Doctors suspect vaping behind dozens of lung illnesses in U.S.

Discussion in 'The Bad' started by iVapeDIY, Aug 17, 2019.

1. AndriaD

AndriaD Will Summer EVER be over?? VU Donator Diamond Contributor ECF Refugee Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    That is SMOKING, not vaping. Combustion turns everything into smoke and ashes; you aren't inhaling OIL, you're inhaling SMOKE, with its load of particulate matter. VASTLY different from ANY kind of vaping!

Andria

Rossum and Rhianne like this.
  2. MrScaryZ

MrScaryZ VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
  3. BronzyIsland

BronzyIsland Bronze Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    im going to assume, perhaps incorrectly, but im gonna assume Andria that you arent a pot smoker.
    Andria, when you light up a joint, and hold it up to the sunlight...
    the smoke emitted.
    its rainbow colored.
    meaning.
    among the mist of grey smoke you will see a kaleidoscope of colors.
    every color.
    the reason why smoke from a joint has a rainbow of colors that you can clearly see in the joint smoke when sunlight is beaming through it,
    is because whats causing the rainbow of colors in the smoke is the oil particles floating upward Andria.
    in comparison.
    cigarette smoke is just grey with a tinge of blue when held up into the rays of the sun.
    unlike mari,juana smoke.
    its different.
    different plants.
    different compounds.
    different results.
    when you smoke weed, you are most def inhaling oil.
    sure some gets combusted into oblivion but not all of it.
    find a friend that smokes pot and see for yourself, the joint smoke.
    its not greyish with a hint of blue.
    its a kaleidoscope of colors.
    i remember remarking about it to friends in college in the early 90s.
    every big pot smoker knows about how pot smoke, with sunlight going through it, shows off its rainbow colors.
    thanks to its oil particles floating upward.
    and into your lungs hun.

im not saying lipoid pneumonia isnt a reality, i'm just saying different oils AND the amount of oil inhaled and coating the lungs are big factors.

p.s.
    the same kaleidoscope of colors can also be seen on the oily surface of the plant's leaves and flowers too. if you look close up and carefully.

4. BronzyIsland

Blog Posts:
    i get my silver rods from ebay. never had any difficulty finding rods ever there

Rhianne likes this.
  5. Rhianne

Rhianne Platinum Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Thanks. We got ours from a jeweler since it was meant to be assayable at .999. But I’d rather just buy it online. Haven’t made it in a while, though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    I’m pretty sure glycerine is used in moisturizers. It has a pretty good skin feel, imho. Without nic, of course!
    What you said about the rainbow effect in weed smoke makes sense now about the whole seeing colors while tripping thing. Interesting that you looked at the smoke in sunlight, too. :cheers:

7. AndriaD

AndriaD Will Summer EVER be over?? VU Donator Diamond Contributor ECF Refugee Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Actually I'm a vaper of "that other stuff." But that is quite different from vaping some mystery OIL. And if you smoke that stuff (which we aren't actually supposed to MENTION here, you know, THE RULES?), NO, you are NOT inhaling oil, you are inhaling SMOKE -- it might be from BURNING the oil, but it has become SMOKE thx to burning it!

You very clearly have ZERO understanding of chemistry or physics, so I'm just going to /ignore you so as not to be troubled by your simple-minded posts any further. It's a waste of time to have a battle of wits with the unarmed.

Andria

8. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    What “alternative” vape are you using? And hopefully I’m not breaking rules here! I’m trying to watch my step with the freedom we’ve got here, especially after the Nazi Germany vibe at ECF!
    <—-unfortunately this wave emoji looks suspiciously like a salute! :giggle: :teehee:

9. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    I use a "dry leaf" atomizer, called the Seego Vhit Reload, or the Seego Vhit Reload W&D -- the latter will also allow you to use "wax," which I think is that "dab" stuff, though I don't know; it's not legal here, so we don't have any of the newfangled stuff, just the old traditional green stuff. :D

And you're quite right; we DO have a lot of freedom here at VU, and I really hate to abuse it, so I hope the above comment isn't too much.

Andria

Rossum and Rhianne like this.
  10. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    I’ve seen legal concentrate/wax made from CBD online, and I thought about getting some. I bought a Dynavap and don’t like it. Solely for CBD. The other is only medicinal here. But the hemp is pretty good, helps me when I can’t sleep.
    It’s like walking a tightrope here with being cool about mentioning stuff. I appreciate VU too much to want to push anything, though!

Rossum and AndriaD like this.
  11. BronzyIsland

Blog Posts:
    are you colorblind to not see the oil particles reflecting and refracting light, rising along with the smoke in a joint as sunlight beams through it?

???

i'm a painter. a fine artist.
    and i can clearly see the kaleidoscope of colors mixed in with the smoke as sunlight beams through it.
    if its not oil particles causing this visual phenomenon of light reflection and refraction...then you explain what causes a multitude of colors that can be seen in joint smoke vs cigarette smoke that doesn't have this prism of every color in a rainbow?
    i'm not a chemist or a physicist...but i do know light.
    i've been studying it, for 25+ years.
    i know light reflection and refraction.
    pretty well.

good luck explaining it.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019