CBD oil other than going to a state like Colorado, or finding someone willing to ship it, and then they must be sure that it has a THC content of 0.3% or lower. That being said, I have seen a couple of vape shops selling CBD laced eliquid and not asking questions regarding whether or not you have physician recommendation nor asking if you have any of those conditions listed. If caught by a cop, though, I'm sure you'd have to prove you have the legal right to it.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    Ms. Trixy likes this.
  23. SkoldVape

SkoldVape Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    It actually really helps my anxiety & also helps alot of pain I have but the price is way too high! £25.00 - £45.00 depending on price. Just go get a bag of fucking decent weed, it's cheaper. Fair enough people who get psychotic symptoms off it might prefer the cbd cos it has no thc in but would you really pay that!

2WhiteWolves and Cosmic_Glaze like this.
  24. Bryant

Bryant New Member

Blog Posts:
    Not yet, does you guys feel better after use it?:bunny:

SkoldVape likes this.
  25. SkoldVape

SkoldVape Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    For me it took a couple months to feel benefits but my sleep was better as soon as I used it :) highly recommended to anyone that has anxiety. THC in weed cam make people more anxious but this doesn't :) it's mellow an relaxing an helps with some of my psychical problems too

Bryant and Ms. Trixy like this.