Become a Patron!

Does anybody else's atty need time to settle in to the tank before it gives a good vape?

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I never used an rda rta or rdta before but I'm guessing they are drippers in the sense that you manually juice the wick before vaping. Im guessing your coils are cleaner for it or something?
An rda is a dripper, and were the "goto" for flavor for years. An rdta is basically a dripper sitting on a tank. It wicks juice up to the coils, instead of you dripping juice down onto them. An rta is like rdta, but the coils are under the tank.

Cpt.Black'Briefs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My head herts deciphering the big difference between them all..That's why I got the rba. But what you're saying is that with an RTA you can remove the atty while the juice stays in the tank?Sounds nice, unless of course if you're stepping out with it I suppose

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My head herts deciphering the big difference between them all..That's why I got the rba. But what you're saying is that with an RTA you can remove the atty while the juice stays in the tank?Sounds nice
Yep. That's a big plus for the rta.
You can also rebuild/rewick on an rdta without draining the tank, since the coils are on top, and the juice stays in the tank underneath. So they are both more convenient than an rba deck in that respect. I was used to changing out stock coils, so the rba wasn't too much hassle. Even with my rta's, whenever I'm ready to rewick I always take the whole thing apart for a cleaning. Kinda "six of one = a half dozen of the other" from my POV.

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
My head herts deciphering the big difference between them all..That's why I got the rba. But what you're saying is that with an RTA you can remove the atty while the juice stays in the tank?Sounds nice, unless of course if you're stepping out with it I suppose
You dont understand... leaving the house with an RTA/RDTA you do not need to carry any more juice than you would with your current setup. Most of the DL RTA/RDTA hold 5ml of juice in their tank...

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You dont understand... leaving the house with an RTA/RDTA you do not need to carry any more juice than you would with your current setup. Most of the DL RTA/RDTA hold 5ml of juice in their tank...

My Achilles actually is the best of both worlds, for a low-intensity vaper -- it's an RDA, with a 2.5ml well, which wicks up to the coil like an RTA; with the tight draw and low wattage, juice usage is low, so if I'm just going to the store or something, I don't take anything extra, just make sure I top off the Achilles before I head out. If I'm gone for more than a couple hrs, then I'll take some extra juice; if it's gonna be half a day or more, then I'll take an extra everything, for "just in case" -- shit seems to happen so regularly to vape devices. :facepalm:

Andria

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
^^Yep.
My Supreme holds 7mls, and my Crius+ holds almost 6mls. About to buy a Boreas, and it holds about the same amount. And I have an EXO on the way, with 2 or 6ml capacity. Not sure what many rdta's hold, as I don't have any yet.

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
^^Yep.
My Supreme holds 7mls, and my Crius+ holds almost 6mls. About to buy a Boreas, and it holds about the same amount. And I have an EXO on the way, with 2 or 6ml capacity. Not sure what many rdta's hold, as I don't have any yet.
Yea, well most hold a fair amount as is the nature of DL vaping consuming a lot. I bought myself an original Ammit and even with a single coil built the way i would for my dual coils but just a single it chewed through juice 3ml is just not enough :D

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yea, well most hold a fair amount as is the nature of DL vaping consuming a lot. I bought myself an original Ammit and even with a single coil built the way i would for my dual coils but just a single it chewed through juice 3ml is just not enough :D
Agreed. I can go through 3mls with the Baby rba in under hour, easy lol. Capacity is now the first thing I look for. If it's under 5mls, I usually just pass on by. The exception is the Merlin rdta. I will have at least one of those sexy bastids soon lol.

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
My Achilles actually is the best of both worlds, for a low-intensity vaper -- it's an RDA, with a 2.5ml well, which wicks up to the coil like an RTA; with the tight draw and low wattage, juice usage is low, so if I'm just going to the store or something, I don't take anything extra, just make sure I top off the Achilles before I head out. If I'm gone for more than a couple hrs, then I'll take some extra juice; if it's gonna be half a day or more, then I'll take an extra everything, for "just in case" -- shit seems to happen so regularly to vape devices. :facepalm:

Andria
Yea if im going to be out of the house for 3-4 hours i generally bring a extra set of batteries in my bag of keys and loose change, and a bottle of juice.

Ok no i keep the batteries in a battery case :D

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Andria
Yep. It's always a compromise. Such is life. You can get by on smaller capacity, but don't have many atty options, because you need that tight draw. For me, the market is saturated with DL tanks, but still only a few truly high capacity tanks; ie Modfather, Voltrove, etc. My problem with those is that I don't really want a mod big enough to fit them without serious overhang. Maybe not so much, "I don't want...", so much as, "I can't afford...". LOL Then again, if I stopped buying so much little stuff, maybe I could afford bigger stuff. :giggle:

And I never leave the yard without at least 2 setups. I don't know how I survived my first year vaping, with only one mod/tank. Probably used up my next 5 years worth of luck. :facepalm:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yep. It's always a compromise. Such is life. You can get by on smaller capacity, but don't have many atty options, because you need that tight draw. For me, the market is saturated with DL tanks, but still only a few truly high capacity tanks; ie Modfather, Voltrove, etc. My problem with those is that I don't really want a mod big enough to fit them without serious overhang. Maybe not so much, "I don't want...", so much as, "I can't afford...". LOL Then again, if I stopped buying so much little stuff, maybe I could afford bigger stuff. :giggle:

And I never leave the yard without at least 2 setups. I don't know how I survived my first year vaping, with only one mod/tank. Probably used up my next 5 years worth of luck. :facepalm:

I just wish they still made/sold Achilles, so I could get more! I've got 2 that are original-clones, and another which is an authentic Achille II, but i don't like that II nearly as much -- the bastard leaks, which the others NEVER do!

Andria

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just wish they still made/sold Achilles, so I could get more! I've got 2 that are original-clones, and another which is an authentic Achille II, but i don't like that II nearly as much -- the bastard leaks, which the others NEVER do!

Andria
If I ever come across one, I'll be sure to let you know.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And no, single-wire coils don't burn the wick, if you're using the proper ratio of power-to-airflow.

I quote this for veracity of truth it holds. I am often using single wire based coils, a simple 28 awg works fine. I also use twisted wire coils too, they too can work fine. A vaper needs to learn as they go what suffices to do the work for them. Yes there is a good bit of hit and miss, trial & error. If you are someone keen to thinking the easy things in life are best, or rather the best comes easy, vaping will hand you a big cup of coffee. There are times I have something work one day and it doesn't the next. You live, you learn, you adapt and you enjoy it for that.

NOPE RDA is the only one you drip, ... or squonk.

Fixed that for you. ;) :)

I'm guessing they are drippers in the sense that you manually juice the wick before vaping. Im guessing your coils are cleaner for it or something?

Yes, you can manually drip into an RDA. You can also use bottom feeding RDA with what are called squonk boxes, or bottom feeding mods. This is what I do as I could not "enjoy" having to continually dripitty drip drip and make a mess all the time. Besides that I'm lazy and hate carrying around a third of an ounce of juice in a little plastic bottle, let my mod do that for me, ha! :)

As to being cleaner? Eh, meh, ... so so. It's six or half a dozen any way it gets cut really. If you want cleaner:

1. Use clearer juices that use very light flavors.
2. Cut back or cut out all "sweetners" in your juices.
3. Use unflavored juice with only PG/VG & Nicotine if you use Nicotine.
4. Do daily, weekly, monthly cleaning cycles on all your gear.
5, Always use highly charged batteries to avoid juice not fully heating.

Those are just some off the top of my head tips. You generally do want to keep your devices & gear fairly clean regularly, beyond that the rest is up to your own tastes. There's no right or wrong and no this isn't a reflection of something political, moral, ethical, it's simply vaping. :) But yes, I profess only very few sparing absolutes, not that such has a whit to do with vaping.

I'm referring to the size of the battery, not the tank..And the question I meant was does bigger device equal better performance when comparing the two dual battery devices... a performance to size ratio

As with something else that women try explaining to men yet often to no avail, not really. Performance more readily comes to those who gain from doing. You learn what works "better" for "you" as you vape. Bigger batteries, bigger mod does not always equate to "better" for "you", or for "Joe"/"Sally".

I use a mechanical mod with (1) 18650 20amp discharge battery. I can push dual Clapton coils on the mod, or single wire coil/s setups. Either one suits me fine, it all depends on just what I'm "in the groove" to do at that point in time/space. Been vaping about two years now and have concluded that the basics are, a "battery box with switch to fire" and a "heating element" to warm juice to vapor. I'm not too greatly one keen upon "trends" or "fashion", if X suffices why use C or D just because the packing says "Great!/New!/Bestest!", next week something else will be "Bestest!".

Yes, I do have slight preferential affinities, for example at present I'll tell you Goon RDAs rule the world. About two months ago I thought Velocity RDAs did that. Again, it's back to feeling "the groove" at the time. In short to directly answer you goes back to saying, not really to the size being better question. :) Life genuinely is about all the motion in the ocean and enjoying the swells and crests. :)

Cpt.Black'Briefs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I quote this for veracity of truth it holds. I am often using single wire based coils, a simple 28 awg works fine. I also use twisted wire coils too, they too can work fine. A vaper needs to learn as they go what suffices to do the work for them. Yes there is a good bit of hit and miss, trial & error. If you are someone keen to thinking the easy things in life are best, or rather the best comes easy, vaping will hand you a big cup of coffee. There are times I have something work one day and it doesn't the next. You live, you learn, you adapt and you enjoy it for that.

Yes, you can manually drip into an RDA. You can also use bottom feeding RDA with what are called squonk boxes, or bottom feeding mods. This is what I do as I could not "enjoy" having to continually dripitty drip drip and make a mess all the time. Besides that I'm lazy and hate carrying around a third of an ounce of juice in a little plastic bottle, let my mod do that for me, ha! :)

As to being cleaner? Eh, meh, ... so so. It's six or half a dozen any way it gets cut really. If you want cleaner:

Those are just some off the top of my head tips. You generally do want to keep your devices & gear fairly clean regularly, beyond that the rest is up to your own tastes. There's no right or wrong and no this isn't a reflection of something political, moral, ethical, it's simply vaping. :) But yes, I profess only very few sparing absolutes, not that such has a whit to do with vaping.

As with something else that women try explaining to men yet often to no avail, not really. Performance more readily comes to those who gain from doing. You learn what works "better" for "you" as you vape. Bigger batteries, bigger mod does not always equate to "better" for "you", or for "Joe"/"Sally".

I use a mechanical mod with (1) 18650 20amp discharge battery. I can push dual Clapton coils on the mod, or single wire coil/s setups. Either one suits me fine, it all depends on just what I'm "in the groove" to do at that point in time/space. Been vaping about two years now and have concluded that the basics are, a "battery box with switch to fire" and a "heating element" to warm juice to vapor. I'm not too greatly one keen upon "trends" or "fashion", if X suffices why use C or D just because the packing says "Great!/New!/Bestest!", next week something else will be "Bestest!".

Yes, I do have slight preferential affinities, for example at present I'll tell you Goon RDAs rule the world. About two months ago I thought Velocity RDAs did that. Again, it's back to feeling "the groove" at the time. In short to directly answer you goes back to saying, not really to the size being better question. :) Life genuinely is about all the motion in the ocean and enjoying the swells and crests. :)
U got a point.. I just took both my mods out for a comparison and they Both zoned me out.. I realized Ive been using a very low wattage w them. I usually wouldn't push my Invader over 30w but I did 43 today patiently giving the setup time to adjust to that setting and it satisfied.
As far as cleaning goes I think id been wearing out my wicks holding the button longer for a good vape in stead of increasing the wattage and giving the setup time to adjust to the new setting. 6v use to be enough on the Bec for my 2 or 2.5mm builds. I'm too lazy to measure my jig again but I was mostly using Kanthal for those builds. I stepped up the size of my coils since I got stainless

Last edited:

Cpt.Black'Briefs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

But I also think tfv8 is more than a fad. I got mine for the airflow control and the big tank. U might be able to manually juice your coils w an rda but that's the only advantage if any,right? I know it looks all trendy with the ridges showing and the colorful rings but stuffs there for reasons.lol

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
But I also think tfv8 is more than a fad. I got mine for the airflow control and the big tank. U might be able to manually juice your coils w an rda but that's the only advantage if any,right? I know it looks all trendy with the ridges showing and the colorful rings but stuffs there for reasons.lol

RDAs are primarily used for their clarity of flavor -- you won't find anything that can deliver flavor the way a great RDA can. Which is why so many people like squonking; they get the clear flavor of an RDA, without the hassle. I get the same convenience from an RDA with a 2.5ml well, since I don't go thru a lot of juice.

Andria

Cpt.Black'Briefs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
RDAs are primarily used for their clarity of flavor -- you won't find anything that can deliver flavor the way a great RDA can. Which is why so many people like squonking; they get the clear flavor of an RDA, without the hassle. I get the same convenience from an RDA with a 2.5ml well, since I don't go thru a lot of juice.

Andria
Is that so? Why? Is it from changing the wick so often?Lol,but seriously....Cause that would have been about what I meant when I asked does it keep coils cleaner..flavor..Though I get pretty good flavor..I just think my wicks need a period to juice between 4-5 strong hits. I saw an rta conversion kit for TfV12..Now I'm wishing and hoping it works with tfv8..At least I think I am..

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Is that so? Why? Is it from changing the wick so often?Lol,but seriously....Cause that would have been about what I meant when I asked does it keep coils cleaner..flavor..Though I get pretty good flavor..I just think my wicks need a period to juice between 4-5 strong hits. I saw an rta conversion kit for TfV12..Now I'm wishing and hoping it works with tfv8..At least I think I am..

No, the cleanness, or lack thereof, of the wick, is all about the juice itself. Sweeter ejuice, or that made with higher percentages of flavoring, is what gunks up the coil and then the wick. When I first started and used a tobacco flavor, which is always a very low level of flavoring, i could use the same wick for 3 weeks -- now if i get 3 days out of a wick, I feel fortunate, because i vape a sweet, highly-flavored strawberry & cream.

I'm not really sure why an RDA's flavor is so much better, to be honest; I just know that since I've been using my Achilles for over a year, I can no longer really taste much at all from a Kayfun, which at one time I thought was an absolute flavor champion. I'm sure it must have something to do with the size of the atty's chamber, and the airflow, but i don't really understand the specifics of why.

Andria

Cpt.Black'Briefs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No, the cleanness, or lack thereof, of the wick, is all about the juice itself. Sweeter ejuice, or that made with higher percentages of flavoring, is what gunks up the coil and then the wick. When I first started and used a tobacco flavor, which is always a very low level of flavoring, i could use the same wick for 3 weeks -- now if i get 3 days out of a wick, I feel fortunate, because i vape a sweet, highly-flavored strawberry & cream.

I'm not really sure why an RDA's flavor is so much better, to be honest; I just know that since I've been using my Achilles for over a year, I can no longer really taste much at all from a Kayfun, which at one time I thought was an absolute flavor champion. I'm sure it must have something to do with the size of the atty's chamber, and the airflow, but i don't really understand the specifics of why.

Andria
How about RTA?

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

Andria
LMAO Kayfun vs RDA..... :p

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
LMAO Kayfun vs RDA..... :p

So I'm not the only one to find a kayfun flavorless after getting used to RDAs? That is so weird, since the kayfun was such a HUGE jump in flavor over those bitty lil clearos I started with, and even cartos.

Andria

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
So I'm not the only one to find a kayfun flavorless after getting used to RDAs? That is so weird, since the kayfun was such a HUGE jump in flavor over those bitty lil clearos I started with, and even cartos.

Andria
The kayfun was an important step in my history... hell i still have a couple in a drawer downstairs... but they dont compare to rda's and rta's with rda's in mind when being built... i literally cannot go to a vape shop and taste test anything... i simply cannot taste their crappy testers even when they are "high end" just cant its about vapor production and air flow it just doesnt happen.... My tank is more like an RDA than many hell it has a 19mm build deck :p but yea vapor density plays a huge role :D

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What about RTA's? They will generally taste better than your drop in coil tanks...
This one is aaaahwsome....
a6e1036a7a6b607cb9fa83bfae8904a6.jpg

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Cpt.Black'Briefs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Andria
I bought 2 vamos, never looked at a kayfun..They both stopped working from me using my Cloutank on them to smoke. That's all it was good for.. I don't use it anymore. I used a Kanger protank back then with ss wick that I installed myself to avoid burning the wick. It actually got me by back then but I guess I should've upgraded from it when I got my first variable device

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Get a Modfather.... You will love it....

I guarantee it !!!!!!

I would sooner get a VCMT :p probably... Not enough features other than the larger capacity, to drive me into the arms of another woman... Its like having a gf who is an identical twin, an dthe only reason you fuck her sister is because its taboo... nostalgia and bragging rights but no real difference :D

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I bought 2 vamos, never looked at a kayfun..They both stopped working from me using my Cloutank on them to smoke. That's all it was good for.. I don't use it anymore. I used a Kanger protank back then with ss wick that I installed myself to avoid burning the wick. It actually got me by back then but I guess I should've upgraded from it when I got my first variable device
WHY ARE YOU SMOKING?!?!? You are spozed to be VAPING!!! WTF MAN WTF!?!?! I swear kids theese days

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Umm.. a Vamo is a mod; a Kayfun is a tank, an atomizer.

Andria

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Umm.. a Vamo is a mod; a Kayfun is a tank, an atomizer.

Andria
Outdated mod at that :D had a few of the versions years ago :D Great in their prime but today...... shhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The kayfun was an important step in my history... hell i still have a couple in a drawer downstairs... but they dont compare to rda's and rta's with rda's in mind when being built... i literally cannot go to a vape shop and taste test anything... i simply cannot taste their crappy testers even when they are "high end" just cant its about vapor production and air flow it just doesnt happen.... My tank is more like an RDA than many hell it has a 19mm build deck :p but yea vapor density plays a huge role :D

Well, you seem to have the idea that you can only get good flavor if you DL and get a whole roomful of vapor, and that's just not true. My Achilles doesn't produce much vapor at all, because of the tight draw, but the flavor is absolutely beyond compare, and I don't have to choke myself out or fog up the whole damn house.

I thought we were comparing RDAs to Kayfuns, and why I can't get much flavor from a kayfun anymore... the airflow is pretty much identical, if I set the KFL+'s airflow about half open, to what I get from the Achilles when it's fully open (the hex screw has been removed, mainly 'cause I got tired of the damn whistling! :giggle:)

Andria

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Well, you seem to have the idea that you can only get good flavor if you DL and get a whole roomful of vapor, and that's just not true. My Achilles doesn't produce much vapor at all, because of the tight draw, but the flavor is absolutely beyond compare, and I don't have to choke myself out or fog up the whole damn house.

I thought we were comparing RDAs to Kayfuns, and why I can't get much flavor from a kayfun anymore... the airflow is pretty much identical, if I set the KFL+'s airflow about half open, to what I get from the Achilles when it's fully open (the hex screw has been removed, mainly 'cause I got tired of the damn whistling! :giggle:)

Andria
Woa woa woa there lil missy. I never said you had to have a room full. I SAID VAPOR DENSITY!!!!!! Meaning however you vape MTL or DL an RDA will have more dense vape when built right than a friggin Kayfun... Period :D Clouds or MTL toots Calm them thar horses!!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Outdated mod at that :D had a few of the versions years ago :D Great in their prime but today...... shhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

I sold mine to a kid down the street who had an autofire incident with his mech and set his backpack on fire, and came to realize that he needed to vape to avoid smoking, and hang the damn clouds and penis-comparing with his friends. :D And a gunmetal Vamo with a gold kayfun on it is a very good-looking mod, quite unique from what his friends had. ;)

Still got a couple of Sigelei Zmax flat-tops, and a couple of tube mechs, but I just don't like the tube style mods anymore. I keep the sigeleis because those are great mods, and my low-power vaping means the 15w limit is no hardship for me. If I ever need them, I got them. :)

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Woa woa woa there lil missy. I never said you had to have a room full. I SAID VAPOR DENSITY!!!!!! Meaning however you vape MTL or DL an RDA will have more dense vape when built right than a friggin Kayfun... Period :D Clouds or MTL toots Calm them thar horses!!

My vapor isn't dense at all -- it's 85% or 86% PG -- wisps, not clouds, but FULL of flavor. it looks a lot like what I exhaled when I smoked, or perhaps a little less; it definitely fades away faster, and smells MUCH better. ;)

Andria

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I sold mine to a kid down the street who had an autofire incident with his mech and set his backpack on fire, and came to realize that he needed to vape to avoid smoking, and hang the damn clouds and penis-comparing with his friends. :D And a gunmetal Vamo with a gold kayfun on it is a very good-looking mod, quite unique from what his friends had. ;)

Still got a couple of Sigelei Zmax flat-tops, and a couple of tube mechs, but I just don't like the tube style mods anymore. I keep the sigeleis because those are great mods, and my low-power vaping means the 15w limit is no hardship for me. If I ever need them, I got them. :)

Andria
For every season............. :D

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
My vapor isn't dense at all -- it's 85% or 86% PG -- wisps, not clouds, but FULL of flavor. it looks a lot like what I exhaled when I smoked, or perhaps a little less; it definitely fades away faster, and smells MUCH better. ;)

Andria
Erg ERM AHHH density refers to the amount of vape whetehr it is Cloudy or not it is FLAVOR DENSE!!!!!!! I vape houses foggy... you dont.... that has nothing to do with how an RDA or an RTA built like an RDA behaves.... :p This isnt a cloud vs whisp convo... :p I promise you i am not coming at you!! I PROMISE!!!!!!! It is just a convo about how the flavor and or vapor density whether it is 85% pg or 85% vg the vapor/flavor density is there :D

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

Andria
Try adding a bit of distilled water to it... you want it to be whispier :D will alter the flavor though...

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Erg ERM AHHH density refers to the amount of vape whetehr it is Cloudy or not it is FLAVOR DENSE!!!!!!! I vape houses foggy... you dont.... that has nothing to do with how an RDA or an RTA built like an RDA behaves.... :p This isnt a cloud vs whisp convo... :p I promise you i am not coming at you!! I PROMISE!!!!!!! It is just a convo about how the flavor and or vapor density whether it is 85% pg or 85% vg the vapor/flavor density is there :D

I'm just trying to understand why the KFL+ is so underwhelming now, when I used to find it a terrific vape. I *can* get a little flavor from my new authentic KFL+, but only if I a) mix my juice at a higher flavoring percentage, and b) turn the power up a little -- maybe 11w or even 12w, as opposed to the 9.5-ish watts I generally run my Achilles. The airflow is the same, pretty much... the inside of the top of the atty chamber has that "dome" shape that concentrates the vapor... but it's just a lot less flavorful than my Achilles, and it bugs me.

Andria

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would sooner get a VCMT probably... Not enough features other than the larger capacity, to drive me into the arms of another woman... Its like having a gf who is an identical twin, an dthe only reason you fuck her sister is because its taboo... nostalgia and bragging rights but no real difference :D
I gave the vcmts away hated it with a passion..... We just did a testing on 25 RTA's and 36 rda's....

The best tasting from all the rda's per vote was the Goon, ..... Better tasting than The Modfather.....

In the RTA department.... Nothing Touches "The Modfather" The Scottua came close but for the $185.00 price tag and condensation created under that tank, the testers put it below The Modfather....

Same juice same coils on everything.......

A lot might think it's a just a hype. ..... Everyone that gets a Modfather... Don't put it down..... I know it's $80.00 but once you get one the days of looking, seeking and finding a better one comes to an end....

We did try some rdta's about 10 and the Limitless Plus was damb good..... Taste is amazing...... We couldn't choose a favorite because we found that they are mostly the same... The smoothest airflow and zero leaking None, clouds for days and amazing taste... The Limitless..... It was my favorite, well I like the Alpine also but price ?

I haven't gotten a single free thing from Modfather..... I buy everything I use.... And so did the tasting team...... And we bounced from one to the other and we came back to The Modfather......

Between the testers we own a large variety of equipment.... I know what taste, price, clouds have to do with vaping and it's all an opinion but not mine alone..... We sat hours tasting and tasting.....

And there are contenders..... But juice capacity, ease of build, thickness of clouds, price, build quality were all taken into consideration......

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I'm just trying to understand why the KFL+ is so underwhelming now, when I used to find it a terrific vape. I *can* get a little flavor from my new authentic KFL+, but only if I a) mix my juice at a higher flavoring percentage, and b) turn the power up a little -- maybe 11w or even 12w, as opposed to the 9.5-ish watts I generally run my Achilles. The airflow is the same, pretty much... the inside of the top of the atty chamber has that "dome" shape that concentrates the vapor... but it's just a lot less flavorful than my Achilles, and it bugs me.

Andria
Ok let me ask you this... is your coil build exactly the same on your kayfun as it is on your rda?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Try adding a bit of distilled water to it... you want it to be whispier :D will alter the flavor though...

Nah, I tried water at one point, it makes it pop unpleasantly. I already have to use those angled adapters, so that any popping doesn't hit me in the lip or tongue, don't wanna make the popping worse.

Andria

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I gave the vcmts away hated it with a passion..... We just did a testing on 25 RTA's and 36 rda's....

The best tasting from all the rda's per vote was the Goon, ..... Better tasting than The Modfather.....

In the RTA department.... Nothing Touches "The Modfather" The Scottua came close but for the $185.00 price tag and condensation created under that tank, the testers put it below The Modfather....

Same juice same coils on everything.......

A lot might think it's a just a hype. ..... Everyone that gets a Modfather... Don't put it down..... I know it's $80.00 but once you get one the days of looking, seeking and finding a better one comes to an end....

We did try some rdta's about 10 and the Limitless Plus was damb good..... Taste is amazing...... We couldn't choose a favorite because we found that they are mostly the same... The smoothest airflow and zero leaking None, clouds for days and amazing taste... The Limitless..... It was my favorite, well I like the Alpine also but price ?

I haven't gotten a single free thing from Modfather..... I buy everything I use.... And so did the tasting team...... And we bounced from one to the other and we came back to The Modfather......

Between the testers we own a large variety of equipment.... I know what taste, price, clouds have to do with vaping and it's all an opinion but not mine alone..... We sat hours tasting and tasting.....

And there are contenders..... But juice capacity, ease of build, thickness of clouds, price, build quality were all taken into consideration......

Grrr al this talk of other tanks and no opinion of my PRECIOUS!!!?!?!?!? HOW DARE YOU SIR, HOW DARE YOU!! :D What did you dislike about the Griffin 25 Plus? Just out of shits and giggles :D

VU Sponsors